Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I didn't mind the aura too much for Asura kinda imagined it that way anyway since we're dealing with conjuring magic heads and limbs + conquerors. Also it didn't muck up the scene (Or maybe I expected it so I wasn't disappointed)

It looked brutal (in a good way) with the blood splatter. I actually think it was much better than the manga which was just lazy (like the clashes on the side were unclear and relegated to a shitty small panel).
Personally, I prefer the auras behind Ashura to be the same as how it was pre-TS. That was really well done imo and looked good as well, the golden aura just looked really stupid - purple would've been a better choice since it's a color that suits that scene as well.

Regarding the damage aspect, I agree the anime did it much better. Oda wrote the buildup to the scene really badly and that is why we had idiotic threads about how Zoro was slamming his own swords together instead of it being him besting Kaido in cqc.

Tatsumaki, Hakkai scenes were disastrous. Hiryu Kaien + Asura were solid. 50% success rate overall kinda disappointed with roofpiece because while the Asura scene was good the pacing was dreadful this episode. It kinda ruined the experience.

Should have packed everything including Luffy's scenes into this ep and I would have been overall more satisfied with roofpiece, instead of on the disappointed side.
Facts, Tatsumaki & Hakkai looked awful and even in the Hiryu Kaen scene - the Flamerend scene was better animated than Hiryu Kaen imo.

Just compare this
to this

I didn't really like Ashura as well, tbh - I would rank Flamerend as the best piece of Zoro animation on the Rooftop. And yeah, the pacing was atrocious as well.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Personally, I prefer the auras behind Ashura to be the same as how it was pre-TS. That was really well done imo and looked good as well, the golden aura just looked really stupid - purple would've been a better choice since it's a color that suits that scene as well.

Regarding the damage aspect, I agree the anime did it much better. Oda wrote the buildup to the scene really badly and that is why we had idiotic threads about how Zoro was slamming his own swords together instead of it being him besting Kaido in cqc.

Facts, Tatsumaki & Hakkai looked awful and even in the Hiryu Kaen scene - the Flamerend scene was better animated than Hiryu Kaen imo.

Just compare this
to this

I didn't really like Ashura as well, tbh - I would rank Flamerend as the best piece of Zoro animation on the Rooftop. And yeah, the pacing was atrocious as well.
hiryu Kaen dragon animation was atrocious and messy af

But yeah flamerend wasn’t bad
Post automatically merged:

Just compare this
to this
Both those scenes are pretty comparable. Hiryu Kaen had a lot of things that I think elevate it, like the creative impact panels at the end, while the flame rend sort of just finishes in recapturing a manga panel shot. The follow through for the Flame Rend is excellent, but the end point is a bit less interesting.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Both those scenes are pretty comparable. Hiryu Kaen had a lot of things that I think elevate it, like the creative impact panels at the end, while the flame rend sort of just finishes in recapturing a manga panel shot. The follow through for the Flame Rend is excellent, but the end point is a bit less interesting.
Thé hiryu Kaen was a mess, the dragon thing was messy, really difficult to follow, ugly, to bright, and unnecessary. They ruined the moment with too much animation

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
hiryu Kaen dragon animation was atrocious and messy af

But yeah flamerend wasn’t bad
Imo, the Tatsumaki at the start of Wano is the single best Zoro animation in Wano followed by Purgatory Onigiri vs Killer & Tower Climb vs Hawkins. Out of the Rooftop Scenes, Flamerend is good. Hakkai & Tatsumaki are hot garbage while the rest are okay-ish. It's just disappointing.

and

were far better than the flashy golden garbage we were given today :feelscryingman:

I agree that the Hiryu Kaen impact panels were great, it showed the attack's potency pretty well. I'm talking about the execution part of the move being extremely underwhelming compared to Flamerend.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
disappointing.

and

were far better :feelscryingman:
Far farrrrrrrrrr better

the flow, the impact and the epic ness are way higher in those two. Compared to the current one.

Saturate the animation with too many colors, stuffs etc is really a bad idea.

Making something smooth and fluid >>> shiny colors

thé atmosphere of those two ashura were far creepier, like a true demon awakening. Here I don’t feel that at all

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me

Just compare this
to this

Yea I'd rank them

1.Flame rend (10/10)
2.Ashura (8/10)
3.Hiryu Kaien (8/10)
4.Tatsumaki (3/10)
5.Hakkai (1/10)

I actually thought Asura was great I can't cap. Yellow was not a good color choice but the scene was clear to follow (wasn't as overbearing like in some other scenes plus there was literally an aura in the manga) and the animation was on point. The real difference maker was the post cut damage, it did the attack more justice than the manga.

ZenZu

Far farrrrrrrrrr better

the flow, the impact and the epic ness are way higher in those two. Compared to the current one.

Saturate the animation with too many colors, stuffs etc is really a bad idea.

Making something smooth and fluid >>> shiny colors

thé atmosphere of those two ashura were far creepier, like a true demon awakening. Here I don’t feel that at all
I hated the enies lobby asura in the anime. It just looked extremely weird, unironically needed more aura. He looked like Nico Robin without it.

Strong worlds is still the best to date, but the recent one far surpasses enies lobby imo.

ZenZu

This.
I hope TOEI realizes this sooner or later.
The thing is some of the scenes were fluid and smooth, they just downright ruined them with unnecessary auras.

It's not a matter of fluidity, anime is more fluid than it's ever been.

Going from this, simple but powerful looking attack:

To super sayian zig zag dragon aura
Nah the zig zag was cool. It wasn't much more super saiyan than pre skip hiryu kaien which had a dragon aura that manifested as well.

I wont mind some aura on Asura, two heads and multiple arms and swords come out of nowhere, and releases CoC unconsciously.

Neither when he uses flying dragon blaze, there's an aura in the manga too from Enma so nothing wrong in that part, my problem is them overblowing everything, keeping them more simple would have made the scenes more powerful, instead it feels like I am watching dragon ball with all these overblown auras and bright lighting
Post automatically merged:

The thing is some of the scenes were fluid and smooth, they just downright ruined them with unnecessary auras.

It's not a matter of fluidity, anime is more fluid than it's ever been.

Nah the zig zag was cool. It wasn't much more super saiyan than pre skip hiryu kaien which had a dragon aura that manifested as well.
I am not saying pre timeskip was better.