One Piece EPISODE 1000 - Overwhelming Strength! The Straw Hats Come Together

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
And you "anime haters" always claim you don't like watching the shit but always want talk and be here tf "I expected this" tf you expecting when you don't "fuck with them"
I am one piece fan, not “anime hater” I just want to enjoy my favourite manga and want it to be depicted correctly. Its not like I have some vendetta against anime lmao. Just because you think a mid episode is peak fiction doesn’t mean we can’t criticise it.

I am one piece fan, not “anime hater” I just want to enjoy my favourite manga and want it to be depicted correctly. Its not like I have some vendetta against anime lmao. Just because you think a mid episode is peak fiction doesn’t mean we can’t criticise it.
Ii don't want hear that shit over 1000 episodes you know how toei is but you gotta act brand new everytime "omg I can't believe this pacing" "omg I couldn't believe this animation" "I love this hate fetish"....

Even in early wano when Yasui was dead, they added this gag scene of Sanji and Zoro arguing which totally shat on one of the major character moment of Zoro.
...That scene was in the manga as well. You know that right?
In casual settings, they don’t quite capture the Luffy vibe and anime has tendency to make Luffy look dumb and retarded. Not to forget anime has always downplayed the relationship between Luffy and Zoro and Luffy and Nami while they have no qualms adding several Zosan and Sanami filler moments.
This is just blatantly not true at all.

The anime is perfectly fine with making Luffy serious when he needs to be. It often depends on director, but saying generally that "the anime makes Luffy dumb" is silly.

Anyway, I know I shouldn't really be responding to this, but this is just obviously blatantly wrong stuff.
Fighting scenes are different, some of the early wano fights are good, but thats it.
Wano still has good action sequences, and has had good action sequences pretty consistently throughout the arc.

...That scene was in the manga as well. You know that right?
I am talking about the extended scene where Sanji says he will kill Zoro before Kaido, they are having their usual light hearted banter with happy music playing as if Yasui is not lying dead there. In manga Zoro was very serious and angry and barely said anything to Sanji.

The anime is perfectly fine with making Luffy serious when he needs to be. It often depends on director, but saying generally that "the anime makes Luffy dumb" is silly.
Obviously the directors are not going to tamper the serious fights, but in casual settings they make him look dumb and retarded.

Wano still has good action sequences, and has had good action sequences pretty consistently throughout the arc.
Lmao, the only thing carrying Wano anime is somewhat good art and few action scenes. The pacing is horrible, not to forget about them adding questionable things like Zoro’s coc reveal which will make entire chapter 1010 useless.

This damn toxicity in this thread
I came here to read people thoughts about such an episode to find first post this be a Sanji slander, a false one too, and the rest Z fans following the toxicity :lawsigh: this really left a bad taste in my mouth

remind me what’s the mods job in this site again? only posting some silly polls I guess
Ive started clicking ignore on the sanji & zoro "fans". Same talking points, falsehoods, gifs/memes etc for an additional 10-70 pages depending on thread. It makes it much more enjoyable a forum for me, and quicker to find actual discussion.

I didn't really like the episode. I understand it was more to signify the growth of the characters and the years that have passed, literally in this case, since they first joined Luffy. But, it just came off as a filler. It really reminded me of why I didn't watch the anime back in WCI/Dressrosa.
Fair points but you have to remember, this is Episode 1000, an monumental accomplishment that only 17 other animes series in Japan has ever achieved. With that in mind, the entire anime cast, down to the seiyuu/directors/animators probably wanted to treat this as a Celebration/Commemoration Episode for 22+ yrs of being on air w/o any hiatuses or massive delays.

And for that reason I really enjoyed the episode despite it only covering 5-ish to 6 panels from Chapter 989.

Plus the extra nostalgic return of We Are! as well in the beginning

You should probably expect things to go back to normal in terms of chapter coverage starting with 1001 though so this is most likely going to be a one time only thing in terms of the "montage" at the end

Wano anime has done so many major blunders eg. The way they revealed Zoro’s coc and totally shat on one of the biggest character moment for Zoro and which strengthened Luffy and Zoro’s relationship. Its not the first time they have modified and removed key ZoLu moments. Already two future episodes from chapter 997 and 1010 are ruined because of that. And the pacing keeps getting worse every episode. I am afraid what are they gonna do in the rooftop, they have already proved they don’t like canon material and will write their own fanfiction.

Wano anime has done so many major blunders eg. The way they revealed Zoro’s coc and totally shat on one of the biggest character moment for Zoro and which strengthened Luffy and Zoro’s relationship. Its not the first time they have modified and removed key ZoLu moments. Already two future episodes from chapter 997 and 1010 are ruined because of that. And the pacing keeps getting worse every episode. I am afraid what are they gonna do in the rooftop, they have already proved they don’t like canon material and will write their own fanfiction.
You still here bruh? :zosleepy:

Wano anime has done so many major blunders eg. The way they revealed Zoro’s coc and totally shat on one of the biggest character moment for Zoro and which strengthened Luffy and Zoro’s relationship. Its not the first time they have modified and removed key ZoLu moments. Already two future episodes from chapter 997 and 1010 are ruined because of that. A
What do you mean ? Which moment did they ruin ?