Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no strawman. Never said anything about my desires needing to get all fullfilled.
I expected at least the first 5-6 pages to be focused on the crew making the way for Luffy by moving ahead and fighting. Or if I believe the spoilers they don't even make an appearance and Luffy Is already seperated from them. Maybe I'm a overeacting fool and the provider is hiding stuff but if not, then this Is awful.
It's like I'm living in bizarro world.
This was part of the last chapter spread:

Yeah somehow it's totally my fault for having problem with the idea of them being abrutly off screened the next one without any proper transition.:kriwhat:
It was you who wasn't addressing my points in your posts about perspectives or the problems that you had with this chapter so don't point fingers at me for strawmanning.
Is it a problem to "expect" major hype for the strawhats in the next chapter? No.
Is it a problem to ascertain yourself for it "absolutely" happening otherwise you'd go to extremes to call it "trash" or a "mess". Fuck yes and if that's the case then suit yourself and don't accuse me of knowing what is subjective or not when you're being the epitome of just that.
Anyways, Wano is not bereft of criticism and my points only pertain to the unwarranted vitriol of this chapter which was prevalent for the majority of this thread

J

Jo_Ndule

What ?

Jinbe admitted in front of Akainu that he's not fighting him, but sacrificing his life, so Jinbe thinks that him taking Akainu on results in the loss of his own life and that he can only hope to win seconds by dying.

The very same Jinbe told BM after she declared that she'll kill him in the last chapter: " i welcome the attempt"

Do u realise what big of a difference this is ?
Jinbe sees Akainu as a bigger threat than Big mom, that's undeniable with those scenes.
Why would be risk fighting Akainu when Luffy was unconscious

Are u okay?

Jinbei considers Kata bigger than Linlin
Jinbei has failed to do anything to Kata

Does it mean kata>Linlin?

Akainu still got blocked like a baby, couldn't overpower Jinbei guard

Chapter sounds like a real snoozefest, only interesting thing Is silhouetted.:zosleepy:
Wake me up when Zoro kills Queen/Who's who and also Drake trapped in the crossfire.

It was you who wasn't addressing my points in your posts about perspectives or the problems that you had with this chapter so don't point fingers at me for strawmanning.
Is it a problem to "expect" major hype for the strawhats in the next chapter? No.
Is it a problem to ascertain yourself for it "absolutely" happening otherwise you'd go to extremes to call it "trash" or a "mess". Fuck yes and if that's the case then suit yourself and don't accuse me of knowing what is subjective or not when you're being the epitome of just that.
Anyways, Wano is not bereft of criticism and my points only pertain to the unwarranted vitriol of this chapter which was prevalent for the majority of this thread

You know what the problem is? Its the fact that people expect to be massively rewarded for their patience every week instead of taking in the story in its full scope.

People need to actually start leveling expectations on a week to week basis. It doesn't make sense to get annoyed or pissy because you think you were promised something from the week before. Oda is writing this arc with everything in mind. Clearly he prioritized getting Drake on Luffy's side this week. In 2 weeks he could prioritize something else like Law or Kid. The week after that might be fully focused on delivering some Strawhat feats. The one after that might be something else.

Like thats how you have to think about it. You have to go "OK, Drake exists. He hasn't shown up in 10 chapters. Its good that Oda is addressing this now instead of during the major battles. He's factoring him in on the good side now." Its OK to be disappointed, but to look at it from an objective POV, there is is nothing wrong with Luffy/Zoro going forward and encountering Drake after he had some scenes.

This chapter alone:

- Freed Sasaki
- Showed that Jack is fighting Inu/Neko officially.
- King ordering the halt of the Yamato hunt and letting Kaido know about Yamato
- Confirmed Law was freed by Drake
- Confirmed both WW and Queen wanted to kill Drake
- Put Drake on Luffy's side.

Like this ACTUALLY is achieving shit. Last week did too. So did the chapter before and before that. None of this is useless. All of it is serving the plot that has been already set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.