One Piece Episode 963 - Oden's Determination! Whitebeard's Test!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • 3/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
J

Jo_Ndule

Whitebeard didn´t use Koka, probably invisible CoA but Oden clearly use black hardening on both swords bro:

Both swords of Oden are covered with black hardening.
Post automatically merged:

I think Oden improve during the travel with Roger and WB.
Young Oden: High High tier
Commander Oden: Low Top tier
Prime Oden: Mid-High Top Tier
Anime may add fillers but anime won't go making Oden not use koka when clashing wb here

Young Oden is Inbetweener/top high tier
Nobody clashing primebeard equally like that unless they are already >YCs
Freaking WB was shook and sweating

its not a filler in wano arc oda tells the animator about the off panels in the manga because oda is getting old and can't draw everything.
Can you prove it? Because that is not true. The Manga and the Anime are 2 different things. The Anime team should not stress themselfs too much about that. - said by Oda himself.

Everything that does not happen in the manga is filler.

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

ODEN is not defeated in the canonical manga.

Young ODEN in the anime lost a big difference to WB prime WSM, although WB is at its peak and ODEN is not, he was very young.

ODEN 25 years ago returned invincible to WANO, and faced KAIDO in the castle, we can assume that YOUNG KAIDO, was already at the level of WB prime.
KAIDO is a beast, just like ODEN, it is no wonder that both KAIDO and ODEN respect each other, they are the two strongest in history.

LMAO, look at the effort that WB with GURA is making to knock ODEN to the ground, not even knocking him out, while KAIDO is doing it in a much stronger PRIME ODEN, with a casual stroke.

AP KAIDO> WB GURA.
@MonsterKaido

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

Then why did they totally fuck up Kaido's thunder bagua from 923?
Speedblitz in the manga but just power struggle in anime?
Here I agree with you ...

They fucked with the blow.

Although this episode clearly shows that GURA can be dealt with.
KAIDO's casual attack knocking out ODEN> WB GURA almost exploding.

Here I agree with you ...

They fucked with the blow.

Although this episode clearly shows that GURA can be dealt with.
KAIDO's casual attack knocking out ODEN> WB GURA almost exploding.
100%, gura can be dealt with by being sent flying like team rocket and then reflecting on your life choices on your back unable to move a mile away.

On another note, good haki feats and reaction feats by wb, oden couldn't blitz him like vs kaido. Now we see just how nerfed old wb was.

Oden Vs WB was done beautifully. Since, WB had to use his gura ability to bring down Oden, his potrayal as a monster is still safe. Also it wouldn't have made sense if WB couldn't bring down young Oden but Roger could just send him flying.
Seeing WB pirates acting as a normal pirate crew was such a bless.:finally:
Everything about Oden is just so enjoyable. He is the complete package of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji merged together. His is the face should Google suggest when searching for the word Chad. :myman:

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

Oden came close to killing crydo if it hadn't been for an old fodder who saved his ass and crydo's thanks was to kill her, 0 honor has mr top hostages and dirty tricks
:doffytroll:
When you start to speak phrases with meaning, maybe I will stop ignoring you.

Embarrassing.

Oden was 29

And he got oneshotted
There is no shot in the manga, GURA was on the verge of losing against AP in this confrontation with ODEN.
Now it makes sense why ROGER can handle GURA. Prime ODEN on his return could also, given the circumstances and difficulty of WB here. Kaido can match in AP with GURA.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Embarrassing.

Oden was 29

And he got oneshotted
That ain't a one shot. A one shot is the first attack that knocks out or kills the opponent. Kaido's first attack on Luffy would be considered a one shot not WB clashing multiple times with Oden before knocking him down.

I expected nothing less from my favourite character. WB >>>>>> YOUR FAVE :cheers:

WB is so goated, I would love a series just on the adventures of the WBP.:steef:

I honestly can't wait for WB vs Roger :moonwalk:hopefully, Toei extends their clash just a bit more.

Last edited: