One Piece Episode 1046 - Taking a Chance! Both Wings Go into Battle!

Rate?

• Total voters

I'm sure they are going to explain this by the end of Wano right? :josad:

In all seriousness, I wanna know if anime-onlys will react with the same "Wait, that's it?" the Manga community did in the last episodes/chapters of Wano, tbh. :bamathink:
Post automatically merged:

Or when Sanji beats an Admiral.
I am saying it now, dude: the Cook beats an Admiral due to elemental advantage. :datas:

Can't wait till Sanji gets CoC and fans argue with their chest that CoC actually means nothing now. We've had it with wings, with stars, bounties, why not go all the way.

Sanji becomes pirate kings. Fans:a gag title anyway

Sanji beats Mihawk. Fans: Mihawk's a better cook anyway.
He ain't Zoro or Luffy, there's no CoC, Mihawk or titles for him. This is beyond shitpost territory, you need to get a new gimmick. :kobeha:

Who cares about the star thing.

Zoro literally confirmed that for Sanji Is too hard to deal with two of them, not to deal with King.

In the eyes of Zoro, Sanji and Marco fighting agasint King and Queen or fighting against 2 King or fighting against 2 Queen Is more or less the same thing.

Who cares about the star thing.

Zoro literally confirmed that for Sanji Is too hard to deal with two of them, not to deal with King.

In the eyes of Zoro, Sanji and Marco fighting agasint King and Queen or fighting against 2 King or fighting against 2 Queen Is more or less the same thing.
In the eyes of Zoro and Marco, Queen and Lanji are 2 invisible fodders that can't even touch them, how many times did King one tap Lanji, 3, 4 times? :kobeha:

In the eyes of Zoro and Marco, Queen and Lanji are 2 invisible fodders that can't even touch them, how many times did King one tap Lanji, 3, 4 times? :kobeha:
Just wrong, Zoro said that Sanji can't deal with 2 of them, Zoro recognized Wanji can fight your dear Ling.

Also how many times has Ling failed to kill Sanji? :suresure:

A pre genes nerfed one, King got lucky he never experienced the Blue fame. :kuzanshut:

Just wrong, Zoro said that Sanji can't deal with 2 of them, Zoro recognized Wanji can fight your dear Ling.

Also how many times has Ling failed to kill Sanji? :suresure:

A pre genes nerfed one, King got lucky he never experienced the Blue fame. :kuzanshut:
A glowing leg is hurting King as much as flashlight, not taking into consideration that the n°4 can't even hit him, couldn't even hit a fatass slower than Chopper without cheapshots. :kobeha:

Shut the fuck up! No one cares!!! Even VIZ/Stephen corrected their agendas and called them wings. But almighty Crunchyroll > this silly translations!!!

Zoro is the star and the episode title doesn't matter. Jimbe > Sanji after all!!! Look at the bounties and the Lucci rival Who is Who

I'm not a Sanji fan, first and foremost.

"Hanagata" has factually been used as plural before and was the main choice for this line by both official and non-official translators.

The scene is about two raising stars (which "hanagata" commonly refers to) taking over the Old Era (Marco) to take the current lead performers (King and Queen) down. That's the narrative here, which is why the whole storytelling parallels Zoro and Sanji as opposed to King and Queen, whose condition of performers (the two of them) is what lays the foundation for Marco using "hanagata"; therefore needing two new stars for the two old stars. Unlike previous skirmishes, this scene marks the actual start of the final, one-on-one clash that will take King and Queen down; hence why it's now stressed the meanings of the New Era taking over and Luffy getting closer to his dream of Pirate King thanks to his Wings.

You are free to keep thinking it's about Zoro physically coming to the stage. Makes zero narrative sense and it's significantly more clumsy and naive, but go ahead; how you say Zoro is the only option that makes sense in spite of the huge metaphorical weight in my version compared to your simplistic approach is enough for me to give up on you.

Marco gives up on the two lead performers; then speaks of "hanagata" taking over (Marco representing the Old Era); then Zoro and Sanji strike King and Queen together; then they reflect on how this will help Luffy achieve his dream (bringing the New Era); then the editor adds a note referring to the appearance of the two Wings...

...yet it's all about Zoro physically coming to fight. Can't help it.
Post automatically merged:

I'm not a "sanjistan", said tons of times my favourite Straw Hats are Jinbe, Usopp and Franky and I've publicly criticized Oda's handling of Sanji as a character.

Marco is talking about actors taking over him in order to face the lead performers. "Hanagata" is used because of King and Queen; "star" isn't a translation void of context, it needs King and Queen to make sense, and therefore Zoro and Sanji as those dethroning them from then on and taking their spots as lead actors.

