Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanji! I thought you were looking for women
:stealthblack:THIS **** SANJI SAID "RELAX, I FOUND A BITCH ALRIGHT". I absolutely loved that small interaction with Momo. Also it looks like King and Sanji had two clashes rather than one now that the scan are cleaner; one where he attacks with his foot and another where he blocks with his knee. That's pretty impressive.
Also I can't forget Franky with that clean ass black history month drive by. What an unstoppable chad.

Viz sucks at least when it comes to One Piece.

They try so hard to do better than Jaiminis yet they fail again and again.
No they don't, fan translations have made lots of mistakes just because you don't like some of the Viz translations doesn't mean they suck. Stephen who is the current translator of One Piece for Viz has been translating for a very long time even way before he started to work for Viz, even though I don't agree with a few of his translations such as Dogstorm, Cat Viper, and Animal Kingdom Pirates at least there is a reason behind those translations.

what's the viz version for Sanji & King, and Franky in last page?
can't access it from my country -_-
Here is the Viz version for Sanji and King.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
No they don't, fan translations have made lots of mistakes just because you don't like some of the Viz translations doesn't mean they suck. Stephen who is the current translator of One Piece for Viz has been translating for a very long time even way before he started to work for Viz, even though I don't agree with a few of his translations such as Dogstorm, Cat Viper, and Animal Kingdom Pirates at least there is a reason behind those translations.

Here is the Viz version for Sanji and King.
Oh yeah I remember when Jaiminis Box had more fitting translations for some conversations where Viz tried hard to look different so they picked different words of the same meaning ye Viz translators pros:kayneshrug:

Viz translator does not = better translator.

It looks more and more evident to me that Jack is basically the abused child who wants to get his abusive dad's approval and respect in the hope that it would stop his abuse and with severe self-loathing and anger issues, hence him going so far to try to get Doflamingo back from the marines and him being the only Calamity who intervenes to try to defend his captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.