Votes: 4 6.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
Really really like the visuals on the new opening. Ishitani once again shows how vibrant the world and characters of OP can look under her direction. The upbeat song goes well with the scenes in the montage and I guess the overall "feel-good" tone is quite fitting even for what's supposed to be the climax of a high-stakes arc considering our protagonist's new powers and portrayal.

That one battle scene was absolutely insane though. That has to be the longest sequence of top notch animation we've had so far, it just kept going. They did a really good job increasing the scale of the fight from how it was in the manga without going into "aura light show" territory and all the while keeping the over the top dynamism that you would expect from G5. Kaidou also looked great throughout.

Looking forward to the final clash

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Wow Kaido and Luffy fighting whilst several lightning bolts were still about to hit the ground. That's how fast they were, they legit statue'd freaking lightning bolts lmao. @Sasaki Kojirō @MonsterKaido @comrade
I don't know what's more impressive, whether it's Luffy manipulating lightning and using clouds as trampolines or if it's Kaido managing to fight on equal terms and keep up with the speed and pace of someone who does that; Kaido is incredibly strong and incredibly fast.

If we were to calculate the speed of lightning in reality and apply it to the anime, we would find that Kaido's speed is described as somewhat fictional to some extent!! Despite his enormous size, he possesses a very high speed, for now, he's in first place until Kizaru shows more feats.

I don't know what's more impressive, whether it's Luffy manipulating lightning and using clouds as trampolines or if it's Kaido managing to fight on equal terms and keep up with the speed and pace of someone who does that; Kaido is incredibly strong and incredibly fast.

If we were to calculate the speed of lightning in reality and apply it to the anime, we would find that Kaido's speed is described as somewhat fictional to some extent!! Despite his enormous size, he possesses a very high speed, for now, he's in first place until Kizaru shows more feats.
Does that mean fat mom would be troublesome for goofy too
:choppawhat:

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Poses the question why Kaido doesn’t simply eat Luffy.

Oh yeah, he did try that.
That wouldn't work, I think it was two times that Kaido tried to bite Luffy, one in which he chewed on Luffy around 1002 to 1004, another after Gear 5, if my memory serves me right, around 1043 or 1044, and accidentally ended up swallowing Luffy. Lol.

C

CensoredbyWG

I felt the same thing i did when reading the manga, kaido was dominating the fight and had ZERO visible damage and then, all of a sudden, luffy wins the power struggle lol.

I felt the same thing i did when reading the manga, kaido was dominating the fight and had ZERO visible damage and then, all of a sudden, luffy wins the power struggle lol.
Tbf I feel like the anime this far has captured the idea of Luffy winning way better, because they give a ton more wacky context to Luffy's fighting style in Gear 5 that Oda just doesnt spend time on.

Tbf I feel like the anime this far has captured the idea of Luffy winning way better, because they give a ton more wacky context to Luffy's fighting style in Gear 5 that Oda just doesnt spend time on.
Except the author's intent is what matters. And the author's intent was to dick around to show off what Gear 5 is before using Bajrang Gun, which was the main event.