Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1/5

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Surprised you think of 1001 so highly. I consider that a solid enough episode that is really elevated by two of the best action scenes in the entire series lol. I'd consider something like 982 much much stronger than 1001 despite the former of which having a much more notable highlights because its generally stronger directed.

I'm not sure what I'd say my top ten would be, though I think you mentioned a few of them, in no particular order (1006, 1013, 957, 982, 1004, 971, 972).

However, I'd probably add something like 950 to the list(the episode where Koyama really shows off his directorial chops), as well as honourable mentions for 960(the first episode of the Oden flashback).

Really, I think most of Koyama's episodes beside 984 are really worth mentioing for honourable mentions aside from his incredibly stand out ones.

Not sure whether I'd put them on the "best of the series" list, but I also remember really like 943(particularly the Udon scenes), as well as 945 and 946(946 in particular almost purely because its insanely well animated, particularly in its second half, which compensates for the rather pedestrian pacing of the episode). Episode 1000 and 978(though I was initially not terribly blown by away by it pacing wise I'll admit) as well obviously.

Episode 954(the Kawmatsu) is also an episode I remember quite fondly for its directorial flare, even if it is a bit of a slower paced episode. I think that works in the context of trying to tell Kawamatsu's story.

925 is also a pretty solid episode, but I feel like its adaptation didn't really have much to work with in terms of expanding on the fight choreography wise despite some basic things.

Overall, I'm not terribly great with lists lol.

Also, I believe the episode Luffy tells Tama that Ace is dead is either 894 or 987.

The thing about Wano is that it has a lot of "different types" of good episodes, which makes it hard to sort of make full collation. There are generally a handful of episodes considered perfect(like 957 or 982), but most usual have a few defects here and there that make them difficult to rank.
Thank you for the list, i will rewatch some of these.

That last part is very true and I'm tired seeing people pretend in certain servers or on twitter that this is not the case.
Outside of Ishitani, currently we nearly never get any "perfect" episodes.
We dont know if we get any more nakamura episodes either.

Only chance really is with Tanaka maybe and Koyama. And even then, Koyama *can* miss sometimes as seen on 984.
If Ishitani leaves the One Piece Team eventually that'd be an inimaginable blow to the quality. Currently we can expect like 3 maybe 4 perfect epiosdes per year, but if she's gone that's halved. It would not be as bad as Act 1/2 i think but wouldn't live up to the current standard either.
I really don't want her to leave the production...

@DruMzTV Am I the only one who found 1014 good. Except Tama filler, anime adapted the chapter nicely.
It showes Marco badass and jobbing king queen. THE Bm Kaido interaction was good.
And considering its just before maube the highest value epsiode.
Its 8/10
The ice oni stuff was uninteresting flashbacks were too stretched out, Marco getting stabbed was bad and generally the episode hadnt had anything impressive.

G

Gorosei Informer

Okay, Marco stopping King and Queen was cool and all but can we take a moment to talk about how Marco was eating a pineapple at the beginning of the episode?

Just a bit of interesting trivia, but the fruit is actually a fengli (鳳梨). Which is basically the variety of pineapple grown in Taiwan. They have stubbier leaves up top and are a bit browner. Also juicier and sweeter. That fruit also shares the character for the mythical bird fenghuang (鳳凰). Idk the etymology behind why they named that version of the pineapple that though. But essentially that's why Marco likes pineapples, bc he's a mix of the western phoenix and the eastern version fenghuang.

Also Marco is a cannibal.

Koyama is a great director, so I'm not worried on that front(I enjoyed how he handled action in 971 and 1004, the latter of which I consider one of the best episodes of Wano), and AD's can have more limited roles in animation, so I wouldn't say they'd define the quality of an episode.
By the sounds of it, there are probably going to be at least be a few notable names on 1016. I believe that may be the episode where Thurlow finally flexes lol.
can ishitani do chapter 1010

hmmmm what do you mean
I mean, episode 1015 is covering chapter 1000. What chapter would we roughly be covered in the mid episode 1020's.
Thank you for the list, i will rewatch some of these.

That last part is very true and I'm tired seeing people pretend in certain servers or on twitter that this is not the case.
Outside of Ishitani, currently we nearly never get any "perfect" episodes.
We dont know if we get any more nakamura episodes either.

