• 1/5

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
BM treated Marco like a real chicken lol
Toei really did Marco the dirtiest.

Clashes evenly with Perospero.

Gets "caught off guard" by BM - all she literally did was run straight at him.

Gets berated by BM for bringing in flies to the battlefield and throws him away like a used toy.

IIRC manga didn't even show how Marco got out of the grip, it just "happened." Whether he broke out or BM let him go for free.

But damn Toei really on some shit to treat Marco like this. This is almost as bad as Raid suit Sanji "vs." King. :kobeha:

Perospero was charging that bow for like 8 minutes. lol

Episode reminded me that Yamato already knows the strawhat crew through their wanted posters. Can't wait to see her first impressions with everyone else (besides Sanji since we already know what he's going to do...)

Toei really did Marco the dirtiest.

Clashes evenly with Perospero.

Gets "caught off guard" by BM - all she literally did was run straight at him.

Gets berated by BM for bringing in flies to the battlefield and throws him away like a used toy.

IIRC manga didn't even show how Marco got out of the grip, it just "happened." Whether he broke out or BM let him go for free.

But damn Toei really on some shit to treat Marco like this. This is almost as bad as Raid suit Sanji "vs." King. :kobeha:
They are extending every possible scene i imagine Apoo will be looking like a yonko
Zoro will be blocking hakai for 20 minutes:yasu:

I actually really enjoyed the extension for Carrot and Wanda. Wanda didn't feel like a simple tag along but actually felt like she had a role in that scene, and it also fleshed out the dynamic between them. Calling back Pedro's imagery of the dawn paid off well when tying into Yamato saying that Momo would be the one to lead the world into the dawn.

I will admit, it is funny that this big Carrot moment results in how getting her ass handed to her, but I'm at least hoping they flesh it out. I'm hoping that Jack and Perospero's defeats both call back to the flashbacks of their respective grudges, as well as fleshing out the action.

The episode did a nice job fleshing out little bits that weren't shown in the manga, from the obvious Carrot and Wanda stuff, to literally showing how Marco escapes Big Mum, to showing how Usopp and Nami escape Page One and Ulti(namely how they get on the dog). I appreciate they mixed up the gag of Usopp pretending to be Nami by having Nami impersonate Usopp at a crucial moment. Felt like a good little bit of pay back.

The art this episode was really nice. There wasn't a ton of animation, but there was some nice subtle stuff when it came to small bits of character acting, and I think they animated Haccha's attack pretty well. The storyboard and direction really carried this episode along with the solid artwork.

I think this was definitely an improvement generally of how things were handled in the manga, with the threads feeling more organic being a bit stretched out here and there as opposed to Oda changing through 50 plot beats in a single chapter. In particular, I really liked how they handled Sasaki as an antagonist. This is really the point of the story where is the largest threat to the characters, and I think the anime made him an imposing enough presence(even if he doesn't do much going forward beside fight Franky).

Overall, pretty solid episode. Credit to Yusuke Suzuki for really improving on his direction and storyboarding, Hirotaka Ito and Toshio Deguchi(funnily enough) for delivering on the art in this episode.

Next episode looks nice. Seems they're expanding on Kaido vs the Scabbards and it looks like its going to be animated by Yoshikazu Tomita. Yoshikazu Tomita was easily one of the best animators on the show during WCI, and generally has made fantastic contributions to the series, but a lot of his stuff on Wano has been pretty tame. Judging by the NEP, it looks like the filler scene he will be handling is a return to form of his stronger contributions in WCI.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Perospero was charging that bow for like 8 minutes. lol

Episode reminded me that Yamato already knows the strawhat crew through their wanted posters. Can't wait to see her first impressions with everyone else (besides Sanji since we already know what he's going to do...)
He learned to count with Freezer for sure.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Cool episode.

Sulong Carrot and Wanda :steef:

More Momo/Joy Boy hints :shocking:

It was so funny seeing Toei stretch the Perospero and Marco scene for 12 minutes tho :suresure:

Perospero was like