Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, that's not the issue.... Judge does NOT represent Germa or the Vinsmoke history.... Vinsmoke Family existed in the PAST... they ruled the north blue before.... Just because your father is a jackass and abandoned you, doesn't mean you reject ALL OF YOUR BLOODLINE of being a Vinsmoke.... meaning, you are rejecting even your grandfather and great grandfather and all of your anscestors (when the man at fault was mainly just your father) for having a messed up head!

I'll give you an example, let's say you serve your country, but for whatever reason, your country is now ruled by someone you despise... So... do you completely deny your nationality now? or do you ACCEPT your origins, but stand against the ideals of that ruler? and fight the system itself?

your family is XXXX, and you don't like your father who is the head of that family... you can STILL despise that father, but STILL embrace the family name and be proud of your origins

Just because you despise one person from that family, doesn't mean you have to deny ALL of it....

It's like for example, I hate someone from specific nationality OR a family just for personal history, it doesn't mean I have to hate ALL the other family members

That's what I mean by "Sanji needs to embrace his origins" and accept who he is as a Vinsmoke... BUT can still despise his father... Cause his Father is NOT representing all of Germa/Vinsmoke history.... and that's where Sanji is failing imo.... Look at what Judge is saying here about Germa's past.

There is CLEARLY some big deep history of Germa regarding the "66 days of hope" which we have yet to uncover.... And it sure as hell, Judge here is talking about the ancestors... the FOUNDERS of this kingdom/family... Judge may have gone the bad route in regaining the Germa glory... but it doesn't mean the anscestor were as low as Judge...

Hope my point is clear... Sanji can aknowledge his origins and be proud of being a Vinsmoke while still despising his father cause his father doesn't represent all of Vinsmoke Family history
Sanji's true father figure is Zeff, Baratie is his family and "country" now and thats the "family legacy" he should feel proud of, soo it only makes sense for him to not want anything to do with his real father, i would be disapointed in him if he becomes "proud of his lineage" now. He left that country and that family, he has no connections to it anymore and thats how i feel it should remain.
:sanjimeh:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Again, that's not the issue.... Judge does NOT represent Germa or the Vinsmoke history.... Vinsmoke Family existed in the PAST... they ruled the north blue before.... Just because your father is a jackass and abandoned you, doesn't mean you reject ALL OF YOUR BLOODLINE of being a Vinsmoke.... meaning, you are rejecting even your grandfather and great grandfather and all of your anscestors (when the man at fault was mainly just your father) for having a messed up head!

I'll give you an example, let's say you serve your country, but for whatever reason, your country is now ruled by someone you despise... So... do you completely deny your nationality now? or do you ACCEPT your origins, but stand against the ideals of that ruler? and fight the system itself?

your family is XXXX, and you don't like your father who is the head of that family... you can STILL despise that father, but STILL embrace the family name and be proud of your origins

Just because you despise one person from that family, doesn't mean you have to deny ALL of it....

It's like for example, I hate someone from specific nationality OR a family just for personal history, it doesn't mean I have to hate ALL the other family members

That's what I mean by "Sanji needs to embrace his origins" and accept who he is as a Vinsmoke... BUT can still despise his father... Cause his Father is NOT representing all of Germa/Vinsmoke history.... and that's where Sanji is failing imo.... Look at what Judge is saying here about Germa's past.

There is CLEARLY some big deep history of Germa regarding the "66 days of hope" which we have yet to uncover.... And it sure as hell, Judge here is talking about the ancestors... the FOUNDERS of this kingdom/family... Judge may have gone the bad route in regaining the Germa glory... but it doesn't mean the anscestor were as low as Judge...

Hope my point is clear... Sanji can aknowledge his origins and be proud of being a Vinsmoke while still despising his father cause his father doesn't represent all of Vinsmoke Family history
AGREED SO HARD.
I think the only reason Sanji will accept "VINSMOKE" name is when he realize 2 of best woman in his childhood helping him back then.
Sanji only hate "vinsmoke" name because of Judge, Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji.
But you still have "Sora and Reiju" for Sanji to accepted a "Vinsmoke" name.
And im believe, Sora want Sanji to accept if he is a "VINSMOKE".

