One Piece community destroyed my enjoyment for Manga in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
โ€Ž
Those are the classical phases of manga fandom.

1) At first you enjoy it and read it on your own.

2) Then you join a forum and discuss about it.

3) After a while you realize how toxic it can be and you get into arguments.

4) You generally get annoyed at most dicussions in the forum and also develop an antipathy against the manga itself.

5) You take a few step backs from the forum and actually just read it on your own again. You like it much more again.

6) You come back, just let the idiots talk in their respective threads and generally don't give a fuck about any toxic encounters anymore. You just troll them and laugh about it.
This was powerful......

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Is there even another running manga with a "proper" community beside OP?

I personally find Reddit, Discord & YouTube totally unfit for discussion. Is there another manga where you have a big community centered around an online forum/message board like One Piece?
NF but they are past their prime. + I've heard it's a toxic forum run by toxic mods. This is only what I've heard I don't have any proof.

Interesting thread ...

for me its the total opposite.

I enjoy debating how powerful a character is how valuable the author sees a character, where the character can end up in a few years and what happens to them.

from my side reading peoples point of view what they've gained from the manga and how they perceive things from the same comic I'm reading intrigues me, weather it's their head-canon, data-books, or evidence from the manga I love to see it.

The pinnacle of it all is when users (including myself) get things wrong and how they react.

Some panic and make excuses other except it and move and take their "L" but for me power-scaling is extremely fun I know some people view it as useless and toxic but there is some fun to it.

Seth

โ€Ž
Interesting thread ...

I enjoy debating how powerful a character is how valuable the author sees a character, where the character can end up in a few years and what happens to them.

from my side reading peoples point of view what they've gained from the manga and how they perceive things from the same comic I'm reading intrigues me, weather it's their head-canon, data-books, or evidence from the manga I love to see it.

The pinnacle of it all is when users (including myself) get things wrong and how they react.

Some panic and make excuses other except it and move and take their "L" but for me power-scaling is extremely fun I know some people view it as useless and toxic but there is some fun to it.
Well, I enjoy debating and all of that but what I meant by this thread is that basically community destroys enjoyment for me.

Before joining the community I could enjoy the beauty of this show, small thing and etc.
Now I only live for power scaling and few of my characters doing something. I totally forget what this story is about and what makes it beautiful.

I think joining the community was some sort of Reality check? I mean you join the community which is big and you find that you are not agreeing on so many things with other people and you start to develop some sort of need to prove yourself why your points are good not the others.

I feel way better after a break and actually 987 was a great chapter for me.

For now, I only don't enjoy Yamato ( I totally don't understand her character being brought to life by Oda, nothing more than last-second addition and she's mimicking Oden in every possible way which I fucking hate ). WB Pirates not knowing about Oden is a bullshit plot and Kaido's portrayal but this one is more funnier.

Interesting thread ...

^
Without an active community, I don't think One Piece has anything going for it. Most other manga/anime accomplish what One Piece does in much shorter amount of time and on a bigger scale.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Well, I enjoy debating and all of that but what I meant by this thread is that basically community destroys enjoyment for me.

Before joining the community I could enjoy the beauty of this show, small thing and etc.
Now I only live for power scaling and few of my characters doing something. I totally forget what this story is about and what makes it beautiful.

I think joining the community was some sort of Reality check? I mean you join the community which is big and you find that you are not agreeing on so many things with other people and you start to develop some sort of need to prove yourself why your points are good not the others.

I feel way better after a break and actually 987 was a great chapter for me.

For now, I only don't enjoy Yamato ( I totally don't understand her character being brought to life by Oda, nothing more than last-second addition and she's mimicking Oden in every possible way which I fucking hate ). WB Pirates not knowing about Oden is a bullshit plot and Kaido's portrayal but this one is more funnier.
I think you could try taking more breaks or lower your forum activity and spot all the changes that this choice can give you

If you feel better then you have done well

If you feel not then you can try again and see

This is probably what one should do when in doubt in life in general

Also NF is a good forum with a great community, sadly its mods are literally the worst in the web lol

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Mommy Fubuki!
โ€Ž
The same goes to other fandoms. Naruto is retarded about shipping, JoJo is full of memes and whatnot, My Hero Academia about shipping and underage stuff, etc. Bottom line is that every fandoms is destined to be a cancer and we can't help it but to accepting it. So if you don't want to be part of the toxic fandom then just quit it and move on. Simple as that:kayneshrug:

For 2-3 years I'm a part of One Piece online community. ( 1 Year OJ + worst gen) and 2 years as a ghost reader.

I rarely enjoy Manga rn and when I fall into Power scaling exchanges I think like I'm burning out.

I read One Piece for 10 years / Watch anime for 13 years and it took only 3 years after joining One Piece communities to make me consider dropping fews shows including One Piece.

It's funny how online people/online exchanges can spin you around. People will say "don't react", "don't listen". I think it's impossible sometimes.
Influenced by people? Their thoughts? Their opinions? OK. Sure. To a degree, but you must have your own thoughts, opinions, beliefs. Dropping a series because youโ€™re at odds with the community? Or some of them? Well, I understand the toxicity of a fanbase, but I believe a great percentage of ONE PIECE community donโ€™t believe in power scale in ONE PIECE.

In fact, Iโ€™ve never talked to anyone mentioning:

- Yonko Commander Level
- Admiral Level

etc, etc.

I thought itโ€™s common knowledge among us, that bounties and titles mean nothing that much beyond their very limited influence.

Iโ€™m disappointed and sad that youโ€™ll drop ONE PIECE. Oh well. Long live, Seth.

Seth

โ€Ž
Influenced by people? Their thoughts? Their opinions? OK. Sure. To a degree, but you must have your own thoughts, opinions, beliefs. Dropping a series because youโ€™re at odds with the community? Or some of them? Well, I understand the toxicity of a fanbase, but I believe a great percentage of ONE PIECE community donโ€™t believe in power scale in ONE PIECE.

In fact, Iโ€™ve never talked to anyone mentioning:

- Yonko Commander Level
- Admiral Level

etc, etc.

I thought itโ€™s common knowledge among us, that bounties and titles mean nothing that much beyond their very limited influence.

Iโ€™m disappointed and sad that youโ€™ll drop ONE PIECE. Oh well. Long live, Seth.
I'm past this point.

I'm not even enjoying One Piece anymore. Just come from thread to thread to comment on something.

Not reading weekly for 2 chapters rn and I'm not planning too. Found a lot more interesting shows.

One Piece community is one.

Oda's writing post time-skip also ruined this story a lot.

Seth

โ€Ž
As long as you have no regrets wasting your time after reading 100s of chapters of ONE PIECE, because...
Might return for 1000th or earlier if something interesting happens ( like Act 3 ending ).
Diamond no Ace. Black Clover. Chainsaw Man. Jujutsu Kaisen. Fire Force. Kaiju no 8 ( starting tomorrow ).

I'm past this point.

I'm not even enjoying One Piece anymore. Just come from thread to thread to comment on something.

Not reading weekly for 2 chapters rn and I'm not planning too. Found a lot more interesting shows.

One Piece community is one.

Oda's writing post time-skip also ruined this story a lot.
Can i spoiler you on certain stuff even doe you dont care to read it?

Seth

โ€Ž
Can i spoiler you on certain stuff even doe you dont care to read it?
If it's something that may interest me to the point of returning to One Piece then yes.

If not I would like to ask you to not say a word xd.

Status
Not open for further replies.