Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh its definitely not the same. Enies Lobby had a, imo, way more emotional ending overall. Everyone , save for Robin/Usopp, got fights. It still payed off well even with its pacing complaints.

The problem is in retrospect, much of DR's payoff still hasn't truly happened yet. We dont know much of what the SHF's significance is going to be (only a teased major incident). We still don't know how Laws story will end. And really in the end, it combined a lot of ideas that I think hurt it.

See, I have my problems with this manga too. There are things I absolutely dislike. I dislike Chopper's character post timeskip. I dislike the fact that Robin/Nami get shafted in fights every time. I dislike that virtually no one has gotten serious battles aside from Luffy since the timeskip.

BUT I personally wait until an arc ends in order to see how I feel about it. Its why don't have views about an individual chapter being "trash", because in the end I need to see how the entire arc pays off. Also, tbh, I like the Supernova, so any info on them or the Flying Six or the Numbers is going to be an interesting chapter to me.
I understand but imo a weekly series should be able to entertain me weekly without having to wait for 2 years to see if X chapter/focus was worth it. Current One Piece is way too interconnected for the type of series it is supposed to be and I'm less and less confident on Oda's ability to deliver all the things he set up over years.

That's shitty writing. If Luffy wants to overcome Shanks (before the war against BB), then in wano the weakest strawhatz will be at least veteran level. Oda is heading for a writing where mugiwaras can compete with a yonkou crew
They are nowhere near Veteran level. Luffy will never need Gear 4 to beat Usopp, like he did with Ulti.

Lol. Luffy fought Blueno while everyone else got fodder battles on top of the Yagara. It constantly switched back and forth between that, Franky Family and Galley La.

Holy hell guys. I was around for that shit back in 2005. People HATED the beginning and middle of Enies Lobby and called it Skypiea 2.0 when it came out weekly.

This is NOT new. You are all just new a generation of fans who are just hating on the same exact problems Oda went through 15 years ago.
The period leading up to the fights is chapters 375-400, in those 26 chapters, We had Luffy vs Bleuno, a fight that last for about 7 chapters (382-388) Robins Flashback that lasted 9 chapters (391-399), It was really 11 chapters of luffy and galley law fighting fodder. Even in those 11 chapters Oda provided a lot of info dumps in those chapters. The content before the fights start in Enies lobby is quality honestly. Odens flashback ended in 973 were 17 chapters out of Odens flashback. And nothing has happened even close to things that were happening before the fights started in Enies Lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.