One Piece community destroyed my enjoyment for Manga in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another Manhwa with some tournament ish thing? I like this kind of stuff.

God of highschool

A manga made for PL junkies
I agree about God of High School. It's extravagant in his powers and martial arts showcasing. May be too PL-ish for my taste but art is solid imo. at least the MC can stand on his own and isn't constantly humiliated like post-TS Luffy lol.

Btw i actually made a hot series thread about Gosu due to how underrated and exclusively beautiful this series is but seems no one notice the existence of this manhwa compared to the likes of the later stages of Solo Leveling which has flashy and cool badass OP MC exploitation.

Other things than manga and manhwas etc, i'm in anticipation of UFC match Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje. It's going to be orgasmic.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I miss proper discussions and I burned out on One Piece for several reasons. At some time even some theories or analysis didnt gain neccessary attention because topics like YC1 became morr hype.
I cant participate in Zoro vs Sanji discussions lr anything else. Or Zoro Mihawk discussions.

Seeing the same stuff over and over bored the heck out of me. I got bored, burned out and since then I am very inactive around one piece communities.
I still watch youtubers but I cant and wont share my thoughts anymore.

What destroyed my enjoyment for the manga the most was probably my ex best friend leaving me and thus I had no close person to me to talk about One Piece. Nowadays I feel better tho.

I miss proper discussions and I burned out on One Piece for several reasons. At some time even some theories or analysis didnt gain neccessary attention because topics like YC1 became morr hype.
I cant participate in Zoro vs Sanji discussions lr anything else. Or Zoro Mihawk discussions.

Seeing the same stuff over and over bored the heck out of me. I got bored, burned out and since then I am very inactive around one piece communities.
I still watch youtubers but I cant and wont share my thoughts anymore.

What destroyed my enjoyment for the manga the most was probably my ex best friend leaving me and thus I had no close person to me to talk about One Piece. Nowadays I feel better tho.
The hyper focus on Sanji and Zoro in this forum is outright surreal. One of the Best things about One Piece is that it didn't end up focus on only a select few characters and neglecting others which is what happened to DBZ and Naruto. Yet people on this forum are legit complaining about The Strawhats becoming veteran level, they want the weaker Strawhats to end up like Yamcha purely because of "muh powerlevels muh tiers"

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Gotta say I agree. A lot of it ends up into a contest and arguments like my favourite character vs yours. My favourite arc vs yours. Who is the best group? Who is the best this, best that etc.

And over time, it gets tiring and even for some characters that I didn't mind before but having to "compete" or argue about them and downplay them to boast about my opinions, I end up liking those characters less and less.

I feel like for some aspects of OP, it went from appreciating everything to constantly trying to nitpick and find flaws to tear down other people's opinions.

Like do I hate Robin? No, I like her. But if someone wants to argue with me that Robin is better than Perona...well....suddenly I no longer like Robin that much lmao.

Zoro is my favorite Straw Hat and Ive been in Op communities since the end of Dressrosa. Seeing how some of Zoro fans and fanboys act and how they argue with other people, it makes me question or regret zoro being my favorite SH. I do not want to become a fanboy instead of a fan. I dont like being involved in Sanji v Zoro arguments because some tend to be annoying.
Anyways the best character is the character one likes.

All this is mostly not about one piece but other series which I keep reading.

Don't care about others, I remember when I used to read in kissmanga(mentioning because it was high here, a bit sad that it's gone though I stopped reading there long back, just used it as a way to keep track of what is released) and trying to seek some good opinion/theories of any certain chapter(not one piece), the only thing I see in the comment is stupid(and some very insensitive) sex jokes on characters which even involves kids too. like wth, I used to reprimand them..but soon realized they could just be immature kids(regardless of age) who think talking sex-related things on the internet make them seem like some net veteran or something, and stopped reading comments whether I wanted to know any answers or not, eventually I would try to find answers someway which did not make me not enjoy.

I do still sometimes feel sad that certain series/character is so good, but people are not looking from the right perspective(again not about one piece) and used to explain it. I stopped doing that too, and right now just read the manga and get to solve things myself. I did enjoy talking with few unknown users about some series, but I guess I have to sacrifice a bit to make sure my experience is not ruined by other readers. Right now my interaction with other readers is pretty much non-existent.

Coming to one piece and the forum. I guess, from orojackson itself it was pretty clear the Sanji vs Zoro thing was atrocious in this community, even now we can see some guys just post to trigger each other. I am a Zoro fan, but that is more of an obvious choice for me, Sanji(who never even was on my likable characters except for few scenes) just fell down so hard in my eyes as a character that I pretty much had so much hate for the oda. And other SHs were also not being given attention. The other one is Nami but pretty much all females are now just fanservice material for oda, another disappointment(all are pretty shitty characters right now). I don't mind memes, but it's pretty clear some guys just heavily breathing on their keyboard waiting for an opportunity to make posts to trigger the other.

In orojackson, I used to make many speculations and threads too, but here I joined when the website was started(around the time when orojackson was going down), but I just did not feel like being part of the forum, so did not open the forum for like 6-8 months I think. Even lost interest in one piece and don't make any speculation or thread, but it could also be because I don't really care about anyone here to share my interests with specifically by making a thread, the most I will do is add a comment and make memes. I started feeling I guess this forum only deserves to have some memes unlike what we had in orojackson where speculation/theories and threads were very fun to read. This might seem like a comparison, but I guess it's fine since it gives out the points too. Just go through the threads here, and you can how shit they are.

So the best advice I can give is
Don't care about others, don't read or ignore their opinions, will take some time to do that but will eventually happen.
If you think you have some like-minded people here who you would like to talk to and enjoy, make a private chat group instead and enjoy it. Well this tip may not work for fans who want to trash talk on other characters since their aim is hurt the characters fans.

gonna be honest, I never pay attention to what the community says about OP and it doesn't affect my enjoyment for One Piece either.
At the end of the day, most debaters are total strangers and in any event I think that as long as you are conscious of your mind and you have solid beliefs no one can change those, hence no one can alter your enjoyment for the series :)

When i look at exause and eazy...
That's why I avoid CV.

BTW, I completely agree with you @Seth.

Sometimes, communities can cause you to hate sth you absolutely liked before. Therefore, I also avoid Zelda forums for obvious reasons.

Rn, I want to try enjoying OP chapters as much as possible without thinking what certain people liked or disliked about said chapters.

Thus, I hope we'll see some Kaido hype next chapter!

That's why I avoid CV.

Sometimes, communities can cause you to hate sth you absolutely liked before. Therefore, I also avoid Zelda forums for obvious reasons.

Rn, I want to try enjoying OP chapters as much as possible without thinking what certain people liked or disliked about said chapters.

CV is the house of one liners and 0 modding. That can please some or be judged as disgusting for others. I visit it every now and then and I admit my passion for comics and comic books is not defaced by any user. Perhaps I'm just strong willed.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
That's why I avoid CV.

I miss times where I was a random ass European kid watching Bleach and Naruto and don't giving a single fuck about comparisons.

Forums can make a monster out of you.

Honestly it's entirely up to how willing you are to see another's opinion, yes for sure you can feel differently but if everyone else's opinion is taken as an assault to you you'll never enjoy a community. Some of the worst communities are one piece and Rick and morty communities because no one is willing to even hear an opinion, just argue about it. A debate is very different from an argument and the OP and RnM communities don't understand that line

Status
Not open for further replies.