One Piece Chapter 991: "Please let us die"

How good was the chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, really. Learn how Zoro's combat and his power progression works and it will be clear. I explained it in my thread as well.
He didnt one-shot Doffy because Fujitora was in the way. Why would he one-shot Drake, an ally?
He did destroy Gifters in one swing, new ones showed up, Zoro literally said it. Did you miss that?

Wait wait! Hold up. Do you honestly believe Zoro could ONE SHOT Doflamingo! I’m sorry, I’ve been in the naruto fandom. I’ve seen some far reaches (moon busting and such). But that is patently absurd. Seriously how do you get that Zoro to Zoro being radically stronger then Luffy.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Wait wait! Hold up. Do you honestly believe Zoro could ONE SHOT Doflamingo! I’m sorry, I’ve been in the naruto fandom. I’ve seen some far reaches (moon busting and such). But that is patently absurd. Seriously how do you get that Zoro to Zoro being radically stronger then Luffy.
No, not just Doflamingo. Zoro can one shot anyone in the world IF he lands a clean slash. That is a fact.
Because he is far more effective combatant than Luffy who needs countless hits to take out anyone notable.
Zoro takes his opponents in one clean slash. Doflamingo had Fujitora protecting him from Zoro, it is all facts.
Also, if you are interested in reading why Zoro is already a top tier since TS ended, you can read it in my thread.
Why did he attack Drake, an ally? :seriously:
He clashed with his to test his intentions obviously.
After seeing that there is no ill will coming from Drake he lends him a hand in the end.
Just because he clashed with him, he was supposed to ohko him, because he is a top tier? What logic is that, lol?

No, not just Doflamingo. Zoro can one shot anyone in the world IF he lands a clean slash. That is a fact.
Because he is far more effective combatant than Luffy who needs countless hits to take out anyone notable.
Zoro takes his opponents in one clean slash. Doflamingo had Fujitora protecting him from Zoro, it is all facts.
Also, if you are interested in reading why Zoro is already a top tier since TS ended, you can read it in my thread.

After seeing that there is no ill will coming from Drake he lends him a hand in the end.
Just because he clashed with him, he was supposed to ohko him, because he is a top tier? What logic is that, lol?
I don't know if you've read the manga, but Fujitora's job is not to "protect" Doflamingo. It is not an Admiral's job to protect Shichibukai.

They are 2 independent branches of the World Government and operate on equal ground.

Fujitora's job is to capture Zoro/Straw Hats and Law. It has nothing to with protecting Doflamingo. He was sent to Dressrosa by Akainu not the World Government.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I don't know if you've read the manga, but Fujitora's job is not to "protect" Doflamingo. It is not an Admiral's job to protect Shichibukai. They are 2 independent branches of the World Government and operate on equal ground.

Fujitora's job is to capture Zoro/Straw Hats and Law. It has nothing to with protecting Doflamingo.
I dont know if you read the manga but that's exactly what Fujitora did - protected Doflamingo from Zoro.

A sneak attack is not a clash; if Drake didn't react he would've been cut. An assassination attempt isn't the best way to test someone's intentions is it?

You don't "casually" sneak attack someone lol
Where was Zoro trying "sneak attack" Drake? Did he use high speed to try to catch him by surprise, no. Do you attack them from his back, no. That attack used no more energy do he's been using so far.

Did Drake forget that he's in the middle of a war with enemies attacking? He should know that there's a chance the Straw Hats may not accept his help.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Lola and Chiffon finally coming to their senses and hugging Pound makes me forgive them for shunning him at first. I’ve said before that Capone Pez (who’s standing on his own feet for the first time on panel!!) is the only character in this series who doesn’t have daddy issues, but it looks like both women can now say the same...honestly, based on what they’ve gone through in previous arcs, they deserve this familial happiness every bit as much as the crying man himself.

Hey, did you guys know Luffy is the chosen savior of his world?? If not, don’t worry...Koby’s here to remind you, just like he has in, what, EVERY single one of his appearances as far back as the second chapter?? I like that he’s grown in strength and reputation alongside the main character, but at a certain point, we’re just gilding the lily to Hell and back :mihugh:

Hahahahaha, giving Jinbe the line about showing dignity when leaving a Yonko’s crew is just rich. Motherfucker, YOU gave Big Mom the chance to harm your body and/or spirit when you asked to leave her employ, then didn’t even escape her territory with your new crew!! This is why Jinbin will never be canon, all you anti-Frobiners out there...she needs a man of his word who smashes his enemies in the face with a rhino cycle, not someone who submits to them even while exiting :specialmeh:

All right, why am I a little hyped for Usopp/Nami vs Page One/Ulti?! Is it because if done properly, this should solidify the Weak Trio as comparable to top tiers?? Is it because the similarities in the way they interact with their corresponding ally and how their soon-to-be opponents do the same should provide us with some great comedic bits in the upcoming clash?? Or is it just the fact that this means we can expect the other SHP (except the captain and his top trio) to face the rest of the Flying Six? Robin vs Black Maria CONFIRMED :robinsweat:

