ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
How do you know it was less effort lol, King trolled my **** sanji on panel.
Nah, it wasn’t trolling, King very much was trying to blow a hole clean through Sanji but failed. Which is fine, he didn’t have his sword and such.

Kata used fs and his fruit to stop ichiji meanwhile king using just his beak
King also failed at what he was attempting, which was to straight up murder Sanji while so far as we can tell, Katakuri didn’t fail against Ichiji and accomplished exactly what he wanted to.

Now sure, you guys will say “how do you know The Dawg didn’t fail as well” but I’m not interested in that discussion lol.

Katakuri very much doesn’t seem to be earnest about killing someone until he busts out Mogura. That’s when he starts talking about beheading you, slicing your limbs off, gouging your eyes out, etc. whereas King explicitly did state he was trying to murder sanji iirc.

Good chapter overall. Seems the Zoro fighting Kaido crowd were right. Allow me to apologise to that lot for doubting them. Loved the last panel with all the crew together, I just wish Oda would stop clowning BM, let her shine Oda! :fullmom:
Of course of course

Doubting was legit as long as it wasn't reiterated by Zoro haters :D

At the end of the day it was cristalline enough how the Oden/Enma parallel was too blatant for this not to be a Zoro arc

Theory: Zoro will beat King and learn soru and geppo from Sanji during the fight.

Sanji will beat Queen and learn Advanced COA or at least hardening from Zoro during the fight.

Then all the Straw Hats (Minus Luffy) will team up against Big Mom and Zoro will land the finishing blow.

Last edited:

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Of course of course

Doubting was legit as long as it wasn't reiterated by Zoro haters :D

At the end of the day it was cristalline enough how the Oden/Enma parallel was too blatant for this not to be a Zoro arc
Don't worry, I'm not a zoro hater or a sanji hater, I like both of them. I just doubted that zoro would fight Kaido but this chapter proved me wrong, no shame in admitting when I am wrong.

@Admiral Lee Hung @ShishioIsBack @comrade @playa4321 @HA001

You guys' thoughts about this particular moment? It seems like Sanji was temporarily koed for real and despite his RS saving his life, he seems pretty beaten up.

King just used his beak, no fire techniques, no hybrid form attack and no sword and he still wrecked Sanji like that. Imo it's a very impressive feat which is definitely comparable to Katakuri knocking Ichiji out.
Wtf is up with this dumb idea that Sanji got knocked out. Yall cant even accept that Pageone was out for a second...but even though Sanji fought King.....he had to be have been knocked out. Where is the proof ? Becausr Oda had incosnsitent time intervals ? This forum doesnt suprise me at all.

- look at this shit. Between the end of last chapter and the first half of this one, four of Luffy's officers are looking fresh. But people instead want to shit on Big Mom, bitch about Zoro Sanji pos or neg, and complain about how only the monster trio gets to be interesting.

- Franky Shogun doesn't necessarily make him A tier, but he is perfect against enemies that spam quantity and chemicals. As a huge MMX fan, seeing this guy in a helmet shooting lasers and riding armor makes my day

- unfortunately, us English speakers lose the "niko" sfx when Robin smiles. That's a cool detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.