Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not necessarily physical strength
Post automatically merged:

how about providing some evidence
This is just not the actual translation of the passage...

I think he should die, I like the character, but he's the perfect candidate to really cement Kaidou as a true beast and invoke overwhelming stakes from tragedy.
Few scabbards definitively have to die, One Piece has to become a bit more adult, a bit darker, a bit more "real", you just can't go all in war, and not lose some of your strongest men while you take out all the enemy's force.

Luffy has never been betrayed, he brings people to his side, stop this nonsense.

9 YC3+ to Veteran level characters who are highly motivated suicide attack a DRUNK OFF-GUARD Kaido who suffers from specific Oden PTSD and they manage to give him superficial wounds while taking heavy damage themselves.
He sobers up, his zoan regen kicks in and that is pretty much pointless.
If he is on guard with his defenses up he becomes a lot harder to injure.
The whole "couldn't kill" aspect was never logical if you consider they could just chuck him in the ocean with seastone cuffs on, but we are talking in a state where he could presumably offer up some level of defense, in which case they cannot kill him because his serious defense and regen is too much.
But he was captured so means he was caught and was tortured many times means he were at the mercy of his enemies so even that has a contradiction Oda failed to deliver Kaido the way he was introduced his performance is far behind that of his introduction

D

Deleted member 83

Interesting translation here from the link that @DruMzTV sent. So Kaido realize if the Red Scabbards is strong?
Also i want to point out if all of the beast pirates might knew if Yamato was a "Girl" for all this time.
Mistranslation, it’s a flashback, literally these two panels

how about providing some evidence
Glad you asked

Firstly Kaido does not say 'They're strong just like you' in the first page, those couple of panels are literally from a convo we've already seen in Chapter 972:

Secondly Kaido says 'Do these guys have Oden's ryou?!' Japanese clearly says 'Oden's ryou' but in your scan it just says 'Are they also able to use ryou?'

Those are the ones I've noticed so far, skimming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.