Break Week One Piece Chapter 987: Faithful Servant

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is...

... do any of us actually know anything about Kabuki structure? Actually know through their own experience and research, not just reading off the Wikipedia page and the one website in English that talks about and says it has five acts? I sure don't.
I do, they actually have 26 acts

I hope the haters of yamato learn their place. Ulti's strong but Yamato still made her bleed and knocked out.
Now we just gotta watch and see if Oda has plans to make Yamato look weaker than her earlier portrayal or not.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž

... do any of us actually know anything about Kabuki structure? Actually know through their own experience and research, not just reading off the Wikipedia page and the one website in English that talks about and says it has five acts? I sure don't.
  • Jo | First Act
    • A slow opening which introduces the characters and the story.
  • Ha | Second, Third and Fourth Act
    • It is the combination of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th act.
    • The second and fourth act consists of battles.
    • The Ha speeds up the action leading to a reat dramatic moment or tragedy in the third act.
  • Kyu | Final Act or Fifth Act
    • This act wraps up the story in a quick and satisfying conclusion.

This is from the site but it's the same thing Tekking talked about which he probably also found on the site.

If Oda is really going to follow the acts ending as it should be then we are set for a "Dramatic moment".
Post automatically merged:

Ulti's strong but Yamato still made her bleed and knocked out.
Scabbards made Kaido bleed:goatasure::goatasure:

Ulti woke up a few seconds after that.

It was half KO just like her half Thunder Bagua.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
This is from the site but it's the same thing Tekking talked about which he probably also found on the site.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen that been bandied about for two years now. Hell, I've used it myself. But it's been taken as gospel that it's how Kabuki (and thus this arc) is always done, when it really isn't all that solid a source.

Seth

โ€Ž
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've seen that been bandied about for two years now. Hell, I've used it myself. But it's been taken as gospel that it's how Kabuki (and thus this arc) is always done, when it really isn't all that solid a source.
I wonder if Oda could think of totally flipping the Acts structure. I wonder if some Japanese culture boys would get mad over it.
Basically, what I mean is what if Kaido decides to flip the supposed endings of the Acts?

Seth

โ€Ž
Donโ€™t know what you mean by weather dragon but in most legends eastern dragons have the power to manipulate weather, especially rain/water
I don't follow stuff like that.

So basically Kaido doesn't need to be any special dragon to control the weather right?

We give for granted that Oda will do 5 acts to imitate the Kabuki style. But what if he will actually do just 3 acts?
The colorspread said something like " the battle is reaching its climax . Here is the colorspread to celebrate the popularity of the arc".

Oda so far is making a job convincing us that this arc is gonna end now which is always possible but there are lots of loose ends to resolve. I just think it would be a lot more exciting if there is an act 4.

Last edited:

Seth

โ€Ž
Technically yes
Also he is confirmed to have the ability to generate clouds, which I guess would be considered by some to be weather manipulation
So there are only two possibilities for Kaido:
1. He's a Mythical Eastern Dragon fruit user.
2. He's a Mythical Eastern Dragon who ate Human Human fruit.

F

Fallen Prince

Translation is pretty bad as always.

I dont understand half the time yamato says "she mentions its time for her to become kozuki ode " then mentions she is no longer the ally of beast pirates both dont make any sense.

Rest of chapter is awesome i think we might really see if kaido is worth the hype or not ?

Bad move to release sulong mink early it only means mink gang will lose early.

The colorspread said something like " the battle is reaching its climax of this arc. Here is the colorspread to celebrate the popularity of the arc".

Oda so far is making a job convincing us that this arc is gonna end now which is always possible but there are lots of loose ends to resolve. I just think it would be a lot more exciting if there is an act 4.
If lurking legend is alive then this is the time or its just downer.

I watched kabuki play . It def has 3 acts but if oda is going traditional way we might get around 5 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.