Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 2/5

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 0/5

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
Don't get why this is a 0 stars episode?

I think the Sasaki climax was a bit underwhelming, but the majority of the fight had a really nice storyboard, and the Robin stuff in the back half was generally really well done.

I think the Sasaki climax was a bit underwhelming, but the majority of the fight had a really nice storyboard, and the Robin stuff in the back half was generally really well done.
disgraceful robin recap filler
cut away from boro breath vs Yamato's breath
splitting Franky's moment across two episodes was trash, but fucking up the animation for the finish was inexcusable (putting Sunny's face over Franky to save on costs LOL)

Now we are going to get an episode of Brook recap filler.

Compare this to chapter 1019/1020. Two well paced chapters, converted into 4 or 5 episodes. 1 episode to 1 chapter was slow paced in previous arcs, but feasible this arc because Oda has packed a lot of panels and content into each chapter, 2 episodes to 1 chapter and mismanaging the cuts and peaks of the arc is unacceptable.

Why can't they just animate the cover stories if they need filler?

What a shit episode
Post automatically merged:

Yeah who even thought that sequence was a good idea
I think we can all agree that when we read the manga weak to weak Franky Vs Sasaki was the worst 1v1 fight in Onigashima it’s the shortest 1v1 fight among the strawhats in Wano, it’s the only fight Oda didn’t give a Vs title for the chapter and was ultimately an after thought because of the Yamato Vs Kaido stuff.and it seems even Toei couldn’t save it.

I think we can all agree that when we read the manga weak to weak Franky Vs Sasaki was the worst 1v1 fight in Onigashima it’s the shortest 1v1 fight among the strawhats in Wano, it’s the only fight Oda didn’t give a Vs title for the chapter and was ultimately an after thought because of the Yamato Vs Kaido stuff.and it seems even Toei couldn’t save it.
Lol this is why it's baffling. They have the opportunity to make it better. Change the flow of these fights why not.

But I guess it's too much to expect when they stretch out manga panels.

They even bother drawing the collision of boro breath and glacial breath or whatever that was.

disgraceful robin recap filler
cut away from boro breath vs Yamato's breath
splitting Franky's moment across two episodes was trash, but fucking up the animation for the finish was inexcusable (putting Sunny's face over Franky to save on costs LOL)

Now we are going to get an episode of Brook recap filler.

Compare this to chapter 1019/1020. Two well paced chapters, converted into 4 or 5 episodes. 1 episode to 1 chapter was slow paced in previous arcs, but feasible this arc because Oda has packed a lot of panels and content into each chapter, 2 episodes to 1 chapter and mismanaging the cuts and peaks of the arc is unacceptable.

Why can't they just animate the cover stories if they need filler?
TBH, I think that for this fight in particular, the Robin recap is fine. I'm happy they recomposited it and actually made it a character driven thing as opposed to it being a fairly silly non-edition that it was in the manga.

The fact that Brook is also getting a similar recap is also something I appreciate considering how little he actually does in the arc.

Yeah, they didn't really do Franky's finisher justice(though I don't see how putting th Sunny's face there was a cost cutting measure at all), but I think the rest of the fight outside of that was pretty solid.

tell me you suck Toei's dick without telling me you suck Toei's dick

Nah, I just like Yamauchi's direction this episode. The sound design during the illusion scene was actually nice for once.

His episodes aren't for everyone, and I don't think he does the best action storyboards anymore(though I think there was some genuinely nice storyboarding stuff in the Franky portion of the episode), I think he has some nice ideas. I appreciate creativity.

Lol this is why it's baffling. They have the opportunity to make it better. Change the flow of these fights why not.

But I guess it's too much to expect when they stretch out manga panels.

They even bother drawing the collision of boro breath and glacial breath or whatever that was.
The problem is The Tobi Roppo fights are too short to make a full episode of, not enough content to stretch out. Before Odas fight chapters were 2-3 chapters, more than enough to adapt in episode. We may get lucky with Zoro & Sanji fights. There’s a lot of content for Toei to work with. Robins fight is questionable I want to see 1043 first.

The problem is The Tobi Roppo fights are too short to make a full episode of, not enough content to stretch out. Before Odas fight chapters were 2-3 chapters, more than enough to adapt in episode. We may get lucky with Zoro & Sanji fights. There’s a lot of content for Toei to work with. Robins fight is questionable I want to see 1043 first.
Add proper filler to extend them, lol.

Too short for one episode? Let's make it 2 episodes then!

Because the animation sucked, also most of the scenes were like weirdly cut out pictures, i was second guessing myself thinking that i changed the ratio of the video.