• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 13 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

In terms of "manga logic" or "PIS" Oda has never been the best. Guys like Togashi (HxH) are lightyears ahead of him in that category.

After all those years I don't care all that much anymore though, I just accept it and enjoy the ride.

Ok, thank you.
Real bummer. We'll probably get chapter 998 a few days before Christmas.
If we're lucky, we'll get chapter 1000 in the second half of January.

It's an absolute shitshow coverstory and easily the worst writing we've ever seen in OP (which is quite telling btw).
youre trolling. absolute moron shit
Post automatically merged:

theyre literally talking about how theyre trying to stop luffy from using his energy on goons. luffy flying to the fucking dome in gear 4 wastes so much energy on not fighting kaido. its stupid for him to do that

youre trolling. absolute moron shit
Post automatically merged:

theyre literally talking about how theyre trying to stop luffy from using his energy on goons. luffy flying to the fucking dome in gear 4 wastes so much energy on not fighting kaido. its stupid for him to do that
Why should I be trolling.

Oda has his strengths (worldbuilding being the most obvious one), but as a storywriter he's clearly below Togashi.

That's not even a discussion. Anyone who has read both HxH and OP and looks at it objectively will tell you the same.

What if the next chapter is called the 2 billion berry man and is about Zoro running into King who has a bounty of 2 billion... and Zoro starts fighting him and eventually beats him !
You can remove eventually, that would be assured. But King's bounty is still not revealed, I personally bet on 1.5 billions in the best case scenario.

2 - 2.5 billions looking like legit for someone like Beckman however.

That about sums it up though. If you have to use stupidity to get out of a situation, don't put characters there in the first place.

Togashi is much better at execution, but he lacks Oda's long term vision and worldbuilding. Oda is better at the long term stuff, but short term execution is oftentimes just awful.

Why should I be trolling.

Oda has his strengths (worldbuilding being the most obvious one), but as a storywriter he's clearly below Togashi.

That's not even a discussion. Anyone who has read both HxH and OP and looks at it objectively will tell you the same.
Nah..I say they’re of similar quality, but both have strengths and weaknesses.

Nah..I say they’re of similar quality, but both have strengths and weaknesses.
That's why I said that Oda is great in terms of worldbuilding. He has really created a unique and interesting world.
Oda is also really consistent both in putting out chapters and with his artstyle.

Togashi is better in basically everything else, especially in terms of storywriting.

Oda is nowhere near in terms of quality to HxH
The only way Oda is better than Togashi is:
1. His art stays consistent (Togashi's scribbles...)
2. He's consistently releasing chapters
In my opinion there are some massive glaring worldbuilding issues with HxH (hunter exams being one), Togashi relies on cheap subversion very often, and he has 5x (in a good year) as long to write each chapter compared to Oda.
Artstyle is very subjective, I'd disagree.

Oda's biggest problems are his rehashing of Alabasta's plot multiple times and finding ways to impede Luffy's advancement to the end game area to allow for the plot to happen. If you compare One Piece up to chapter 390, gear second is 2 chapters old, and much less rehashing, so I don't think it's totally fair to give Hunter X Hunter an advantage based on recycling content.

Status
Not open for further replies.