Only chance really is with Tanaka maybe and Koyama. And even then, Koyama *can* miss sometimes as seen on 984.
If Ishitani leaves the One Piece Team eventually that'd be an inimaginable blow to the quality. Currently we can expect like 3 maybe 4 perfect epiosdes per year, but if she's gone that's halved. It would not be as bad as Act 1/2 i think but wouldn't live up to the current standard either.
I really don't want her to leave the production...
I think One Piece is certainly a "unique" series to watch in the sense that the show is sort of designed to be slower and adapted more slowly.

Perhaps this is just because I'm used to watching the series, but I still generally don't have issues shifting between something like One Piece to more faster paced shonens or series.

I think that could partially just be the series naturally "accumlating" you to its slow pacing throughout the course of watching it.

In saying that, its still a long running show. I don't really come in expecting perfect episodes on every front. Even just something that is generally competently put together is more than serviceable enough for me considering the length of the series. Also, considering the amount and length of the content, of course not everything is going to be an absolute banger.

Oh yeah, 933 is also a solid one. I think I've seen people prefer 933 to 934 despite it being the "beginnning" of the fight.

I mean, episode 1015 is covering chapter 1000. What chapter would we roughly be covered in the mid episode 1020's.

I think One Piece is certainly a "unique" series to watch in the sense that the show is sort of designed to be slower and adapted more slowly.

Perhaps this is just because I'm used to watching the series, but I still generally don't have issues shifting between something like One Piece to more faster paced shonens or series.

I think that could partially just be the series naturally "accumlating" you to its slow pacing throughout the course of watching it.

In saying that, its still a long running show. I don't really come in expecting perfect episodes on every front. Even just something that is generally competently put together is more than serviceable enough for me considering the length of the series. Also, considering the amount and length of the content, of course not everything is going to be an absolute banger.

Oh yeah, 933 is also a solid one. I think I've seen people prefer 933 to 934 despite it being the "beginnning" of the fight.
If just the pacing would be fine it would fix a lot of issues...
If the pacing would be good, i would consider a lot of episodes even if they're weak, a 10 on the current standards.

~Ep1020-25ish should cover 1004-1008

Last edited:
no. Ishitani has an episode every 6 months (every ~20 Chapters). My guess would be 1025 or 1026.
nah between 982 and 957 it was like 25 episodes
but between 982 and 1000 is 18 episodes
so she can do 1010
__
also the proplem is she don't direct normal chapters

and no special chapter close , as 987 ,956 &1000
except 1010
or nika chapters zoro sanji law fights which are far away

nah between 982 and 957 it was like 25 episodes
but between 982 and 1000 is 18 episodes
so she can do 1010
__
also the proplem is she don't direct normal chapters

and no special chapter close , as 987 ,956 &1000
except 1010
or nika chapters zoro sanji law fights which are far away
Ishitani is not doing Chapter 1010 lol.
And even if 982 and 1015 were 18 episodes apart, there was a recap episode at the start of the year & a 1 month break

Ishitani is not doing Chapter 1010 lol.
And even if 982 and 1015 were 18 episodes apart, there was a recap episode at the start of the year & a 1 month break
True, but Ishitani was planned for before the month break. And although the anime is slow, I think we'll probably reach chapter 1010 in 15 more episodes(maybe a bit less), so by roughly 1030.

True, but Ishitani was planned for before the month break. And although the anime is slow, I think we'll probably reach chapter 1010 in 15 more episodes(maybe a bit less), so by roughly 1030.
because of the break and because a lot of fight chapters are difficult to adapt, the pacing needs to be faster for some episodes. I expect ~1028 Roofpiece P2 to start max. but optimally it should start at like 1024 or 1025

because of the break and because a lot of fight chapters are difficult to adapt, the pacing needs to be faster for some episodes. I expect ~1028 Roofpiece P2 to start max. but optimally it should start at like 1024 or 1025
I'm not sure whether the pacing would ever improve. I think at most we may get one episode which adapts a full chapter, but I think generally the series can manage with adapting at least 3 quarters of a chapter as long as its done well(particularly for some of the Tobi Roppo fights. Jinbei's fight chapter is roughly 12 pages of action, same for Franky)