Votes: 60 31.9%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No im not convincing you....you dont speak for everyone. Togashi's artstyle is far more unique....and at the very least his characters arent carbon copies of each other.

The rest of your comments prove my fucking point lmao. Cartoony? That's your excuse for when you see impressive artwork from Oda?

Outside of those piss poor initial examples Yamato has been massively differentiated from Nami, unless you are blind when you read this last chapter.

Like I said, art is subjective, but you can admit that Togashi has 100x more instances where he literally doesn't finish his drawings. This is undeniable and people have shown you the receipts. Oda has been consistent 100% since 1997.

This shits anything from Togashi

Post automatically merged:

This shots on anything from togashi
Though I agree that Oda is a better artist, this panel is not an indicator because Oda does not draw the backgrounds, he only draws the moving characters and objects. Drawing everything by himself would take too much time.
Togashi doesn't draw the backgrounds either, hell he barely even draws the characters sometimes.
:suresure:

A more fair comparison would be comparing the color spreads because the author draws the color spreads all by himself, even the backgrounds.

Though I agree that Oda is a better artist, this panel is not an indicator because Oda does not draw the backgrounds, he only draws the moving characters and objects. Drawing everything by himself would take too much time.
Togashi doesn't draw the backgrounds either, hell he barely even draws the characters sometimes.
:suresure:

A more fair comparison would be comparing the color spreads because the author draws the color spreads all by himself, even the backgrounds.
He does draw his backgrounds, the assistants simply assist with the backgrounds. He draws everything that moves with no assistance.

Background art has been very consistent and hes gone through many assistants over the years, that is because he still does most of the work

He does draw his backgrounds, the assistants simply assist with the backgrounds. He draws everything that moves with no assistance.

Background art has been very consistent and hes gone through many assistants over the years, that is because he still does most of the work
There is simply not enough time to be drawing backgrounds. Oda will design the main set pieces sure, but he only spends 3 days on inking the manga, and to draw 18 pages of backgrounds is too much work for that time-frame.
He has 5 assistants that can do that for him. Just look at the work process of Onepunch man artist Murata, he leaves all background stuff to assistants.

There is simply not enough time to be drawing backgrounds. Oda will design the main set pieces sure, but he only spends 3 days on inking the manga, and to draw 18 pages of backgrounds is too much work for that time-frame.
He has 5 assistants that can do that for him. Just look at the work process of Onepunch man artist Murata, he leaves all background stuff to assistants.
I'm telling you that he still draws his backgrounds, this was from Oda. This was sourced in the APForums oda interview thread, but the site is down or id show you the direct quote. They "assist with backgrounds", they don't draw it fully. He still frames and draws most of it. They detail the backgrounds

I don’t like ranking manga but as I understand most manga fans consider OP, HxH and Berserk the big 3 and consider OP a little bit better than the other 2.
Post automatically merged:

As for the whole Yamato thing, we really have no way of knowing at this point. Let’s wait 10 chapters. I guy on a YouTube comment summed it up best if you want to call him her a her, call her a her, if you want to call him a him, call him a him and don’t attack people for doing the other thing.

Last edited:
I'm telling you that he still draws his backgrounds, this was from Oda. This was sourced in the APForums oda interview thread, but the site is down or id show you the direct quote. They "assist with backgrounds", they don't draw it fully. He still frames and draws most of it. They detail the backgrounds
I haven't seen that, but all I remember is that SBS or interview where Oda says he draws everything that moves, with assistants handling the rest. Oda might do the pencil roughs for the backgrounds I guess.

The rest of your comments prove my fucking point lmao. Cartoony? That's your excuse for when you see impressive artwork from Oda?

Outside of those piss poor initial examples Yamato has been massively differentiated from Nami, unless you are blind when you read this last chapter.

Like I said, art is subjective, but you can admit that Togashi has 100x more instances where he literally doesn't finish his drawings. This is undeniable and people have shown you the receipts. Oda has been consistent 100% since 1997.
Ok I dont see your point. Your arguing for the sake of arguing. You say art is subjective then you say your not changing anybodies opinion. Then you're saying art is subjective again.

I really dont care to argue with you since you dont even have a point.

Ok I dont see your point. Your arguing for the sake of arguing. You say art is subjective then you say your not changing anybodies opinion. Then you're saying art is subjective again.

I really dont care to argue with you since you dont even have a point.
Bruh:

"You say art is subjective then you say your not changing anybody is opinion. Then you're saying art is subjective again."

This literally is my point? When art is subjective to the viewer, you are NOT going to change someone's opinion about it.

Are you for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.