Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 1/5

• 0/5

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a last moment side character and he has no value against a main character who has a dream based on strength the true rival of luffy is BB and that was showed when morgans talked about the fifth emperor teach said it's still early no mention of kidd or your other side characters .:gokulaugh:
▪ Zoro fought Hody under water and was the arc boss and you get destroyed with your headcanons again .:suresure:
▪WB sweated against Oden then he was scared of him wait it wasn't cuz he adknoweldged his strength and he got sent flying by Roger who is WB equal in strength .:milaugh:
▪lol he went there to talk about a pirate and he covered himself to not be seen lmfao while legendary pirates didn't do that and his captain himself didn't do that with WB and other yonkos even luffy wouldn't do that what can u expect from a trash :endthis::kata:
His rivals are Kidd and Law currently. You can add Teach there :kayneshrug: We even had them approaching Onagashima together where they argued about who will do what. That's clear portrayal from Oda. We even had Luffy and Kidd going through the same training in prison. Then we had Zoro equal a nerfed killer. This was an underling of Kidd. Which means Kidd beats Zoro mid-high diff. Law probably beats him with the same diff.

So you named one exception? I am talking about extreme diff fights for Luffy. Luffy has been fighting Yonko Commanders while Zoro struggles with Pleasures and Headliners:smithnie:

Yeah WB did sweat but still did something, Akainu was too scared to do anything to Shanks:endthis: I mean if you getr speedblitzed you would also sweat. He knew Shanks could have just killed him there.

Shanks is the freest on the sea :steef: You are mad your fav character can't go talk to the Gorosei anytime he wants

I mean that's about as relevant as Luffy being side character to Zoro's dream.
Zoro is actually main character to Luffy's dream because Luffy's dream without Zoro would have
Ended in Alabasta
Ended in Skypea
Ended in Water 7
Ended in Fishman Island
Ended in Punk Hazard
Ended in Dressrosa

Only time Shanks really mattered was in the beginning of the story to Luffy and no more than Iruka mattered to Shanks.
I am a huge Shanks fan but gap of importance between them is same as gap of importance between Sasuke and Iruka.

You can even argue that Zoro is a more important character than Sasuke was just because Zoro's on screen presence is even bigger than Sasuke's, mostly due to how manga is organized.
The only other character who I can compare Zoro to is Killua from Hunter x Hunter. Which I see Zoro and Luffy as Gon and Killua anyways, from the beginning of the story to the end, their inner dynamics and story structure makes them perfectly equal. If its any other way their relationship doesn't work because if Zoro is weaker than Luffy, he is not an exceptional subordinate and hence Luffy is not an exceptional captain.

Anyways the more we learn about One Piece, the more Shanks' importance diminishes man.
Like he didn't go to raftel, so what role does he play in the dawn bringing, in the ultimate destination? Strawhats as a crew would be crew that changed the world, and Rayleigh is already seen as bigger entity in the One Piece world than Shanks. Can you imagine how much bigger Zoro would be than Shanks?
Luffy's goal is to surpass Shanks and be a man just like him. Given that Luffy is the MC, that places Shanks' importance at the top. Zoro is just part of the goal. The whole crew is just part of that goal.

Also I don't know why you are listing arcs. Oda could kill off Zoro and replace him with Law and the story could easily continue. I mean Law is even more popular and far stronger :kata:

Luffy's goal is to surpass Shanks and be a man just like him.
Not really, his current goal is to become Pirare King which is far from Shanks. Then his goal would evolve into being dawn bringer.

Shanks is really as much of a Luffys goal as King of Zoros. Just a stepping stone though if we are being logical and honest to ourselves Shanks won't even meet Luffy.
Post automatically merged:

Also I don't know why you are listing arcs. Oda could kill of Zoro and replace him with Law and the story could easily continue
How would Law be replaced before Law was introduced, its same as me saying Oda could have easily replaced Shanks with Rayleigh in East Blue.

I am listing these arcs because in all these arcs Zoros absence could have ended the story, you know why cuz he is the main character with insane amount of on screen presence

Not really, his current goal is to become Pirare King which is far from Shanks. Then his goal would evolve into being dawn bringer.

Shanks is really as much of a Luffys goal as King of Zoros. Just a stepping stone though if we are being logical and honest to ourselves Shanks won't even meet Luffy.