The context requires two actors (young starts, more precisely) because it begins with another two well-established lead performers.

And surely I'm the sad one, not the man-children here understanding Marco's scene the way Ron Swanson understood Moby Dick:

"Marco meant the two actors of the New Era taking over himself, a remnant of the Old Era, in order to defeat the lead performers King and Queen —hence using a kabuki term commonly meant for young stars, with the next scene wholly depicting Zoro and Sanji together as they definitely confront Kaidou's top men to help Luffy bring the New Era? Haha, no, it's just Zoro stepping on some floor".

All of these just to not include the CONTEXT where Zoro is the one that is about to enter the scene where everyone is already there including Sanji.

If there already is a teacher in the class, and one of the students about to introduce a new teacher to enter the class, it would be HELLA DUMB to introduce the person as "Here comes the TeacherSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

lmao

STOP THE FKN COPE AND START READING THINGS IN CONTEXT (not just the definition of the words)

All of these just to not include the CONTEXT where Zoro is the one that is about to enter the scene where everyone is already there including Sanji.

If there already is a teacher in the class, and one of the students about to introduce a new teacher to enter the class, it would be HELLA DUMB to introduce the person as "Here comes the TeacherSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

lmao

STOP THE FKN COPE AND START READING THINGS IN CONTEXT (not just the definition of the words)
God, how long has it been since this discussion?

The context is Zoro and Sanji main versus finally starting in a definitive way. The context is Marco giving up against King and Queen, the two of them. The context is Zoro and Sanji jumping at the same time against their adversaries. The context is Zoro and Sanji being emphasized as Luffy's wings right after Marco's statement and as closure for the chapter.

Believing the context here is Zoro physically getting to the room is absurd. The context is about their individual versus finally starting and Marco finally giving up for the new generation to take the seat. From the moment Marco gives up on fighting King AND Queen (two people) and he says it's time for the stars to take the stage, everything, literally everything becomes about the pair of Zoro AND Sanji.

For Zoro to be the star here, King would be the focus; but he isn't. Nor is Zoro. It's all about King and Queen, who are the top performers, and therefore about Zoro and Sanji, who are the rising stars.

The stage is metaphorical, not literal, genius.

God, how long has it been since this discussion?

The context is Zoro and Sanji main versus finally starting in a definitive way. The context is Marco giving up against King and Queen, the two of them. The context is Zoro and Sanji jumping at the same time against their adversaries. The context is Zoro and Sanji being emphasized as Luffy's wings right after Marco's statement and as closure for the chapter.

Believing the context here is Zoro physically getting to the room is absurd. The context is about their individual versus finally starting and Marco finally giving up for the new generation to take the seat. From the moment Marco gives up on fighting King AND Queen (two people) and he says it's time for the stars to take the stage, everything, literally everything becomes about the pair of Zoro AND Sanji.

For Zoro to be the star here, King would be the focus; but he isn't. Nor is Zoro. It's all about King and Queen, who are the top performers, and therefore about Zoro and Sanji, who are the rising stars.

The stage is metaphorical, not literal, genius.

Where the hell did you get from my response that I said the stage is the actual stage in the hall? You want to prove me wrong, and yet you're making this false assumption. Reading isn't your strong suit huh? Obviously the stage is metaphorical. If I want to introduce a new teacher, and I said "it's time for the new star to take the stage" obviously I meant the teacher's presence to be known to the students. fkn hell....

You said : "The context is Zoro and Sanji main versus finally starting in a definitive way. The context is Marco giving up against King and Queen, the two of them. The context is Zoro and Sanji jumping at the same time against their adversaries. The context is Zoro and Sanji being emphasized as Luffy's wings right after Marco's statement and as closure for the chapter.

Believing the context here is Zoro physically getting to the room is absurd. The context is about their individual versus finally starting and Marco finally giving up for the new generation to take the seat."

Make up your damn mind!!!! LMFAO

1) Sanji is already on the stage (obviously metaphorically) https://s14.mbbcdn.com/res/manga/on...jpg?acc=n7aq-v-CUZjSEWEn_rqfRw&exp=1709020800

Marco ain't blind.

2) Suppose we're in a fighting match in a ring where King, Queen and Sanji is in it, while Zoro is outside trying to get back in.
If I saw Zoro about to enter the ring, my brain would be telling me to say "Oh, here he is..." and not "Oh, here they are..." REGARDLESS whether both Zoro and Sanji defeated King and Queen at the same time afterwards, or not.

It's fkn embarrassing that I have to explain all these to you. Stop being a stubborn-head and accept that you're wrong.