And like in this panel, its pretty clear its a foreshadowing.

So, the moment Sanji will accepted if he is a vinsmoke, we might see another powerups for him which is an awakened skeleton but the emotions is still remains.

The Panel switch to a Number when some fodder said we got a 'beast' on our side

Maybe these numbers ain't that weak
Never was

They did say most of them where strong pirate captains that managed to get to the new world, but had their dreams crushed and joined Kaido

I think he said it in a sense of "we got beats on our side" tho

Sanji's true father figure is Zeff, Baratie is his family and "country" now and thats the "family legacy" he should feel proud of, soo it only makes sense for him to not want anything to do with his real father, i would be disapointed in him if he becomes "proud of his lineage" now. He left that country and that family, he has no connections to it anymore and thats how i feel it should remain.
:sanjimeh:
Did you actually take the time to read my post? LOL

Sanji can still despises his father, and reject him... while STILL acknowledging his Vinsmoke lineage... Judge does not represent ALL THE YEARS of the history of Vinsmoke Family... Vinsmoke existed BEFORE Judge... and judge is just a tiny dot in the Vinsmoke history... proven by the fact "stealth black" and RS abilities existed ever since Law was a kid... Sanji can be proud of his lineage, proud of his anscestors... but can still reject his father...

you really act like some American for example who despises Trump, so he decides to say "I'm not American anymore"... what's right is you aknowledge yourself/origin while still stand against the ideals of the someone you hate... And I'm not saying Trump is good or bad, I don't care about American politics cause I'm not US... but this is just an example... to clarify

Did you actually take the time to read my post? LOL

Sanji can still despises his father, and reject him... while STILL acknowledging his Vinsmoke lineage... Judge does not represent ALL THE YEARS of the history of Vinsmoke Family... Vinsmoke existed BEFORE Judge... and judge is just a tiny dot in the Vinsmoke history... proven by the fact "stealth black" and RS abilities existed ever since Law was a kid... Sanji can be proud of his lineage, proud of his anscestors... but can still reject his father...

you really act like some American for example who despises Trump, so he decides to say "I'm not American anymore"... what's right is you aknowledge yourself/origin while still stand against the ideals of the someone you hate... And I'm not saying Trump is good or bad, I don't care about American politics cause I'm not US... but this is just an example... to clarify
Yes i did
"while STILL acknowledging his Vinsmoke lineage "

Why would he? why does he have to like a shitty country that did nothing good for him just because he was born there? The Baratie is his family now.

AGREED SO HARD.
I think the only reason Sanji will accept "VINSMOKE" name is when he realize 2 of best woman in his childhood helping him back then.
Sanji only hate "vinsmoke" name because of Judge, Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji.
But you still have "Sora and Reiju" for Sanji to accepted a "Vinsmoke" name.
And im believe, Sora want Sanji to accept if he is a "VINSMOKE".

And like in this panel, its pretty clear its a foreshadowing.

So, the moment Sanji will accepted if he is a vinsmoke, we might see another powerups for him which is an awakened skeleton but the emotions is still remains.
And even "Ichiji/Neji/Yonji" are all just the product of Judge's doings... he was the one stripping them from emotions... things could have turned differently and Sora's medicine only affected Yonji for example and maintain his humanity while Sanji became the ruthless emotionless person... So, it really is JUST ONE PERSON... how can you deny all of your lineage just for one stupid person!

Yes i did
"while STILL acknowledging his Vinsmoke lineage "

Why would he? why does he have to like a shitty country that did nothing good for him just because he was born there? The Baratie is his family now.
Well, if that's how you think it should be... I think you also need to get character development in your future alongside Sanji then LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.