Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
Because queens already spit his rhetoric 50 times throughput the fight already. We don't need it again. It discredits breaking the rs by bringing that bs up again.
Not really? Actually, it is a big area of improvement from the manga.

The alluded to ideas that Sanji could become a heartless monster, but the anime really runs with that idea and has Queen more completely emphasize it, with him viewing Sanji's new strength as something that could turn him into a monster antithetical to who Sanji was as a person.

The point of ifrit jambe was to showcase he was on a new level and queen ate his attacks and laughed at him. Without a single scratch.
Yes, and he showed that by clowning on Queen.

The fact Queen got up after that initial barrage does not take away from the fact that he absolutely dominated Queen with that new power.

Hell, even Queen's reaction to Sanji's strength changes, with Queen finally envisioning Sanji as someone fully wielding the power of Germa, something Sanji denies rhetorically.

Also, it actually adds to a point that people have brought up. Sanji's new strength is due to his Germa genes. Thats not thematically challenged in the manga itself to the same degree it is challenged in the anime, with the anime having an even more concrete affirmation of Sanji's identity.
Such downplay of sanjis power. Then next attack launches queen sure. But it more looks like sanji won through kicking him far away and not a knock out. I'd expect queen to come back next chapter if I was anime only.
Not going to lie, thats because your an idiot. The entire final sequence with Sanji makes it very clear that Sanji's final move was more than enough to KO queen.

What do you think that whole intense sequence focusing on their facial expressions was supposed to demonstrate? It literally showed Queen getting completely overwhelmed by the strength of the attack.

Him flying away afterwards was just the finishing touches.
ot to mention the impact of the attack was Abysmal and the end result of ifrit jambe was an explosion. So big it was the size of a moutain

But in the anime it doesn't even travel down the hall

Then when you look at how far queen flew

Then you look at the anime and only wonder what the fuck they were thinking
The anime was better.

I think the choice to show Queen after he was beaten flying through a dozen walls at high speed was an excellent way of emphasizing the extreme power of the attack beyond just "he appears outside of onigashima".
Post automatically merged:

It's not cap. It's accurate clown. Quit defending garbage

In the manga and anime sanji was raw dogging until his mind started to get cloudy
In the manga, Sanji wasn't doing anything to Queen. Yes, he landed a few attacks, but none of his attacks were remotely effective, and Queen was shown to be more than capable of overpowering Sanji before he powered up.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yeah this is cap.

The anime intentionally highlighted how much of an advantage IJ gave him over Queen.

Throughout the episode, Sanji had been struggling to match up to Queen. But finally, with IJ, he took the fight into his own hands and completely and easily dominated Queen.

I don't see how thats "no different from diable janbe".

He never laughed off or dismised IJ. In fact, he praised how powerful it was, and even said that this is indeed the power he'd been wanting to see, a major change in attitude from the rest of the fight.
Idk why you're bothering to lie, Queen quite literally laughed it off, it's in the episode we can all see it lmao.

Idk why you're bothering to lie, Queen quite literally laughed it off, it's in the episode we can all see it lmao.
Bro, he praised Sanji's strength for being a representation of Germa.

And again, that segwayed nicely into confronting the idea that even Sanji's current strength is a result of his fathers meddling, and him blowing away those doubts in order to land the finishing blow on Queen.

Eh. Queen ate that shit and then laughed at him. Soon as his first 20 attacks with ifrit had landed. Wasn't even a moment of hesitation. Queen was up and laughing without a mark on him.

I'm really annoyed by the lack of lightning.

I'm annoyed that queen got launched a quarter the distance and height that the manga showed.

I'm annoyed Queen was eating ifrit attacks like it was nothing and then laughing at him.

I'm annoyed they changed the speed feat scene completely and made it look horrendous

There's numerous inaccuracies when comparing with the manga. Sanji looks significantly weaker than he was portrayed in the manga.

Sanji destroyed Queen in the manga. The anime made it look high diff as fuck and downplayed every single one of his feats

His speed looked fast relative to Queen and wasn't portrayed as a blitz on someone in the middle of a blitz.

His fire didn't have lightning. Downplaying the Temps.

The blast radius from beef burst didn't blow out the side of the skull covering enough area to be a small moutain

That radius easily covers almost half the horn and easily swallows up a moutain or two

The animation was nice. But sanji was downplayed. Simple as that
Still true no matter how pretty this shit was

Diable jambe looks stronger

Lol Jazz is hardcore anime stanner. I haven't seen him ever speaking bad about it
I had to stop responding to him because he was straight up lying about what happened in the anime😂

It's a valid opinion and very real criticism. What I'm pointing out are very real issues in the episode. It looked pretty but the best parts of the power ups are fucked up. Whether it be through effect or the actual canon changing.

Was the speed blitz scene good at all in your opinion?😂

Does the impact and launching of queen satisfy you when they leave out the mtn sized explosion in exchange for dust clouds and concrete walls?

(Idk about you but the explosion would look way better and portray him accurately as the power house he is)

Did ifrit look super strong when queen immediately laughed off the 30 attacks sanji hit him with using ifrit? Without a scratch?

Where was the lightning? Did you like sanjis coc equivalent not getting the same portrayal as zoro and luffys power ups?

Idk man I'm just saying. Each of sanjis main powerups were underrepresented even if the animation was fluid and the colors were nice.

I enjoyed the character moments with zeff and stuff. That was nice. But this is sanjis only big fight in 15 years. I'd have liked if he was represented correctly.

Last edited:
I had to stop responding to him because he was straight up lying about what happened in the anime😂

It's a valid opinion and very real criticism. What I'm pointing out are very real issues in the episode. It looked pretty but the best parts of the power ups are fucked up. Whether it be through effect or the actual canon changing.

