Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro hasn't done JACKSHIT in the last 3 chapters and the Zoro killing Kaido agenda grew stronger every chapter.

985 - Orochi is killed
986 - Shinobu confirms that even if Orochi lives, he's a nonfactor in this war
987 - KINEMON who creamed at the sight of Zoro cutting Pica was able to cut Kaido

My fellow Zoro fans, we are eating in Wano.
:cheers:

Luffy has never been betrayed, he brings people to his side, stop this nonsense.
Technically, Kanjuro betrayed everyone in the Pirate-Samurai-Mink alliance, including luffy. if it wasn’t for Kinemon’s positive misinterpretation of the message, the entire raid would have been gone. Also, even though the raid did continue, the traitor managed to kidnap Momo and would have had him execute and the entire Thing would have been pointless even if they managed to defeat Kaido.
That’s an example from few chapters back.

I really don't want this raid to fail. It has such an amazing buildup and the Heroes are all yet to shine. I really hope that Oda doesn't go the classic Act 3 tragedy here. Act 3 had its moment to end with the tragedy like Kanjuro's betrayal, Oden's death, Momo captured, etc. So, I don't think that Act 3 will follow the by default law of tragedy end here..

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I really don't want this raid to fail. It has such an amazing buildup and the Heroes are all yet to shine. I really hope that Oda doesn't go the classic Act 3 tragedy here. Act 3 had its moment to end with the tragedy like Kanjuro's betrayal, Oden's death, Momo captured, etc. So, I don't think that Act 3 will follow the by default law of tragedy end here..
Marines might came to Wano because of X - Drake. And Act 3 might ended when Marine came to Wano.

Technically, Kanjuro betrayed everyone in the Pirate-Samurai-Mink alliance, including luffy. if it wasn’t for Kinemon’s positive misinterpretation of the message, the entire raid would have been gone. Also, even though the raid did continue, the traitor managed to kidnap Momo and would have had him execute and the entire Thing would have been pointless even if they managed to defeat Kaido.
That’s an example from few chapters back.
I wouldn't personally consider Kanjuro to be betraying Luffy personally, Luffy didn't pick him or interact with him for more than a few sentences, he wasn't swept up in Luffy's wave of charisma at all, he was someone vetted by Kin'emon. In other words Luffy hasn't messed up in his recruitment of allies, his allies have, so I don't think it makes sense to be a big learning moment for him.
Luffy didn't seem to be mad or affected much when Kanjuro's nature was revealed after the initial one page of shock, it's not like he really bothered to hunt him down or mention him since.

Anyone else feel a weird vibe with Yamato? I don't think she's a bad person. It's just the way she's introduced so far doesn't flow well with the story.

She's just there with this delusional mindset completely ignorant of the scabbards being the real carriers of Oden's will. There's no emotion behind her persona, all I see is a crazy person just like what Ulti said.

Idk what Oda is planning with Yamato but she needs her own personal goals, I need to know who she is deep down, not a wannabe Oden.

I don't think Law is going to get defeated, I think he's going to secretly meet with X Drake.
If the raid fail as I and @Buusatan94 point it out(or better our theory*) Law most like get defeated too. In that case either Kaido or one Calamity gonna do it. If the raid working you are right though ^^

@Dark Admiral
Kanjuro isn't really a lose for our heroes. A big tragedy didn't happen yet for our heroes(Luffy and co). In act 3 the heroes get defeated and the arc end with a tragedy/dramatic. In act 4 the heroes attack back and take the win.
Since we move to Wano each act end with a timeskip of 1-2days, act 1 end with a timeskip, act two end with a timeskip. Act 3 most like end with a timeskip too and that didn't would work if we where in the middle of the war. Every timeskip had a meaning, every act end had a meaning, closing a story line. It is a theory but most like Oda end the act 3 in sameway, a timeskip and a timeskip only would make sense if the fight would already end.

I don’t see the raid failing tbh, too much on the line for ... well, everyone. You name it, samurai, Strawhats, Other pirate crews and lately, even the people of Wano... everything depends on this raid and there are too much stakes to lose if the raid fails ...

there’s a small chance of Wano-country being freed from Kaido’s Influence, but Kaido remains Alive.

Anyone else feel a weird vibe with Yamato? I don't think she's a bad person. It's just the way she's introduced so far doesn't flow well with the story.

She's just there with this delusional mindset completely ignorant of the scabbards being the real carriers of Oden's will. There's no emotion behind her persona, all I see is a crazy person just like what Ulti said.

Idk what Oda is planning with Yamato but she needs her own personal goals, I need to know who she is deep down, not a wannabe Oden.
Yeah, me too, read this:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...chapter-987-faithful-servant.6380/post-600487

C

critical mindset

Zoro again evades capture by the aid of samurai who have all had individual highlights in the Wano arc, such as the bald guy who was the leader of a group of samurai that greeted and pledged their services to Kinnemon; one received the crescent moon message by Usopp on the street; etc. Zoro needed to help of distinguished samurai to take down the fodders, his eye has been cut and he is bruised all over his face. Good tidings :)

I wouldn't personally consider Kanjuro to be betraying Luffy personally, Luffy didn't pick him or interact with him for more than a few sentences, he wasn't swept up in Luffy's wave of charisma at all, he was someone vetted by Kin'emon. In other words Luffy hasn't messed up in his recruitment of allies, his allies have, so I don't think it makes sense to be a big learning moment for him.
Luffy didn't seem to be mad or affected much when Kanjuro's nature was revealed after the initial one page of shock, it's not like he really bothered to hunt him down or mention him since.
I know what you are trying to say here, but you wouldn’t get these specific requirements and based on those you can say something counts as a treason or not.
what I’m trying to say here is that we have seen nothing special from Yamato that makes someone wanna trust her, someone might argue Yamato one shot Ulti, one of Kaido’s Tobi Roppo ... but that’s not enough proof since Kanjuro fought alongside the SH Too but he still betrayed everyone eventually.

i’m not saying this is a mega problem that Oda absolutely ruined everything with, it’s just how I think Why most people feel Oda did Yamato’s character injustice (till now) by not exploring her background and make some actual characte development that makes us discuss her with complete Understanding of everything about her.
what’s happening now is basically Yamato character being introduced as a good character who joined up with the Main good character of the story to take down the bad character.
I expected more than this, that’s all what I’m saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yamato is an eccentric character, her goal is she wants to be free, which is very in line with Luffy's goal to be the freest man.

She has been confined and abused her whole life by one of the most powerful characters in the world, additionally she knows secret details about Oden and his journey that the scabbards don't.

With the shadow of Kaido and Oden hanging over her she's not going to be able to be truly free, that's why the events of this war will be pivotal to her character growth, just like most Strawhats get when they get their proper introduction arcs.

Oden was crazy, ignorant and delusional at different points too.

Status
Not open for further replies.