• 2/5

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 1/5

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
Sanji vs Queen was shit in the manga.

IJ needs colour to differentiate it from DJ.

Oda Bouef Burst was split between two chapters so the impact the first week was very meh, with some people wondering if the fight was over or not.

Sanji vs Queen just was not good as a fight. The only way to enjoy it is as a vehicle to Sanji’s Germa character development, if that’s something you liked.

The main criticisms, which aren't exactly even criticisms are "it wasn't exactly like the manga". Which is good.

One of the things that had always held back OP's anime and animation more generally was its orthodoxy to try and recreate every single manga panel as it was.

Shifting things around for the sake of spectacle and storytelling works just fine lol.
Yep pretty much agreed, unlike some people I've been really enjoying the Wano arc in the anime. Yeah it's not perfect and it still has some issues, but overall I don't think it's that bad.

The problem is that this forum has so many anime haters and people who are bias against Toei, that even when the staff at Toei goes all out for an episode you will still have some users who will find a way to downplay the episode as well as nitpick it.

And again because some users here are so bias against Toei they will find any excuses they can to downplay the episode even if that episode ends up being really good, not saying users here aren't allowed to criticize these episodes but the problem is that some of these criticism aren't even criticism they are just simply hating on the episode because for them it has to be completely perfect no matter what and if it isn't well that means the episode is bad.

powerscaling brainrot
Nothing but a bunch of meatheads, like seriously for once just watch the episode without thinking about power levels.

Last edited:
Yep pretty much agreed, unlike some people I've been really enjoying the Wano arc in the anime. Yeah it's not perfect and it still has some issues, but overall I don't think it's that bad.

The problem is that this forum has so many anime haters and people who are bias against Toei, that even when the staff at Toei goes all out for an episode you will still have some users who will find a way to downplay the episode as well as nitpick it.

And again because some users here are so bias against Toei they will find any excuses they can to downplay the episode even if that episode ends up being really good, not saying users here aren't allowed to criticize these episodes but the problem is that some of these criticism aren't even criticism they are just simply hating on the episode because for them it has to be completely perfect no matter what and if it isn't well that means the episode is bad.
Yeah, I think criticism is fine.

For me, the first half of the episode was a bit too heavy on flashbacks, and while it had lots of nice stuff and was really well directed, the stuff in the latter half of the episode was just much stronger I'd say.

Thats a better criticism of the episode than "it did have enough lightning effects".

I will also say, I don't think One Piece has the best sound design. That wasn't too much of an issue this episode, but its just a general sort of criticism overall, and it definitely can hamper things at time.

Its strange to me that most of the criticisms for the episode were around its absolute strongest scenes over areas where it did have some short comings.

The main criticisms, which aren't exactly even criticisms are "it wasn't exactly like the manga". Which is good.

One of the things that had always held back OP's anime and animation more generally was its orthodoxy to try and recreate every single manga panel as it was.

Shifting things around for the sake of spectacle and storytelling works just fine lol.

I don't see the issue with that one lol.

None of these are animation mistakes. These are literally just differences between the anime and manga. Those aren't mistakes. I think the changes worked for the benefit of the storytelling.
What benefit are you talking about my gee? Imagine zoro vrs king and zoro is shown cutting king but his wings is not cut off and the acoc emphasis is just thrown out the door and king trips and falls off onigashima instead of getting sent flying after the cut. Same shit . Sanji and queen could have being shit all throughout the anime as long as they left the ending as it is am Gucci. Mofos changed the whole sequence and made the emphasis oda placed on ifrit loose its cause . You can't even make this shit up

Sanji vs Queen was shit in the manga.

IJ needs colour to differentiate it from DJ.

Oda Bouef Burst was split between two chapters so the impact the first week was very meh, with some people wondering if the fight was over or not.

Sanji vs Queen just was not good as a fight. The only way to enjoy it is as a vehicle to Sanji’s Germa character development, if that’s something you liked.
No it needed lightning and overwhelming strength to launch queen miles up and away... in order to differentiate

Not the strength to kick him to the Island edge and no lightning

Nor did it need the anime showing queen eating an ifrit jambe barrage with a chuckle and no scratches

Honestly looks like sanji won because he launched queen and not because it was a ko

What benefit are you talking about my gee? Imagine zoro vrs king and zoro is shown cutting king but his wings is not cut off and the acoc emphasis is just thrown out the door and king trips and falls off onigashima instead of getting sent flying after the cut. Same shit .
How is that remotely the same shit?

