Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay for your fav character to get clowned and injured by people weaker than them....

This does not make them weak and it's not oda made everyone in op invulnerable, i mean shanks git his hand off by a sea king(god level threat tho, solos one piece)

Squardo stabbed whitebeard ( squardo solos op too)

Big mom got thunder clapped by nami ( god level threat too)

:endthis:

Roger got killed by a stab from executioners (the executioners solo one piece too😤)

Mihawk got stopped by vista ( vista is the second stromgest or even strongest):goyea:

Just keep in mind that akainu, im, gorosei, blackbeard, dragon and shanks are gonna be clowned

I wonder how do you explain she keeps using "boku" then?
Because "boku" isn't exclusively used by boys in the Japanese language.
There are countless words for "I" or "me" and boku is often used by young males.
It can also be used by girls however. The girl band AKB48 uses "boku" for example.

Since she wanted to basically be Oden up until last chapter, it only made sense that she used "boku".

It does in no way mean she doesn't view herself as a woman anymore, if we let the Oden stuff aside.

Last edited:
Because "boku" isn't exclusively used by boys in the Japanese language.
There are countless words for "I" or "me" and boku is often used by young males.
It can also used by girls however. The girl band AKB48 uses "boku" for example.

Since she wanted to basically be Oden up until last chapter, it only made sense that she used "boku".

It does in no way mean she doesn't view herself as a woman anymore, if we let the Oden stuff aside.
To add on to this, this is a common story telling trope in manga known as bokukko.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I like Izo's moment from this chapter but from what I see this moment caused King's downplay to go from background justice to weakest YC1.

Just wow.

P

PeperLevi

Yeah I hope so. Nami needs fight this arc to redeem herself. If random homies could capture her that's bad for her portrayal.
Oda is totally right portraying Nami as a weakling girl,because that's just like what she is. Even with the weather toy,she is nothing for characters that know how counter it at close range,proved by Kumadori and Smoothie. Is the fairest she spend all the war without do anything important,because she not has power to do anything. Is better be weak and useless with dignity than do things of a way forced by plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.