Who Got More Hype This Chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm annoyed by the lack of fights most Straw hats got since the timeskip tbh. Outside Luffy/Zoro, Franky is the one who got the most fights
Its why I hope the end of Wano is the start of something more focused in regards to the strawhats. Everyone should get a growth fight here. Not only this but the potential several arcs before laugh tale and the final war.

Like Chopper's last good fight was Kumadori. Imagine if he gets no fights and then just fights Doc Q or something at the end? It makes no sense growth wise, these characters need defining moments to be worth supporting Luffy and this is why I will argue to hell and back about every strawhat fighting a F6 member or Calamity, or even a Big Mom Pirate member.

I still virtually think Wano is only really the conclusion of "part" 2 of 3. And its just the awkward "part" where Oda attempted to do a huge 400+ chapter storyline all while separating the crew for several hundred chapters focusing on secondary characters as well, all the while teasing us about Jinbe in that time frame. Just hope that with Elbaf, Vegapunk, Laugh Tale, Final War, whatever and starting with Wano, we get what fans have wanted, actual growth matchups for every character.

Its why I hope the end of Wano is the start of something more focused in regards to the strawhats. Everyone should get a growth fight here. Not only this but the potential several arcs before laugh tale and the final war.

Like Chopper's last good fight was Kumadori. Imagine if he gets no fights and then just fights Doc Q or something at the end? It makes no sense growth wise, these characters need defining moments to be worth supporting Luffy and this is why I will argue to hell and back about every strawhat fighting a F6 member or Calamity, or even a Big Mom Pirate member.

I still virtually think Wano is only really the conclusion of "part" 2 of 3. And its just the awkward "part" where Oda attempted to do a huge 400+ chapter storyline all while separating the crew for several hundred chapters focusing on secondary characters as well, all the while teasing us about Jinbe in that time frame. Just hope that with Elbaf, Vegapunk, Laugh Tale, Final War, whatever and starting with Wano, we get what fans have wanted, actual growth matchups for every character.
What I really want is to feel a clear sentiment of growth for the crew as a whole after the battle.

I do not care if some need to team up or some assistance to win, as long as I get the feeling they accomplished something big by the end. I doubt a straw hat defeating gifters/irrelevant headliner/irrelevant ninja would make me feel anything and that's why I'm mostly focused on topi roppo and calamities since everyone else barely matter narratively. There are still the numbers but their portrayal has been extremely poor so far.
When I think about it, the last real fight for most straw hats were in fishman island, and it was mostly a warm-up. Fishman Island was a almost decade ago. A decade. Crazy
How I'm supposed to believe they will be worthy of being the Pirate King crew in a near future if I don't get to ever see them do anything in battle?
Wano has been build up for 8 years, it will be without a doubt the biggest and longest arc in the series until the final war so yeah I expect some nice feats for everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.