Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scabbards and Kaido are facing each other on the roof of the skull dome. Jack and a Number (whose appearance is really goofy) and a certain number of Smiles users join them with Jack stating his intention to stop them as a way to make up for the fact that it was his neglicence that allowed the minks to come here.

The Sulong transformation is of course epic and Jack will surely have a real hard time with them, which may force him to reveal his hybrid form.

Inside the dome the raid continues with King and Queen staying at the execution platform only for Shinobu to come and save Momonosuke though ofc King spots them and nearly kills them until Sanji evidently saves them in his Raid Suit.

Naturally the suit is not enough to give Sanji the advantage against a YC1 such as King who proceeds to crash him into a building even if Sanji will certainely not be too damaged by that.

It was nice to see more of Ikoku with it piercing big holes in Onigashima, at this rate the skull isn't going to last very long anymore.
However the part with Nami and Zeus was truly annoying and cringeworthy, it makes you want to knock Nami out or send her far away and/or to kill Zeus to end this cheap drama.

Again Oda's treatment of Big Mom proves to be very disappointing with her getting rolled over by the Rhino Bike, she will certainely get up uninjured from it again just like after being hit by Zeus' huge lightning or Pedro's suicide explosion or Coup de Burst but this is always really frustrating.

But the most cringeworthy and even creepy part of this chapter is again Yamato's obsessive fanboyism of Oden with her going as far as calling Momonosuke "My son". This attitude is getting more and more annoying, cringy and spooky with each chapter and I hope someone knock some sense into her about the ridiculousness of this attitude and tell her to be herself.

Respect Jack, dude is the only Calamity who try to protect his captain, like his status and how Oda make him important, im already hyped up to see Jack fighting against the Minks!! @Jo_Ndule

Dude that attack was crazy if even Luffy hype up it as hell of an attack, he don´t usually praise a attack but here he fear that Sanji get bad hurt, my though is that Sanji is little injuried and stand up again in the next chapter, overall I like the scene with King vs Sanji.

And overall about Sanji, my dude get downplayed in the last chapters very hard, matchup as against Pageone get said, a confrontation against King was not even a opinion for many users and this Sanji face now King. The outcome is irrelevant, Sanji take his W to save Momo and hold up King, some user should apologize to Sanji after this chapter. He was indeed the Mvp of the chapter and I hope we see more of King vs Sanji(my own opinion is still the same though, King alone is too much for any strawhat expect Luffy to handle, King going defeat in a teambattle).

A couple things i wanna say about this chapter :

- Firstly the Minks transformation were epic, I think the guardians will injure Jack then one of the Dukes Nekomamushi or Inurashi will finish him off

- King noticing Shinobu instead of Queen in my opinion shows off his superior CoO

- Sanji saving Momo was some old school Sanji greatness

- King Smashing Sanji effortlessly really shows off again that the commander are on an entirely different level

- Also i got to wait for the official to come out but if Sanji really said those things to King when King smashed him then Lmao Oda keeps trolling Sanji fans

- BM again was up and down, for a second she was living up to the Yonko hype then Franky ran her over and made a fool of her lol

Overall it was an amazing chapter !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.