ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989: SOMEHOW, I DONT FEEL LIKE WERE LOSING

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This raid largely fails to excite or impress me so far with the lack of tension and of a real sense of danger, the PIS whose best example is the horrific treatment of BM, and of course Yamato's character and her creepy and cringeworthy Oden obsession.
I think it's intentional from Oda's part so the shock of what's going to happen in the future will be immense. It's very likely that he's planning for a great defeat or something of equal measure going foreward.

@Admiral Lee Hung @ShishioIsBack @comrade @playa4321 @HA001

You guys' thoughts about this particular moment? It seems like Sanji was temporarily koed for real and despite his RS saving his life, he seems pretty beaten up.

King just used his beak, no fire techniques, no hybrid form attack and no sword and he still wrecked Sanji like that. Imo it's a very impressive feat which is definitely comparable to Katakuri knocking Ichiji out.

I mean ... I really love the fact ALL OF STRAW HATS are doing something in the war ....

but to me " I don't feel like were losing" can be a proof that there are some dark shit are about to happen to alliance really soon ....

Oda style is not that unexpected
The raid is going to fail and the dramatic thing gonna happen soon, it will be the worst even though the Big mom think dehype me little I still can´t wait for the big show soon.
Kaido fighting off the Scabbard together with Jack above well under the place his crew fight off the alliance.
Kaido crew seems underwhelming and im sure Oda gonna change it soon, at least I hope it.

The first stages where put up, now only the other supernova need to join and also the flyers need to play a role, I don´t know when Orochi and Kanjuro making a move but it will happen too. And Yamato has a big threat soon, im sure WsW gonna get his triumph and probably even defeat her or at least catch her up.

Sanji clashed to protect momo, he didn't try to kick King in a weakpoint to try to kill him.
King is a speedy Yonko Commander, CoO or not 1 moment will make a difference, yes Sanji distracted himself and it's his own fault from a combat perspective- his priority was Momo, but that still means it is a cheap shot.
Their transformations are incredibly fast: see Queen outpacing a base rocket with his neck (encumbered by Zoro but still fast).

Just take your loss, you bet Sanji would be as damaged as he was versus Doflamingo (slashed, bleeding and requiring saving) and he isn't and he didn't need to be saved by Zoro and Marco as you predicted. He is as damaged as Luffy and Zoro are currently, minor scuffs/bruising no bandages required.
Sanji tried to kick King after he catched to him while invisible cheap shot if he attacked from the side or something not like when u are fighting someone and u are under his control so Mihawk distracted himself against Vista if he injured mihawk that means he cheap shotted him lol

@Admiral Lee Hung @ShishioIsBack @comrade @playa4321 @HA001

You guys' thoughts about this particular moment? It seems like Sanji was temporarily koed for real and despite his RS saving his life, he seems pretty beaten up.

King just used his beak, no fire techniques, no hybrid form attack and no sword and he still wrecked Sanji like that. Imo it's a very impressive feat which is definitely comparable to Katakuri knocking Ichiji out.
Yeah i think it too, since the attack many minutes left and King even assumble his squad to protect the sky, Sanji was probably knocked out in same way as Ulti was against Yamato. Without the raidsuit he probably get very bad hurt, good feat for King though.

king for me suits zoro far more
Zoro needs Luffy's help to fly up to Kaido lol, he needed Usopps mobility help against the dragon in punk hazard, and needed to be thrown against Pica.
How is he going to engage King in aerial combat.

Queen has two swords, and teeth to match Zoro's third sword.
He is very fast within his range as can be seen from this chapter, able to block both Luffy and Zoro easily, just as Zoro is very fast within his range.

Status
Not open for further replies.