Spoiler One Piece Chapter 990 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally most of this was accomplished due to severe offpanelling. Nothing impressive about it at all.
"Severe offpaneling"

Elaborate. Name the instances aside from Kiku vs. Kanjuro. What were we specifically promised/shown that was off paneled?

You know @Seth should be disagreeing with you here because he wants the final battles already but I'm sure he'll love your comment for zero reason.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
No, Skypeia was worse. And enies lobby, had just as much stalling. Do you actually think this is anew thing with oda?
How was skypiea much worse? It was literally an arc heavy with lore and adventure. We're in Yonko territory rn with the intention of war, completely different scenarios. Apart from the big sanke what counted as stalling?

Big mom screaming wedding cake for 20+ chapters is what you call stalling.

Fighting gifters 24 /7 is what you call stalling. Getting caught off guard and having Otama captured by said gifters while having 3 high tiers just chilling is called stalling.

Sub plots that really amount to nothing but filler is stalling.

Skypeia is a far, far cry from that.

An ennis lobby? Care to elaborate?

Also could you try and argue the other points as well? Is there any sense of urgency in either WCI or Wano? Does WCI or Wano make you feel remotely any sense of danger and did you or do you believe there will be any consequences for the strawhats?

Do you also belive both arcs villians are in the slightest bit competent?

Let say Franky awake his haki during the battle and show kinda other power up against the weakest Flyer, probably it could happen.

The others probably don´t have a single change, if we speak about WsW,Sasaki and xDrake you could send Usopp.Nami,Robin,Chopper,Brook and Carrot and I would still not think they would be able to defeat them.
Perospero neg diff Brook,Chopper and Pedro and I place him around that lvl.
I don't think Franky will ever use Haki in the future. I see him as a pure cyborg, weaponry type of fighter.

With the Shogun and whatever weapons he may be hiding under he sleeve, I could see him take down a flyer in a high to extreme diff fight.

The others I agree with you. Bare Nami and Chopper they simply lack the AP to deal with the overwhelming physical stats of a flyer, not counting their other skills.

Call it a novel all you want. Atleast HxH is more action packed than OP will ever be. No shitty offpanelled 1 page clashes.
Fighting hasn't even started yet bro. 1 page clashes (the what, 2 you are referring to through Kiku v. Kanjuro and Sanji vs. P1) happen because Oda doesnt have time to waste chapters on battles that lead to virtually nothing. P1 is fine, King is fine, Kanjuro probably isn't dead/has a bigger role to play.

What else is there? Explain to me.

I don't think Franky will ever use Haki in the future. I see him as a pure cyborg, weaponry type of fighter.

With the Shogun and whatever weapons he may be hiding under he sleeve, I could see him take down a flyer in a high to extreme diff fight.

The others I agree with you. Bare Nami and Chopper they simply lack the AP to deal with the overwhelming physical stats of a flyer, not counting their other skills.
If only Usopp started using seastone bullets ...:josad:

Really? Nothing even close? Let's name every moderately important thing that has happened since 974, which is the last 17 chapters:

- Kanjuro was the traitor, hid his actual powers
- Momo was taken
- Luffy, Law and Kid arrived
- We found out everyone managed to avoid Orochi's schemes because Kinemon is an idiot
- Denjiro joined the good side
- Jinbe arrived and joined the crew
- They infiltrated Onigashima
- The Flying 6 were introduced
- We find our WW and Queen want to kill someone
- We find out there is a battle/merit structure to Kaidos crew
- Apoo was reintroduced and fought with Kid, Luffy and Zoro
- Sasaki captured
- Marco, Neko and Izo joined the alliance
- Pero manages to escape Marco's attack
- Law gets all the scabbards on the island
- Yamato was introduced
- We find out Yamato knew Ace, wants to join Luffys crew
- Luffy fought 2 of the flying 6
- Big Mom is reintroduced into the stage platform
- We learned about the New Onigashima Project
- Orochi is killed potentially
- Kanjuro was killed potentially
- Pero and Marco are allying with each other allegedy
- the Scabbards attack Kaido
- The minks transform
- Sanji saves Momo and clashes with King
- 5 of 9 Numbers have been shown
- The Strawhats reuinte
- Big Mom is moved out of the way so they can push forward

- Now we know Drake is the target of both WW and Queen
- Sasaki is freed
- Drake now an ally

Seriously. You are going to tell me Enies Lobby achieved more in the same number of chapters? I specifically remember it taking nearly 20 chapters for everyone to JUST get to the tower of Justice from the sea train, and the sea train was like 15 chapters itself.
Most of these thing, aside from Sanji vs King that was gold :steef: and a few others, is pretty much useless in the grand scheme of things.
No one is in front of his final enemy, no one is dead (Orochi is not) and no real enemy was defeated.
We haven't even seen the boss flashback

Robin flashback >>>> Oden flashback + this useless mess

How was skypiea much worse? It was literally an arc heavy with lore and adventure. We're in Yonko territory rn with the intention of war, completely different scenarios. Apart from the big sanke what counted as stalling?

Big mom screaming wedding cake for 20+ chapters is what you call stalling.

Fighting gifters 24 /7 is what you call stalling. Getting caught off guard and having Otama captured by said gifters while having 3 high tiers just chilling is called stalling.

Sub plots that really amount to nothing but filler is stalling.

Skypeia is a far, far cry from that.

An ennis lobby? Care to elaborate?

Also could you try and argue the other points as well? Is there any sense of urgency in either WCI or Wano? Does WCI or Wano make you feel remotely any sense of danger and do you believe there will be any consequences for the strawhats?

Do you also belive both arcs villians are in the slightest bit competent?
I start reading One piece 2007 so i can not comment how was weekly reading for arc like skypiea, alabasta even Enies lobby etc.
What i can tell you is that in one go its not that bad
Also community wasnt that bad back then so i dont know were this hate for Enies lobby and skypiea is coming from

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
"Severe offpaneling"

Elaborate. Name the instances aside from Kiku vs. Kanjuro. What were we specifically promised/shown that was off paneled?

You know @Seth should be disagreeing with you here because he wants the final battles already but I'm sure he'll love your comment for zero reason.
10000/10 goda.

Amazing chapter.

I couldn't wait for Drake more.

Best chapter of the year,

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
you literally replied to the most obvious joke post with a serious argument thus completely revealing you have negative IQ

am losing brain cells just by replying to you, I will stop before its too late
I would advise you to follow up on that action as you don't seen to possess many brian cells in the first place. Any more would truly be detrimental to your poorly maintained health.

I wish you all the best.
:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.