Was the speed blitz scene good at all in your opinion?😂

Does the impact and launching of queen satisfy you when they leave out the mtn sized explosion in exchange for dust clouds and concrete walls?

(Idk about you but the explosion would look way better and portray him accurately as the power house he is)

Did ifrit look super strong when queen immediately laughed off the 30 attacks sanji hit him with using ifrit? Without a scratch?

Where was the lightning? Did you like sanjis coc equivalent not getting the same portrayal as zoro and luffys power ups?

Idk man I'm just saying. Each of sanjis main powerups were underrepresented even if the animation was fluid and the colors were nice.

I enjoyed the character moments with zeff and stuff. That was nice. But this is sanjis only big fight in 15 years. I'd have liked if he was represented correctly.
The Attack Power was accurately represented , the lightning is meh, white lightning has never mattered in the manga tbh unless your Big Mom or Enel. It was probably there for impact effect.

And I promise after this fight nobody will ever talk about Jabra

Queen is going up (mistake 1) . Animation shows horizantally.
Queen is raising over the Onigashime (mistake 2 ). Animation shows direct fall.
Queen lost one teeth and explosion totally burned him. (mistake 3). Animation shows just bleeding .
Queens body with the IJ totally exploded all side buildings. (mistake 4). We have just seen small area.
Even after kick , Just look at the drawings around Sanji and Queen. The kick is so fast that the effect is still drawed by Oda. (mistake 5). Animation shows it was not like nothing.
Sanji is lost in the explosion and first panel is not given. I cannot say this is mistake. This is disaster. Sanjis kick impact could not have been depicted worse than it .
Just with three panel , they made 6 major mistake. Think about rest of animation sequences :))))

Manga reader can hate this animation. Those who haven't read the manga will hate this episode.

Queen lost one teeth and explosion totally burned him. (mistake 3). Animation shows just bleeding .
Queens body with the IJ totally exploded all side buildings. (mistake 4). We have just seen small area.
Even after kick , Just look at the drawings around Sanji and Queen. The kick is so fast that the effect is still drawed by Oda. (mistake 5). Animation shows it was not like nothing.
Sanji is lost in the explosion and first panel is not given. I cannot say this is mistake. This is disaster. Sanjis kick impact could not have been depicted worse than it .
Just with three panel , they made 6 major mistake. Think about rest of animation sequences :))))

Manga reader can hate this animation. Those who haven't read the manga will hate this episode.

Exactly. Plus the speed feat was shit too

The main criticisms, which aren't exactly even criticisms are "it wasn't exactly like the manga". Which is good.

One of the things that had always held back OP's anime and animation more generally was its orthodoxy to try and recreate every single manga panel as it was.

Shifting things around for the sake of spectacle and storytelling works just fine lol.
Exactly. Plus the speed feat was shit too
I don't see the issue with that one lol.

None of these are animation mistakes. These are literally just differences between the anime and manga. Those aren't mistakes. I think the changes worked for the benefit of the storytelling.

MonsterZoro

Bald Spoiler Provider
The main criticisms, which aren't exactly even criticisms are "it wasn't exactly like the manga". Which is good.

One of the things that had always held back OP's anime and animation more generally was its orthodoxy to try and recreate every single manga panel as it was.

Shifting things around for the sake of spectacle and storytelling works just fine lol.

I don't see the issue with that one lol.

None of these are animation mistakes. These are literally just differences between the anime and manga. Those aren't mistakes. I think the changes worked for the benefit of the storytelling.
bro stop alread lol we know u get paid by anime team

bro stop alread lol we know u get paid by anime team
Nah, its just that people are being revisionist as hell here.

People were incredibly Lukewarm around the finishers for the next two fights due to them being incredibly busy spreads which didn't let the impact of the attacks breathe, and generally looking a bit messy.

I don't see why departing from something that was so messy and quite difficult to read to something that has a better flow that improves the storytelling, and adds a ton of cool lines and character moments is a down grade at all.

My main complaint is about the lack of blood and scratches to represent damage, not only for Queen, which is a problem in most fights this arc. The manga was way better in this aspect, perhaps animating such details is too hard for the animators?

The manga was more straight forward with the attacks, but overall i don't think it makes that much difference (since they didn't properly animate blood and scratches anyway), the amount of attacks were still the same, Queen was dominated, and the last 2 kicks (Boeuf Burst included) were sick as hell.

Before Ifrit Jambe Sanji hits Queen with a super strong regular kick, not even Ifrit Jambe, Queen simply cannot react, then Sanji follows up with Boeuf Burst and wrecks him up.

Which showcase Sanji's current insane physical strength pretty well and gives a glimpse of what we can expect for the future. Again, the simply addition of blood would make all these scenes way more impactful in my opinion

About how much Queen flew away, i agree that the manga has the upper handin this aspect, BUT we need to keep in mind that we only see Queen flying at the start of chapter 1035, while the episode is in nonstop action.

Also the amount of destruction Sanji's kick did to Onigashima was way more intense and clearer here, so it kinda compensates for how far Queen should've been blown away imo, it's like a big part of the energy was dissipated here, while in the manga Queen barely had obstacles to hit, so he just flew straight to the sky, but he still fell close enough to go to Udon with King later.

Queen did lost his teeth as well.

Last edited:
Great episode, beatiful animation and amazing storytelling. This is the One Piece anime at his best.
This episode has combined all Sanji's development at WCI.
All anime original scenes this episode was fantastic him breaking his mask and showing he doesnt need germa.
Ifrit Jambe looks fantastic but i have a nitpick Boeuf Burst supposed to be a barrage of kicks but now its just a generic kick finisher.
Boeuf burst could have done better. 9/10