How would Law be replaced before Law was introduced, its same as me saying Oda could have easily replaced Shanks with Rayleigh in East Blue.

I am listing these arcs because in all these arcs Zoros absence could have ended the story, you know why cuz he is the main character with insane amount of on screen presence
The narrator himself (Oda) said Luffy wants to be a man just like Shanks. It's also his stated goal since Chapter 1 to surpass Shanks and become PK. This is not up for debate.

Oda could have introduced Law there and replaced him with Zoro. In any of those arcs. He is more popular which would increase sales. He is also stronger so arcs would go faster.

Too bad he's neither:milaugh:
Actually he is. Whenever he gets a lot of panel time he beats Zoro in the polls.
Not really, both Zoro and Luffy are MCs ODA Said it
Na it's the Luffy show. This is even more apparent post-skip. Lmao at the Killua comparison. Like I said yesterday, he is like a Neji or Rock Lee. Important yeah, but irrelevant next to Jesus (Luffy/Naruto)

His rivals are Kidd and Law currently. You can add Teach there :kayneshrug: We even had them approaching Onagashima together where they argued about who will do what. That's clear portrayal from Oda. We even had Luffy and Kidd going through the same training in prison. Then we had Zoro equal a nerfed killer. This was an underling of Kidd. Which means Kidd beats Zoro mid-high diff. Law probably beats him with the same diff.

So you named one exception? I am talking about extreme diff fights for Luffy. Luffy has been fighting Yonko Commanders while Zoro struggles with Pleasures and Headliners:smithnie:

Yeah WB did sweat but still did something, Akainu was too scared to do anything to Shanks:endthis: I mean if you getr speedblitzed you would also sweat. He knew Shanks could have just killed him there.

Shanks is the freest on the sea :steef: You are mad your fav character can't go talk to the Gorosei anytime he wants

Luffy's goal is to surpass Shanks and be a man just like him. Given that Luffy is the MC, that places Shanks' importance at the top. Zoro is just part of the goal. The whole crew is just part of that goal.

Also I don't know why you are listing arcs. Oda could kill off Zoro and replace him with Law and the story could easily continue. I mean Law is even more popular and far stronger :kata:
Teach is his only rival the last time law was cheerleading him in dressrosa and he hyped luffy's miracles against doffy a rival wouldn't do that while Kidd was helped by Luffy two times last moments character are just last moment characters .:suresure:
▪True based on your opinion nerfed Killer = Nitoryo Zoro > luffy gear 2/3 = Hody don't forget Luffy and hody oneshotted each other
While santoryo is equal to gear 4 and ashura mode stronger overall:endthis:
▪did wb sweat yes :suresure: did he do something against oden no:goyea: Wb < Oden like
akainu < shanks :steef: Wait it is wrong :suresure:
▪Luffy will surpass Roger not shanks:milaugh: even shanks adknowledged that when he talked about similarities between luffy and Roger to ray .
▪Nah Zoro will continue with luffy until the end while law could die to help someone getting his df to do what doffy couldn't do or giving luffy immortality:steef: kidd can sacrifice himself against Kaido so to weaken Kaido somehow:endthis: .
▪Nitoryo Zoro > Kidd > Killer by feats and portrayal and not your headcanon:gokulaugh:

The narrator himself (Oda) said Luffy wants to be a man just like Shanks. It's also his stated goal since Chapter 1 to surpass Shanks and become PK. This is not up for debate.

Oda could have introduced Law there and replaced him with Zoro. In any of those arcs. He is more popular which would increase sales. He is also stronger so arcs would go faster.

Actually he is. Whenever he gets a lot of panel time he beats Zoro in the polls.

Na it's the Luffy show. This is even more apparent post-skip. Lmao at the Killua comparison. Like I said yesterday, he is like a Neji or Rock Lee. Important yeah, but irrelevant next to Jesus (Luffy/Naruto)
Man I am very much convinced you don't believe majority of the shit that you say. Like you are not here to argue but to bait but those baits are not working so you just wasting your time and mine.

If you had an actual argument rather than conflicting yourself constantly, or blatantly making no sense, hit me up. Otherwise have fun baiting those who would catch your baits.