Seeing Apoo reminisce about the Numbers destroying towns continues to make him so unlikable, and I’m still not sure if he’s headed for redemption or not, but I just don’t see him being relevant after this arc. Even Drake made a point of mentioning how he can’t stand the guy :kayneshrug:

Would have been SO much better to see Inu and Neko get their revenge against Jack, but their Sulong reveal was pretty badass! Nothing else in this chapter was half as awesome as that last spread, though...I’ve really grown found of the Scabbards, in particular the man who may have just had his defining moment as a character. It would go against all conventional logic, and like I said at the beginning of this post, it ain’t a party until Luffy shows up, but in this moment, I feel like Kin and company could really avenge Oden by themselves. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out next week :endthis:

Lola and Chiffon finally coming to their senses and hugging Pound makes me forgive them for shunning him at first. I’ve said before that Capone Pez (who’s standing on his own feet for the first time on panel!!) is the only character in this series who doesn’t have daddy issues, but it looks like both women can now say the same...honestly, based on what they’ve gone through in previous arcs, they deserve this familial happiness every bit as much as the crying man himself.

Hey, did you guys know Luffy is the chosen savior of his world?? If not, don’t worry...Koby’s here to remind you, just like he has in, what, EVERY single one of his appearances as far back as the second chapter?? I like that he’s grown in strength and reputation alongside the main character, but at a certain point, we’re just gilding the lily to Hell and back :mihugh:

Hahahahaha, giving Jinbe the line about showing dignity when leaving a Yonko’s crew is just rich. Motherfucker, YOU gave Big Mom the chance to harm your body and/or spirit when you asked to leave her employ, then didn’t even escape her territory with your new crew!! This is why Jinbin will never be canon, all you anti-Frobiners out there...she needs a man of his word who smashes his enemies in the face with a rhino cycle, not someone who submits to them even while exiting :specialmeh:

All right, why am I a little hyped for Usopp/Nami vs Page One/Ulti?! Is it because if done properly, this should solidify the Weak Trio as comparable to top tiers?? Is it because the similarities in the way they interact with their corresponding ally and how their soon-to-be opponents do the same should provide us with some great comedic bits in the upcoming clash?? Or is it just the fact that this means we can expect the other SHP (except the captain and his top trio) to face the rest of the Flying Six? Robin vs Black Maria CONFIRMED :robinsweat:

Seeing Apoo reminisce about the Numbers destroying towns continues to make him so unlikable, and I’m still not sure if he’s headed for redemption or not, but I just don’t see him being relevant after this arc. Even Drake made a point of mentioning how he can’t stand the guy :kayneshrug:

Would have been SO much better to see Inu and Neko get their revenge against Jack, but their Sulong reveal was pretty badass! Nothing else in this chapter was half as awesome as that last spread, though...I’ve really grown found of the Scabbards, in particular the man who may have just had his defining moment as a character. It would go against all conventional logic, and like I said at the beginning of this post, it ain’t a party until Luffy shows up, but in this moment, I feel like Kin and company could really avenge Oden by themselves. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out next week :endthis:
Pretty good read right here!

Hawkins and Apoo are failed Supernova who gave up on their dreams and became subservient to Kaido.

Hawkins needs to redeem himself by hitting Apoo with so much nails that he starts to look like Pinhead
They dont need to get redeem they could just realized they was wrong when they see luffy and the alliance beat kaido king and queen and just leave wano to they new futures

Robin needs a man who, full of honor, can stand up to Yonkou, not blindside them hiding in a vehicle, gtfo

Btw, who the hell did that avatar?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Robin needs a man who, full of honor, can stand up to Yonkou, not blindside them hiding in a vehicle, gtfo

Btw, who the hell did that avatar?

I hate to admit it, but I got the avatar from the Sunny subreddit...the One Piece section on Reddit is hot garbage, but I’ve found some great IASIP memes on that site 😼

Sorry guys, was singing the Grandmaster's praises on twitter. Now I am BACK!!!

LET'S GET STARTED SHALL WE...

Injured Nitoryu Grandmaster toyed with X:drakihi: a person who needed a YC tier tobi-roppo(WhosWho) and other YC(Queen) to team up to beat him. Who's who even said Drake would be too much for him.

Win'emon who weaker than Zoro and scared of Enma flying slash cut Kaido. Imagine what the Grandmaster could do.:josad:

I see why Oda stalling The Grandmaster, Wano war will be finished as soon as Kaido sees the Grandmaster's aura.

GRANDMASTER SOOO STRONK!!!!!!!

Grandmaster Hype!!!:beckmoji:

Status
Not open for further replies.