One Piece Episode 1046 - Taking a Chance! Both Wings Go into Battle!

Rate?

• Total voters
Seems like only Sanji fans want it to be plural... Either way, I dont care. Sanji and Zoro havent shared anything in that fight other than couple of panels and then each went to a separate location. However, it can absolutely be about Zoro alone because he is the only star who wasnt on that stage already while Sanji and Queen have already been fighting each other...
If Sanji is the star, he was already on the stage. Zoro is the only one who makes sense because he didnt take that stage due to injuries.
I'm not a Sanji fan, first and foremost.

"Hanagata" has factually been used as plural before and was the main choice for this line by both official and non-official translators.

The scene is about two raising stars (which "hanagata" commonly refers to) taking over the Old Era (Marco) to take the current lead performers (King and Queen) down. That's the narrative here, which is why the whole storytelling parallels Zoro and Sanji as opposed to King and Queen, whose condition of performers (the two of them) is what lays the foundation for Marco using "hanagata"; therefore needing two new stars for the two old stars. Unlike previous skirmishes, this scene marks the actual start of the final, one-on-one clash that will take King and Queen down; hence why it's now stressed the meanings of the New Era taking over and Luffy getting closer to his dream of Pirate King thanks to his Wings.

You are free to keep thinking it's about Zoro physically coming to the stage. Makes zero narrative sense and it's significantly more clumsy and naive, but go ahead; how you say Zoro is the only option that makes sense in spite of the huge metaphorical weight in my version compared to your simplistic approach is enough for me to give up on you.

Marco gives up on the two lead performers; then speaks of "hanagata" taking over (Marco representing the Old Era); then Zoro and Sanji strike King and Queen together; then they reflect on how this will help Luffy achieve his dream (bringing the New Era); then the editor adds a note referring to the appearance of the two Wings...

...yet it's all about Zoro physically coming to fight. Can't help it.
Post automatically merged:

Gonna say it 1 last time, not bothered about entertaining some sanjistan that cant hack his boy not being as relevant as Zoro in the grand scheme of things.

Marco says 1 star actor/player is gonna take the stage. The stage already has 4 people on it. They are King, Marco, Queen and sanji. This statement is directly followed by Zoro joining them on the stage.

The nursery level logic that every human should have by default, should tell you that Marco, was talking about Zoro. Even without having to look at japanese to english translations.

Zoro is 1 of 3 protagonists and in this case is the main protagonist Marco is talking about. The context requires 1 singular player/actor and that's Zoro.

Now cope someplace else cause this is just so funny it's sad now 😭
I'm not a "sanjistan", said tons of times my favourite Straw Hats are Jinbe, Usopp and Franky and I've publicly criticized Oda's handling of Sanji as a character.

Marco is talking about actors taking over him in order to face the lead performers. "Hanagata" is used because of King and Queen; "star" isn't a translation void of context, it needs King and Queen to make sense, and therefore Zoro and Sanji as those dethroning them from then on and taking their spots as lead actors.

The context requires two actors (young starts, more precisely) because it begins with another two well-established lead performers.

And surely I'm the sad one, not the man-children here understanding Marco's scene the way Ron Swanson understood Moby Dick:

"Marco meant the two actors of the New Era taking over himself, a remnant of the Old Era, in order to defeat the lead performers King and Queen —hence using a kabuki term commonly meant for young stars, with the next scene wholly depicting Zoro and Sanji together as they definitely confront Kaidou's top men to help Luffy bring the New Era? Haha, no, it's just Zoro stepping on some floor".

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I'm not a Sanji fan, first and foremost.

"Hanagata" has factually been used as plural before and was the main choice for this line by both official and non-official translators.

The scene is about two raising stars (which "hanagata" commonly refers to) taking over the Old Era (Marco) to take the current lead performers (King and Queen) down. That's the narrative here, which is why the whole storytelling parallels Zoro and Sanji as opposed to King and Queen, whose condition of performers (the two of them) is what lays the foundation for Marco using "hanagata"; therefore needing two new stars for the two old stars. Unlike previous skirmishes, this scene marks the actual start of the final, one-on-one clash that will take King and Queen down; hence why it's now stressed the meanings of the New Era taking over and Luffy getting closer to his dream of Pirate King thanks to his Wings.

You are free to keep thinking it's about Zoro physically coming to the stage. Makes zero narrative sense and it's significantly more clumsy and naive, but go ahead; how you say Zoro is the only option that makes sense in spite of the huge metaphorical weight in my version compared to your simplistic approach is enough for me to give up on you.

Marco gives up on the two lead performers; then speaks of "hanagata" taking over (Marco representing the Old Era); then Zoro and Sanji strike King and Queen together; then they reflect on how this will help Luffy achieve his dream (bringing the New Era); then the editor adds a note referring to the appearance of the two Wings...

...yet it's all about Zoro physically coming to fight. Can't help it.
As I said, I am not bothered whether it is singular or plural. I always assumed it was plural due to both Sanji and Zoro attacking together.
However, now I think it might have refered to Zoro alone because he is the star who took the stage while Sanji already took that stage long before Zoro recovered.

Whoever animated this episode really loves Zoro.

Changed Marco's line so that he says "here comes the star" and Zoro saves him from Queen, whereas in the manga he says "here come the stars" and he gets saved by Zoro and Sanji at the same time.
Wrong, Marco said the exact same thing in the manga (Hanagata Tōjō). Lanji already has his non existent wings title that candies use as if that shit was an official rank in the crew or something.:phoenixmarco:

Wrong, Marco said the exact same thing in the manga (Hanagata Tōjō). Lanji already has his non existent wings title that candies use as if that shit was an official rank in the crew or something.:phoenixmarco:
Wings of the pirate king = words actually in the manga to describe Sanji
muh Vice Captain = words never said to describe zolo's role no matter how much zoroaches online pretend otherwise in their circlejerking. not to mention that Oda outright deconfirmed it in a SBS

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I'm not going to lie one of the best episodes of Wano for me, Zoro really felt like he had changed the entire battlefield when he entered the scene with a pomp worthy of comments his return looked like he had risen from the ashes with him starring in the scene of cut a laser in half like it was nothing (Kizaru will be lucky if he doesn't face him)...

Undoubtedly the strongest star took the stage.