One Piece Episode 925 - Dashing! The Righteous O-Soba Mask!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 0/5

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a lil embarrassed that I was lowkey hype for this fight in the anime:lawsigh: lolz. Can't even be mad tho, as Toei are very notorious for things like this. They seem to prioritize aesthetics over reason, time and time again which just goes to show where their priorities lie. Too knackered to have a go at them so I'm just gonna skip that lolz....Blatant negatives aside, the fight sequences were actually really good tho, so credit to whoever it was that animated it. I also really enjoyed the little Sanji/Law interactions, with Law going from being a stealth black/hater like Sanji to actually rooting for him and becoming a fan:ROFLMAO:. Law's character is awesome as is, but I also really like this kinda geeky side to him :p

As a manga reader, I can't really appreciate this episode as Toei took so much liberties with it (so much so that they've prolly dug themselves a hole they won't be able to get out of with regards to justifying how P1 completely disappears from the manga after that fight") but I'm guessing the anime-onlys that are ignorant of the way the scene played out in the manga will appreciate it more.
You cant appreciate it but still want watch they content? Sad

That was so sick. A good 80%+ of the episode was on Sanji vs Page One and it looked so focused and clean.

Stealth Black is amazing to see come to life. Sanji in black looks way better than his brothers. I love the cape, I love the belt, hair looked good, I'm not a fan of the Germa footwear and the noise it makes but instantly accelating Sanji into the sky is cool. Naked Sanji transformation, there's your fanservice. I love Soba Mask's funny hand gestures, unfortunately I wasn't so hot on his Germa music. The invisibility effect looked the same as Shiryu, hard to enjoy when the character literally goes invisible! The shield projected from the cape was an interesting addition that made Page One look helpless. And that sky drop Soba kick, oh man, I felt the same way in the manga and here too that is easily one of Sanji's most stylish attacks in the series. That's the main reason I want Sanji to keep the suit.

Page One came out of this looking well too. The Spinosaurus was fluid and well animated the entire time, I liked how his body stretched and contorted to Sanji's attacks to emphasize power. Hybrid Page One is one of the best hybrid Zoan designs and this episode did him justice. The clothing is a perfect fit, the hair is rockin', and he has perfect bulky proportions unlike transformations such as Lucci or Jabra that lose their legs and gain some thin-looking limbs. Page One was a monster the entire time taking all these raidsuit attacks and then quickly recovering. Another monster like Oven was speedblitzed by regular Sanji and left coughing blood on the floor after an attack by Ichiji. Ancient Zoan hype. These are the powers King, Queen, Jack and Drake use so everything Page One ate here translates to them in the eyes of the viewers.

I was expecting none of the Oniwabanshu to be dressed in black like a ninja and somehow it almost came true. I don't mind their color schemes at all, but it's just so funny that even the big fat stereotypically robed ninja is actually bright yellow. This man was Naruto's disciple. Oh, and the giant catfish is pink too so go figure.

Kid ends up breaking out of his cell and having an adventure outside. Completely offscreened in the manga so I really hope the anime provides full details. Kid's prison break out filler has me interested.

Komurasaki strumming her theme again, lovely way to enter the final sequence of the episode. Preferably, I would like to see Sanji vs Page One revisited and properly concluded despite the risk of people getting mad at an anime-orignal fight script. It would suck, but the fight could be left just like this. Oda did not show us how long the fight took, if Sanji finished it a minute after the others left or took so long that eventually was forced to abandon it before Drake appeared. If Page One is actually defeated or he'll just show up again later in the arc. Too many questions for anime to make something up. I really hope Oda gave input to Toei so the anime can give this fight a proper resolution. But what we got this episode is one for the countless AMVs.

I might be wrong but I remember oda says that the anime can show stuff that he didnt have time to draw in the manga. Like with Sabo's story in the Revos.

He uses the anime to help add depth and info that he could not. Am not sure if he does this all the time or if it is a once in a blue moon scenario.

However, since he already said that anime can give extra info when he doesnt have enough time to draw then I will take this Sanji vs P1 fight in the anime as cannon.Unless it is stated in the manga that Sanji indeed defeated P1.

So far the anime team has shown that they have insider info eg the showed Kyoshiro as partof the red scarbads even before it was released in manga. Couple that with Oda's addition, Idoubt Oda would let them get such a hugething as the outcome of the Sanji and P1 fight wrong.

Iirc, Oda also said something to the effect that the anime team normally consult with Oda aboutthe direction to take in order to best recreate Oda's intention.
By that logic we should take every account Canon where even Luffy and Zoro couldn't stop Batman and Gazelleman in that extended fight then.

By that logic we should take every account Canon where even Luffy and Zoro couldn't stop Batman and Gazelleman in that extended fight then.
I dont see why not.

In the manga they were not able to stop gazelleman from kidnapping.

It would be completely different if in the manga gazelman was stopped but in the anime he ran away.

Anayway like I said earlier am not sure if anime team consults with Oda at all times and if Oda always uses the anime to show stuff he couldn't draw.

All I know is that it was stated by Oda that he used the anime to show stuff he can't draw and that anime team doesnt consult him. Whether this scenario was a one time thing or a regular scenario is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.