If my favorite character only appeared like sum total of 10 times (or less in manga), I'd probably waste my time baiting others too.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Glad to see Toei's favorite son get some high quality animated action scenes. No I'm not talking about Zoro or Luffy....Batman put in work :yasu:

In all seriousness I loved this episode from start to finish even the flashback recaps and little anime original scenes. Tama and O-lin is a great wholesome duo.

Queen's VA is already nailing this character to perfection. The arctic setting for Zoro vs Kamazo was beautiful. Some of the best swordsmanship animation the series has seen so far. Looking forward to Kamazo getting Onigiri'd next episode though :finally:

The preview looks promising. Hopefully it continues at this quality for a while, as these are the episodes that were probably produced at a more relaxed schedule during the break.

Last edited:
Man I am very much convinced you don't believe majority of the shit that you say. Like you are not here to argue but to bait but those baits are not working so you just wasting your time and mine.

If you had an actual argument rather than conflicting yourself constantly, or blatantly making no sense, hit me up. Otherwise have fun baiting those who would catch your baits.

If my favorite character only appeared like sum total of 10 times (or less in manga), I'd probably waste my time baiting others too.
Why are u wasting your time with a troll if you wanted to discuss with him seriously you chose the wrong person

so with nami so with franky so with chopper so with sanji so with robin
Especially Nami and Sanji, and they are both by far more important than Shanks. I mean meaning of Main character is a character that is most integral part of the story.
Without Nami, the story would have ended all the way back in East Blue, lol cuz both Luffy and Zoro would be lost somewhere in the middle of the sea.
ith Nico Robin, Franky, Chopper, Usopp its arc to arc basis though Usopp gets plenty of plot importance in numerous arcs.

Me every time when @ShishioIsBack and @Fenaker make a power scaling essays for no reason at all:
My feeling is about the same when you blow up my alerts with "Like" spam

Is it fair to say this is the best fight choreography Toei has ever done and it is just a warm up? Like every movement makes sense, sword clashing feels like sword clashing rather than random "Clang Clang", they are doing justice to the ridiculously fast combat speed of both guys.

This little warm up alone seems to be better than entirety of Luffy vs Katakuri fight.

Last edited:
Is Brooke stronger than Kidd or Law because he is a SH?

Kidd and Law are rivals. That means EoS they will be above underlings like Zoro. If they fought EoS, Zoro would be fighting Bepo or Killer while Luffy fights Law or Kidd

given that Zoro would have died to Nerfed killer if not for Hiyori, he still has some catching up to do.
Yea Kidd and Law are Luffys peers, not Zoro.... Zoro is below them. They have portrayal Zoro has never gotten, Luffy and Law in that Doflamingo no matter how you see it were portrayed as equals,
Luffy couldnt even land an attack on doflamingo by himself, until after the damage Law did to doflamingo with gamma knife and injection shot. They needed eachother in that fight. Doflamingo took G4 attacks and outlasted the form. Luffy wouldnt have been able to overcome doffy on his own. He needed Law. Luffy and law even got similar bountys after dressrosa. Whenever Luffy is in the same vicinity of Law or Kidd in a fighting situation... they all get similar portrayal. The Narrative Oda constantly pushes is that Luffy, Kidd and Law are the top 3 supernova. And the most relevant characters in the alliance.
And the Ones who will take down Kaido.

Yea Kidd and Law are Luffys peers, not Zoro.... Zoro is below them. They have portrayal Zoro has never gotten, Luffy and Law in that Doflamingo no matter how you see it were portrayed as equals,
Luffy couldnt even land an attack on doflamingo by himself, until after the damage Law did to doflamingo with gamma knife and injection shot. They needed eachother in that fight. Doflamingo took G4 attacks and outlasted the form. Luffy wouldnt have been able to overcome doffy on his own. He needed Law. Luffy and law even got similar bountys after dressrosa. Whenever Luffy is in the same vicinity of Law or Kidd in a fighting situation... they all get similar portrayal. The Narrative Oda constantly pushes is that Luffy, Kidd and Law are the top 3 supernova. And the most relevant characters in the alliance.
And the Ones who will take down Kaido.
Nothing to see here but 3 pirate captains. Luffy even tells the enemy they're dealing with pirates.

Dressrosa was about Law and his past so of course he played a major role.

