Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is supposed to be cringy
Why? :sus:

Btw. what's up with the ''smithnie'' emote? It's brocken.
This is his job.

He has this cringy style of working on his channel since Bleach days.
Well, he has what? 200k+ subs on YT? So it works then, good for him, but that's nothing i can watch. People have different tastes i guess.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
People have different tastes i guess.
Yeah. Even that I watch him there are some videos that are too much even for me xD.

No one:
Absolutely no one:
Tekking101: How each Straw Hat could defeat Kaido or The Fake Straw Hats crew Discussion c'mon:pepeke::pepeke::pepeke::pepeke:

Trying to justify transgenderism, Yikes. Keep those assumptions to yourself. You don't know Yamato any more than I do, But your taking everything as a negative to spin some dumb reasoning. Yamato saw Oden's manly spirit and wanted to emulate it. That's what we know.
Yamato isn't simply inspired by Oden and trying to emulate him like many other characters have been inspired before; he has stolen his character to the point of thinking of Momonosuke as his son by default. That sounds far from normal, like if Luffy stole Shank's persona because he was inspired by him.

Yes, I justify transgenderism. But it's not like this is the point of the "debate" nor that I believe that Yamato himself is trans per se, so it is pretty much irrelevant here. You were the first one here to bring it up and treat it as a mental disorder, not me.

I won't keep my assumptions to myself because this is a public forum and I will discuss whatever I want. And you don't get to say what is a dumb reasoning or isn't, by the way.

Tekking101: How each Straw Hat could defeat Kaido or The Fake Straw Hats crew Discussion c'mon:pepeke::pepeke::pepeke::pepeke:
The fuck?...
Have you ever watched KOL's power scaling or theory videos?

If you did you should know what is cringe on the next level:suresure:
His power scaling is trash, but his reactions are funny af.
He even put Aokiji above Akainu, because he can freeze water and not drown, while Aokiji lost to Akainu in Manga lol.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
he has stolen his character to the point of thinking of Momonosuke as his son by default.
Agree with this 100%.

This is not the same type of inspiration like Zoro, Sanji or Luffy have.

I hope this Oden bullshit will end by the end of this arc because it's too much.

Latest chapter where she said that naturally Momo would be her sone cringe the fuck out of me.
Post automatically merged:

He even put Aokiji above Akainu, because he can freeze water and not drown, while Aokiji lost to Akainu in Manga lol.
Jack > Aokiji > Akainu confirmed because he can breathe underwater besides being a DF user?
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Yeah KOL is a funny dude.

Yamato isn't simply inspired by Oden and trying to emulate him like many other characters have been inspired before; he has stolen his character to the point of thinking of Momonosuke as his son by default. That sounds far from normal, like if Luffy stole Shank's persona because he was inspired by him.
Like I said, it's actually really creepy.

I'm sure Oda thinks it's a really funny gag, but if you think about it, it's just somewhat fucked up.

Imho this Yamato character/situation is on the verge of developing into a desaster, especially in the Western fanbase.

Not only is Oda's gag not perceived as one here, it has actually started an actual trans-debate for whatever reason (like I already said).

This is when shit gets real, because the extremists of the trans-community (not the cool majority of the trans-community, mind you) are the biggest idiots and hypocrits you can find on this planet. Once they enter a discussion, it's game over, since you just can't discuss with those radical meatheads.

Agree with this 100%.

This is not the same type of inspiration like Zoro, Sanji or Luffy have.

I hope this Oden bullshit will end by the end of this arc because it's too much.

Latest chapter where she said that naturally Momo would be her sone cringe the fuck out of me.
His character arc will probably consist on leaving Oden's identity behind and building her own personality and perception of the self, which I assume are very fragile because of the childhood suffered and the lack of proper models when growing up.
Post automatically merged:

Like I said, it's actually really creepy.

I'm sure Oda thinks it's a really funny gag, but if you think about it, it's just somewhat fucked up.

Imho this Yamato character/situation is on the verge of developing into a desaster, especially in the Western fanbase.

Not only is Oda's gag not perceived as one here, it has actually started an actual trans-debate for whatever reason (like I already said).

This is when shit gets real, because the extremists of the trans-community (not the cool majority of the trans-community, mind you) are the biggest idiots and hypocrits you can find on this planet. Once they enter a discussion, it's game over, since you just can't discuss with those radical meatheads.
In fact I've been waiting for Yamato to make something actually crazy towards Momonosuke, the Scabbards or whoever, because I just can't see it as a gag no matter how theoretically funny this should be. From day one, the vibes coming from him have been quite weird.

I find the trans debate to be legitimate with Kiku, who is way more clearly depicted as such, but in Yamato I can't help but seeing a person with important problems on the development of their self and I'd expect her to see herself as a woman from the moment she leaves the Oden impersonation behind. But I don't think this changes the fact that, so far, every character has referred to him as a man, so I will stick to that for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.