• 2/5

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Really?

In some ways, yes. The anime expanded upon King's personality. It isn't necessarily filler even, because we know this is how King views the world in general, how he feels about Kaido.
But it makes a world of difference to see it on screen, than just assume from the snippets in a rushed chapter.

But in other ways, it also was the opposite of extension, since they also skipped some parts too as explained below:

But for real though.
This one episode makes me see King in a different light all together. The anime almost made King the protagonist of this episode, even tho it was meant to be Zoro. If this was the guy we saw in the manga, he would be amongst my top 10-15 favs easily. Just this episode boosted King for me.

The final attack was great too. The buildup was GOAT tier. I liked the mini dragons that came out, before the main large "magma Kaido" came out - this distinguishes the final attack from the previous imperial dragon that King used against fodder, except that was smaller. This should've been how manga handled too, but manga rushed the entire thing SMH.
My only gripes is about the finale is what I mentioned in my above post. They skipped Zoro cutting the entire dragon and then slashing King. In the anime, all we saw was a flash - no cutting for dragon into pieces, no scene of the cut. It happened offscreen within the flash
They showed Zoro making multiple cuts inside Dragon you could also hear slashes instead of doing one large cut it was multiple smaller ones in the anime

It was messy. Characters looked like washed out Aquarell painting in some scenes.

Overloaded animation, too much dragons. It looked like an outer control new years eve rocket battery.

In the end of the thay it was orange colour lines Vs green colour lines.

It lacked clear choreography, clear sharp images, not even core scenes where highlighted, it was a mess.

Didn't like it at all. Style was not good in my point of view.

In the end of the day it all I subjective and others might like it, I just wanted to share my point of view.

Thanks.

How is Mihawk v Zoro gonna top this
This one episode blows the entire post TS out of the water in terms of animation.

I expect only Luffy vs Kaido finale to surpass this episode
They showed Zoro making multiple cuts inside Dragon you could also hear slashes instead of doing one large cut it was multiple smaller ones in the anime
Is that so? I only heard one slash in the "final dragon"

lol they actually fixed most of Sanji vs Queen fight in the recap. Now it looks like in the manga. No stupid pause for that stupid scene of Queen getting up and strawhats.

Anyway, this episode was the epitome of less is more.
They overanimated the fuck out of every movement so much that it did it came around and was bad animation again. Even the tiniest movement was straining eyes with how over the top it was and then characters liquified themselves into background before the attacks....

Zoro cutting that 1st big dragon was great but then the attack continued into a regular onigiri and transforming into a lightbeam just like in Zoro vs Killer .... the fuck was that?kingufy

Also, they nerfed Zoro so much. King was actually overpowering and throwing Zoro in his KoH mode around lmao.

Sanji's episode was dogshit as well but at least his final clashed was able to be fixed in the recap by just making few edits. But it's impossible to fix this when Zoro and King looked completely different than the manga and quite literally transformed into beams clashing with no Zoro and King visible anywhere.

The OST, sfx and camera was great this episode though.
Does anyone know why Toei doesn't use these new SFX in all episodes? I remember when Sanji's skywalk had different sfx in episode 1045 and it sounded amazing, just for it to return to the regular shitty sfx the next episode.

Summary:
If you are a toddler this episode is 10/10
If you know what good animation and choreography is, this episode is 5/10