ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro vs Sanji going strong?
I don't see ZvS but,
I think people are mostly fight over whether sanji was knocked down or just walked out right away(both cases are valid and it doesn't really matter)
Whether Jinbe is before sanji or not.... For me its jinbe since this is a classic V shot not sure why to assume sanji is is out of perspective. Moreover art can have inconsitency. But given the shot its pretty safe to assume Jinbe and Zoro are standing closer to luffy than everyone else. Probably getting insecure that Jinbe is taking the place...but people should realise most shots/covers involve Zoro, luffy and nami as being highlighted(since oda considers them as the main characters) but nami is pretty much in the background(which I don't remember if ever happened).

Last edited:
I feel really diisapointing by this chapter, yes it's much better than O-Lin comeback(if that was it, I would surely drop this shit), and I'm not even talking about downplaying Yonko. No, No, to be clear I'm talking about how Oda actually trying to said that "nothing happened" and making readers like a fools. Now my main problem is thing that Franky said and Robin with Jinbey did. Oda pretend that SH Robin and Franky was already that strong which is obviosly NOT TRUE. Now I remember how Franky was dealing with scrub named as Mr.Pink and Robin couldn't defeat Diamante, case she litteraly was able only defend herself and Rebeca. And now Oda give em vibes that they was already on YC lvl at the very minimum. This is obviosly trash even worsther than Faity Tail Power of Friendship. But in Fairy Tail author never tried to use weak members of guild against main villains of arc, that because every one get theyre development. Yes that was trash development but it was there at the very least. Now Oda is using characters who wasn't showed for 400 chapters and pretend that they was already that strong. This is what you easily call Shitty writing. And problem is that Oda will take SH from this part even farther, he will trash logic and anything for plot sake and things that was earlier like impossible now will became possible.
And ofcourse people will say that for plot sake is more than enough reason to to this stuff. But common we are reading not a History of the world, but we reading story, and story has to be interesting. How you call story interesting when you even don't feel anything for characters, case MC became immortal and anything is possible for them.
So this is TRASH CHAPTER for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.