He is a side character for Luffy's dream. EoS he is still going to be an underling. That automatically means he can't be as strong or stronger than Luffy's rivals. Zoro always fights the second in charge. He isn't strong enough for the boss.

Zoro has more Ls than Law and Kidd. If he fought strong people he would have far more. I mean he needed help against Pica :wellwell: He wasn't good enough to go with the big boys Law and Luffy to fight Doflamingo.

:kaidowhat: Akainu was so scared of Shanks that he was sweating in front oh him. A magma man sweating because he couldn't handle the heat :rolaugh: None of that 'absolute justice' nonsense he was telling Coby. Just stood there like a good boy. Are you mad that when he saw the Gorosei he was treated with respect? Akainu couldn't even sit down. He was told to give his report standing and leave :odenugh:
Akainu sweat is because of Magma heat
:akaman:

Honestly the fight had great animation, But They should have dedicated an entire episode to the fight. Because Now its going to end in the middle of next episode which is an awkward place to do that, considering the manga chapter ended with Zoro's final attack. Now people are going to see Zoros final strike and him passing out all in the same episode.
For an anime format, considering how much they cover per episode, I think having it neatly over two episodes makes sense. The fight was over two chapters as well, the anime just decided to end on the fight getting serious, something that does a good job of drawing in the audience for next week as opposed to the fight already being pretty much over(aside from Zoro fainting and all that).

I don't think the change really hurts the anime's pacing at all, it just makes the fight a bit more digestible, with it being broken up neatly into the beginning "warm up", and the follow up "finishing" episode. They'll also be able to show the aftermath as one thing as opposed to it being spread out over two weeks, which I think works better for the anime(I'd rather have a recap moving into the fight getting serious, than just showing the fight already ending).

Is it fair to say this is the best fight choreography Toei has ever done and it is just a warm up? Like every movement makes sense, sword clashing feels like sword clashing rather than random "Clang Clang", they are doing justice to the ridiculously fast combat speed of both guys.

This little warm up alone seems to be better than entirety of Luffy vs Katakuri fight.
I'm not sure if we'll necessarily get a scene better animated than this one, but we should get more weighty action into the future.

The Luffy vs Katakuri fight had its highlights(the snakeman episode), and stuff from Katsumi Ishizuka, Yoshikazu Tomita, and Tu Yong Ce respectively, but they didn't have Takashi Kojima doing stuff. That was a pleasant unsurprising surprise.

BTW, if people want to know about who animated the animation highlights this episode, go look at the Best animated episodes of the anime thread.

Don't really get the pacing complaints for this episode.

Like, yeah, not much stuff was covered, but One Piece isn't exactly a quick series regardless.

The direction was absolutely on point from series director Aya Komaki. It was a master class in how to make content engaging through direction, with everything having interesting framing, and utilizing smart shot composition, as well as flashbacks to liven up the dialogue. Komaki certainly knows how to give her episodes a unique sense of atmosphere. The first half would typically have been nothing special, with good direction actually made the dialogues and storybeats land really well.

I think the anime thus far is doing a really good job of actualizing the impact the Kaido fight had on Luffy, especially with how much its getting flash backed to. The manga sort of did this as well, but the idea of Luffy constantly reminiscing about getting totally crushed(and those flashbacks often being editted in interesting ways) does sell home how shaken Luffy was, as well as his motivation to overcome that defeat.

Animation wise, the highlights mainly came in the second half, both during Zoro fight with Gyukimaru, and his final fight with Kamazou.

The highlights from the Gyukimaru fight came from Junwen Tan, who animated a cool bit of sword action, and the Ryuma flashback.

Junwen Tan

There was also a nice little scene by an unknown animator.

The absolute animation highlight of the episode was animated by Takashi Kojima, in arguably his best, and certainly his longest scene on the show, with him animating the incredible sword fight between Kamazou and Zoro at the end of the episode.

Overall, a really solid episode in terms of execution, even if only really the second half had particularly notable content. Komaki did an admirable job making Luffy beating up grunts more interesting.

Next episode probably won't have an animation highlight quite as fantastic as Takashi Kojima's scene this week, but I expect it to have some nice sword action still, with Tetsuro Nireki appearing in the NEP, and Nagamine, the other series director, being the episode director on the episode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.