I could definitely see an improvement being made to the finale for Zoro vs King in the anime in a similar way to this fight was improved upon.

First off, they could shift focus away from Zoro cutting the dragon, and focus in on Zoro actually moving in to cut King. The panelling for that final double spread of the fight is just very confusing and incoherent, and has an incredibly strange focus. Instead of focusing on King being cut, for some reason the double spread re-emphasizes the fact that Zoro cut the fire dragon, something we'd already seen in a panel before that? And as a result, King and Zoro are really tiny parts of the page.

That being changed so that Zoro and King are in fact the main focus would be great.

Hell, I wouldn't mind adding in some reworking for the emotional aspects for both fighters.
Sanji and queen could have being shit all throughout the anime as long as they left the ending as it is am Gucci. Mofos changed the whole sequence and made the emphasis oda placed on ifrit loose its cause . You can't even make this shit up
Yeah, the changed the whole sequence for the better. The breathing room between the beat down and the final blow gave some more time for the emotional struggle of the fight to reach a more fulfilling conclusion, and also just gave time for Sanji to say and do more cool things.

Also, I don't see how the anime loses focus on Ifrit? The anime has a more thematically complex exploration of Sanji's new power than the manga does. They actually tackle the idea that Sanji's new power is a result of the fact he is Judge's son, and more concretely visually demonstrate Sanji breaking away from his past to accept his happier future as a member of the strawhats.

I could definitely see an improvement being made to the finale for Zoro vs King in the anime in a similar way to this fight was improved upon.

First off, they could shift focus away from Zoro cutting the dragon, and focus in on Zoro actually moving in to cut King. The panelling for that final double spread of the fight is just very confusing and incoherent, and has an incredibly strange focus. Instead of focusing on King being cut, for some reason the double spread re-emphasizes the fact that Zoro cut the fire dragon, something we'd already seen in a panel before that? And as a result, King and Zoro are really tiny parts of the page.

That being changed so that Zoro and King are in fact the main focus would be great.

Hell, I wouldn't mind adding in some reworking for the emotional aspects for both fighters.

Yeah, the changed the whole sequence for the better. The breathing room between the beat down and the final blow gave some more time for the emotional struggle of the fight to reach a more fulfilling conclusion, and also just gave time for Sanji to say and do more cool things.

Also, I don't see how the anime loses focus on Ifrit? The anime has a more thematically complex exploration of Sanji's new power than the manga does. They actually tackle the idea that Sanji's new power is a result of the fact he is Judge's son, and more concretely visually demonstrate Sanji breaking away from his past to accept his happier future as a member of the strawhats.
Bro it's fucking garbage and undersells sanjis power. Shut the fuck up already

These are valid complaints

Bro, it doesn't undersell Sanji at all lol. The fight gave Sanji's strength a really great sense of scale.

It literally showed his regular kicks having this kind of impact.

I would hardly say thats "underselling Sanji's power".
It downplayed sanjis actual strength and took away from each of his power ups.

Sanji is physically stronger than shown. He didn't kick queen to the edge of onigashima he kicked him above and beyond into the fucking stratosphere

His Temps are downplayed with no lightning. His coc /= parralel with luffy and zoro was destroyed with that "choice."

His super speed is downplayed by having queen react to it at all. They also animated it shittily. It's not accurate to the manga.

Queen was in the middle of a blitz. And then sanji blitzed him. The anime did a shit job showing this.

Ifrit destroyed Queen. In the anime queen laughs his attacks off without a scratch.

You're fucking stupid. Stop defending garbage just because it looked pretty. Sanjis strengths all around were under represented or outright wrong.

Sanji in the manga looks twice as strong as the anime. And that's a fact. Queen was obliterated. Fuck your emotional scene. We don't need a 4th reiteration of the same shit that was already overcome.

The author had sanji overcome queens/judges ideology when he destroyed the rs and faced queens vinsmoke powers. That was the authors narrative decision. It didn't need more.

However I wouldn't have hated on a "little bit more." If the placement was better. You don't have queen eat 20 ifrit attack without a scratch just to laugh at sanji.

