Who Can Save Wano (and us)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Kaido's hybrid form
It could be, but it would have to indicate he blitzed though one of the scabbards. They are facing one way and Izo turns around.

Its either that or an unknown force
Post automatically merged:

Regardless of what Izo is reacting to, it is something significant. Either someone's (Jack or Kaido) hybrid form, an unexpected character arriving on the dome, or an entirely new character (Ace, etc). Whatever it is, its something related to the villains at least.

Should be a good chapter based on that prospect alone, even if we don't find out what exactly it is.

I hope its someone new maybe that shadow who followed Jimbe and Robin
It could be, but it would have to indicate he blitzed though one of the scabbards. They are facing one way and Izo turns around.

Its either that or an unknown force
Post automatically merged:

Regardless of what Izo is reacting to, it is something significant. Either someone's (Jack or Kaido) hybrid form, an unexpected character arriving on the dome, or an entirely new character (Ace, etc). Whatever it is, its something related to the villains at least.

Should be a good chapter based on that prospect alone, even if we don't find out what exactly it is.

I doubt that Izo would be shocked by one of the scabbards being defeated, they all are ready to die fighting Kaido.

I bet that is someone arriving, pehaps BM with Marco defeated, but its more likely that is someone that we are not expecting, probabily from outside Wano, as Izo is the one scabbards that know more about the outside world. Just expected that is not that Weevil guy.

About the Izo panel.
1) He's looking back, while they are all probably facing Kaido in front of them.
2) It looks like he's actually distressed by a certain someone appearing behind them, so most likely that someone is not a friend of them.
3) If someone appears out of nowhere, then it can only be a character who can fly and who's not part of the action beneath them, except for gatekeeper King.
4) Why would Oda give that reaction shot to Izo in specific?

The 3rd and 4th point might speak for Marco, but the second against it being Marco (panel couldn't be any smaller tbh, geez).
4 options imo:
Marco appears, Big Mom appears, King went up or Jack regenerated. I'm not satisfied with any of those tho.
Shiki lol

I doubt that Izo would be shocked by one of the scabbards being defeated, they all are ready to die fighting Kaido.

I bet that is someone arriving, pehaps BM with Marco defeated, but its more likely that is someone that we are not expecting, probabily from outside Wano, as Izo is the one scabbards that know more about the outside world. Just expected that is not that Weevil guy.
Its why I've been saying the potential Ace finally. To have Izo react is unique because he'd be the only person familiar with the name "Ace".

If its not a Kaido transformation or something similar, here are my points for this argument:

- It being Blackbeard/Weevil doesn't work. For them to arrive, slip through all the chaos unnoticed, and be present for the Scabbards/Kaido makes no narrative sense.

- It "could" be Kanjuro, Orochi or some other villain (Jack, Queen, King), but I don't see how that would warrant Izo reacting the way he is. Unless it something like a hybrid Calamity. On that note, Queen and King are busy defending the dome opening, they shouldn't be there.

- Something ridiculous like former Rocks pirates are possible but Izo should not be familiar with them.

- It being BM would be way too quick considering last chapter. I doubt she'll be up there any time soon and the battle may shift to somewhere else anyway.

- It can't be a good character either considering Izo's reaction.

This is why I believe its either Kaido showing off unrestrained power OR its something Izo recognizes, like the name "Ace". Remember these people are prepared to die. I don't even see Izo reacting that surprised to Kaido. His former captain was Whitebeard, he SHOULDN'T at all be surprised by Kaido's strength.

About the Izo panel.
1) He's looking back, while they are all probably facing Kaido in front of them.
2) It looks like he's actually distressed by a certain someone appearing behind them, so most likely that someone is not a friend of them.
3) If someone appears out of nowhere, then it can only be a character who can fly and who's not part of the action beneath them, except for gatekeeper King.
4) Why would Oda give that reaction shot to Izo in specific?

The 3rd and 4th point might speak for Marco, but the second against it being Marco (panel couldn't be any smaller tbh, geez).
4 options imo:
Marco appears, Big Mom appears, King went up or Jack regenerated. I'm not satisfied with any of those tho.
Last time I'll mention it because at this point I'll throw myself off a cliff if its not lol but I think its the "Ace".

Izo recognizes the name and Ace being central to this arc could carry some weight emotionally, even if its not Luffy's brother. I don't see how Izo would react to Jack getting back up or Kaido transforming now. These people planned on dying at Onigashima.

Seriously, I could just imagine the way the panels are working in that spoiler pic:

- Oda zooms in on Izo after Kaido looks behind them and sees "Ace". He calls him out.

- Izo looks back seriously shocked: "Ace!?!?"

It almost works too well but I'm so deep in disappointing myself right now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.