Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 984: My Bible [Break Week]

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace : "I met a guy that called himself Oden when I was in Wano. He was a chill dude, even if a bit strange."

Whitebeard : "I guess Oden is fine even with Kaido there. Thank you for the update Ace."
Kaido : Redhair please step aside, if I don't save him, my daughter will be really pissed

Redhair : Nope, we will have our own war in here
Then I'll go there as if to save the day, just like how lord Im wanted

Bogard

You can't win
Very interesting build up chapter. There was a little bit of everything

> Some dinosaur zoan hype for their toughness
Could it be that they are awakened ?

> Yamato is shown to be very strong, especially considering that Luffy was using gear stacking(g2+g3)

With Yamato not really having wanting to harm Luffy, only wanted to talk to him

A Yamato who turned out to be a woman admiring Oden a lot to the point of wanting to carry out his will, she even was the first to find out his logbook, unknowingly to her own father :kaimoji:

And seeing how Oden was listing all his adventures with Whitebeard and Roger in that logbook, it seems like it'd have an importance later down the line

In either case, their clash was intense, with Luffy seemingly sensing Yamato's strength(which could explain why he was so adament in trying her out despite feeling she wasn't an enemy before), with Yamato herself noticing Luffy still wasn't going all out(well he has g4 after all) and interestingly enough, bringing out a parallel with Ace in terms of strength

And pay in mind that Ace was in Wano 4 years ago, yet his strength is still getting brought up in comparison to Luffy

Shows just how much of a beast he was :steef: And the best part is that all those build-ups imply we'd get even more and more Ace flashbacks, with him being basically linked to all the major figures of Wano, and the exact reason of his promise to Tama being even more interesting in parallel to Luffy's, as well as his relation with Kaido's daughter :amazing:

On a side note, it was very out of character to see Robin this way :yearight:, but her interactions with Jinbei are taking an interesting turn

Also loved this spread. Kaido, and calamities all in the same panel, with Orochi trying to look tough lol. Jack's size make Kaido look small here though :josad:

It also seems like we got a glimpse of Law's helsman here, with his top men ready and him also using his room powers to slice up some rocks and use them as substitution and infiltrate Onigashima safely

Nekomamushi's entrance was funny though, but it seems he at least made up a bit of his hand handicap with some newly designed weapon(will Inuarashi do the same for his leg?), with Izo also looking awesome with his new design, quite an improvement compared to his MF self. The scar is probably a reminiscence from the Payback war against Blackbeard pirates, with the reunion with his younger brother being quite touchy

But in the end it seems like Oda isn't ready to involve Marco in the war just yet. I'm pretty certain him going away right now will lead to him getting stalled by someone, most likely either by Weevil(if he followed him) or even Big Mom

This move makes it all the more though that the raid might fail, with Marco only coming at the last second after taking care of this business

In either case, amazing chapter, 10/10 will read again :shocking:

- seeing Kaidou's design in full power pose like that really triggered me, i hope he delivers and not just empty hype.

- Yamato, Oden 2.0, strong ally, i wonder about Yamato's correlation in the Momotaro reference. But Yamato Takeru is the dragon slayer in the myth

- Luffy, according to Yamato, still hasn't gotten serious? Sheesh so much for hyping Ulti and Page One.
Ofcourse he delivers. Did you forget what he did to luffy.

"But but Yamato > King because he can one shot distracted Ulti!!! (Let's pretend to forget what King did to Big Mom Pirates)"
Reality: #IToldYou Ulti is okay, waking up and furious

"But but Yamato is Ace of Beasts thus he > King!!!"
Reality: It's a she and she is just another Ace's damsel friend.

"Current post Udon Luffy mid diffs King, and low difd Jack!!!!"
Reality: He is getting trolled by even Yamato who is below Jack/Pica/Cracker.

RIP Luffy and Yamato's fanboys
The former kept getting embarassed since Act 3 started and the latter will slowly turn into damsel. Remember, Rebecca also looked strong once with Undefeated Gladiator title and "will kill Doffy with Mera Mera" speech.
All King did was kick a ship. I am not saying King isn't stronger, but stop it.

Older? Ulti was talking about yamato like shes a kid. Page One and Ulti are probably older than people think tbh. Dont know when it was confirmed they were really young or sum. Page one and ulti are probably in their early to mid 20's.
that is why i said they probably didnt know Yamato's actual age, let alone her being Kaido's daughter. For now, I would like to think Yamato's real identity is something that not even people like F6 know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.