Ifrit was supposed to represent a new level. That he was beyond judge and even queen. That through his passion he could create his own power strong enough to surpass the limitation of a cold hearted machine.

You missed the point of the development and fight. You're not a real fan. Stop trying to tell me I'm wrong. You're wrong and delusional as fuck. People are telling you why they're unsatisfied. Heed them.
Post automatically merged:

Forgot to mentiont that ifrit left an explosion the size of a moutain that expanded to almost half the horn.

That's called underselling sanji

Sanji is physically stronger than shown. He didn't kick queen to the edge of onigashima he kicked him above and beyond into the fucking stratosphere

His Temps are downplayed with no lightning. His coc /= parralel with luffy and zoro was destroyed with that "choice."

His super speed is downplayed by having queen react to it at all. They also animated it shittily. It's not accurate to the manga.

Queen was in the middle of a blitz. And then sanji blitzed him. The anime did a shit job showing this.

Ifrit destroyed Queen. In the anime queen laughs his attacks off without a scratch.

You're fucking stupid. Stop defending garbage just because it looked pretty. Sanjis strengths all around were under represented or outright wrong.

Sanji in the manga looks twice as strong as the anime. And that's a fact. Queen was obliterated. Fuck your emotional scene. We don't need a 4th reiteration of the same shit that was already overcome.

The author had sanji overcome queens/judges ideology when he destroyed the rs and faced queens vinsmoke powers. That was the authors narrative decision. It didn't need more.

However I wouldn't have hated on a "little bit more." If the placement was better. You don't have queen eat 20 ifrit attack without a scratch just to laugh at sanji.

Ifrit was supposed to represent a new level. That he was beyond judge and even queen. That through his passion he could create his own power strong enough to surpass the limitation of a cold hearted machine.

You missed the point of the development and fight. You're not a real fan. Stop trying to tell me I'm wrong. You're wrong and delusional as fuck. People are telling you why they're unsatisfied. Heed them.

Forgot to mentiont that ifrit left an explosion the size of a moutain that expanded to almost half the horn.

Bill still in the anger stage.

I found this on Reddit. Someone cut out the Zeff scene.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/13bdd1j
Does that change your opinion? I don't think it makes a difference.

Noone cared about the emotional stuff. We wanted to see ifrit as it was and sanji sending queen flying through the skies . You are just making the stuff up with thematics. The animes emphasis was mainly on the fucking germa gene activation whiles oda was tryna move pass that. As I said, leave the ending the way it was and shit would not have changed . Imagine queen eating 8 ifrit attacks getting back up and taken no damage . And being defeated by ring out . Yikes

Yeah, nah, I don't think I missed the point of the development and the fight at all, especially since I'm not the one talking about fucking temperature and shit lol, lmao.

And again, Sanji still very clearly entered a new level where he went from barely matching up to Queen to actually completely outclassing him in close quarters, which is something he wasn't really doing at all earlier in the fight.

But also, yes, the anime does a better job than the manga of touching on and explictly aknowledging critcisms of the idea that Ifrit is still technically a germa power, but its how Sanji chooses to define himself that really matters.

This goes beyond just the raid suit, and its an area the manga is sort of lacking.

Its why Zoro-stans make fun of sanji for rejecting Germa, but still ultimately winning with the help of his germa genes.(those Zoro stans are dumb, but it does show that Oda didn't really acknowledge that too much in the manga itself).

The anime just expands upon that greatly.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but Ifrit Janbe still sent Queen flying than any other attack lol.

Noone cared about the emotional stuff. We wanted to see ifrit as it was and sanji sending queen flying through the skies . You are just making the stuff up with thematics. The animes emphasis was mainly on the fucking germa gene activation whiles oda was tryna move pass that. As I said, leave the ending the way it was and shit would not have changed . Imagine queen eating 8 ifrit attacks getting back up and taken no damage . And being defeated by ring out . Yikes
Why are you even watching the story if the only shit you care about is fucking power scaling.

And Queen was very clearly defeated by that final Boefe burst. Hell, the anime makes it more immediately explicitly clear than the manga did in chapter 1034 by highlighting Queen getting annihilated by the intensity of the attack before being sent flying away as opposed to just getting blown away.