Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where you are coming from to a certain extent but neither Sora or Reiju were leaders of the organization and it is a patrilineal organization so I don't view them as "true" Vinsmokes either.

Also say if Sora was a celesital dragon ancestor would Sanji have to be proud of that and acknowledge that too, even if say the celestial dragons are ultimatelty responsible for 90% of the misery in One Piece?
Well, you can be against their ideals, but you still should acknowledge your origins

Very true lol- Sanji is worth 1000 men guys it'll help in the war I promise, forget that Big Mom is worth 5000 and brought several 1000 enemies lol.:sanmoji:
That's what blows my mind, Luffy's character is all over the place in some instances he can be one of the wisest characters in the series then minutes later he's stupid monkey who can't remember names, after that he's irresponsible kid and later he's wise again. Like can't Oda keep Luffy's character consistent at least for one arc? How inconsistent Oda can be, this is ridiculous. The man is the God king of inconsistency when it comes to size, personality, power level and anything in between.

Well, you can be against their ideals, but you still should acknowledge your origins
At some point in time every ancestor decided to forge their own name and path, otherwise we'd all have the same name coming from a common ancestor, considering the Germa have never helped Sanji in his life (aside from raid suit lol) and actively screwed him over many times I see no problem with Sanji trying to make a name for himself rather than rely on Vinsmoke shock value.

Lol I can’t say I’m surprised that the spoilers were once again taken out of context by rabid fanboys:

Spoilers: “Sanji vs King”

Chapter: “Sanji gets manhandled by King so badly that he thinks he’s going to die via a hole in his stomach.”

Fanboys ruin fanbases.

Anyways, Luffy wanting to save the scabbards was great. Nami was excellent, stealing Zeus again and telling him to choose between her or Big Mom, and then her reaction was excellent as well (“we’re over”, just lol). Franky and Brook had a great entrance.

Jinbe didn’t have anything, unfortunately, but with King sticking his beak into Sanji’s chest and pushing him to next century, it looks like Jinbe will be taking on Queen, which I’m super hype for and called (hopefully it happens). Sanji is *obviously* not taking on King, he’s not even close to strong enough, but he’s getting pushed to where Zoro and Killer were. So it’ll probably end up being Zoro/Killer (maybe with Bepo eventually) vs King, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Page One is on the other side of that building too, if he and Ulti split up. Luffy will probably clash with Big Mom, but end up taking her up a level so he can save the scabbards by fighting Kaido and Big Mom at the same time, which would leave everyone else free to pursue their matchups.

Solid chapter. Shame about the break, but the next one should be good. Happy we’re getting to the climax of Wano.

Lol I can’t say I’m surprised that the spoilers were once again taken out of context by rabid fanboys:

Spoilers: “Sanji vs King”

Chapter: “Sanji gets manhandled by King so badly that he thinks he’s going to die via a hole in his stomach.”

Fanboys ruin fanbases.
That isn't really an unbiased take on the chapter either, plenty of counter points to your narative:
1.Sanji achieves goal of saving Momo
2. King fails to recapture Momo
3. Sanji casually cheers on Momo while fighting King
4. Sanji says oi oi oi in a non serious manner
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

So it’ll probably end up being Zoro/Killer (maybe with Bepo eventually) vs King
Lol at Zoro needing to 3v1 a calamity.

By EOS Zoro will at least be stronger than Shanks (this has literally been confirmed in a data book)

Shanks could probably kill King with a pinky flick.

Do you really think EOS Zoro will be able to kill someone 3x as strong as his current self with a pinky flick ?

How on earth do you see Zoro jumping up 10 tiers in a couple of arcs ? ROSAT training ? Super Saiyan ? Eating a devil fruit ?

Where people are getting this from I don't understand?
Just because Zolo sliced a house there that means he's still there?
How does that work??? Ulti destroyed the stairs where she met Luffy, why isn't she still there then?

Don't you remember his last location was inside the castle (back of the onigashima)?
Plus the building Zoro destroyed was cut completely in half.

The building where Sanji and King landed still has its top.

Probably nobody cares but the name of the newly revealed member of Numbers is Nanki (kinda blurry tbh)
I 100% care about this. Was happy when Oda finally named Hotei, who is pretty much the Samurai equivalent to Fukurokuju at this point.

So we got Nanki and Hatcha so far.

I find it interesting that Jack only took one Number up to the roof of the dome. Makes me wonder how strong they actually are or if they have powers.

Nanki also doesn't match any of the Number sillhouettes we have so far, same with Hatcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.