One Piece Episode 965 - Crossing Swords! Roger and Whitebeard!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • The jig is up. That Ringo Daimyo doesn't look like Zoro at all.

• Higurashi having two burning candles attached to her forehead is a red flag you're dealing with crazy.
  • This woman dances and laughs one minute then cries with tears the next. :believe:She's a master manipulator and Orochi bought her twisted logic.

• Feeding Orochi a Mythical Zoan was a waste in retrospect. He didn't need that power to acquire the throne and he remained a non-fighter his entire life.

• Great new piece featuring Semimaru's instrument as Orochi thieves.

• Orochi the medicine maker probably just poisoned Sukiyaki, fitting of a snake to resort to venom.
  • The animals are actually running because the legend Admiral Kitsune is using his unconscious haki :finally:

• One year later, I still don't know who the three Roger pirates taken down by Gan Modoki were. R.I.P these original fodder designs.

• Roger is just worried Gaban can't fight without his glasses. Such a nice boss.
  • "Yo Samurai" and then he blows you away and deforests the island. :usoprice:What a damn strong impression to give a man.

• I love that Whitebeard is jumping through the trees and attacks Roger from the sky. Pops finally enjoying himself.:myman:

• ABSOLUTE POWER. :lunazing:The landscape around them is warping and Oden has to dig his sword into the ground to hang on, how did this island even survive.
Very nice episode. The art varied a bit, but the direction and filler added were enjoyable. Villagers chasing Orochi gives extra weight to the fear and hate driving this man. Higurashi and Orochi got some crazy detailed expressions and nice lighting thanks to the storm outside. I like that he transforms after eating the fruit and laughs with all eight heads at the end. The soundtrack was fine this episode, my favorite being the Roger vs WB track, but it needed a haunting piece to honor Kurosawa's Throne of the Blood that inspired this whole thing.

A lot of praise for just how strong and charismatic Roger's introduction was this episode. I love the way he talks to his men and laughs at Oden, his VA was great and Oden's just keeps getting better as he matches his age. The aura effects were toned down this episode compared to the usual, even though haki aura radiates from the blades in the manga, so I very much appreciate that they held back. It's wild to see that next episode also features intense fighting and probably another Roger and WB clash. We're eating good this month.
Huh? Obvious he was telling to both? Why you singling out Gaban? Odd. Rayleigh and Gaban are his top guys and he stopped him just for his fun, but trust their strength though.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It was frustrating to wait for the awaited clash, the Kurozumi part was so long when everybody was just hyped for the WB/Roger bit.
So it was difficult not skimming the first 15 minutes.

The clash was good only complain the haki part : in the manga we saw big black haki tendrils and it’s not really here.

3/5

It was frustrating to wait for the awaited clash, the Kurozumi part was so long when everybody was just hype for the WB/Roger bit.

The clash was good only complain the haki part : in the manga we saw big black haki tendrils and it’s not really here.

3/5
Well its red, so its basically the same sort of gist.

Even though the Whitebeard stuff was more hype, I actually think the Kurozumi stuff was more interesting, if not just for the atmosphere.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Even though the Whitebeard stuff was more hype, I actually think the Kurozumi stuff was more interesting, if not just for the atmosphere.
not saying the first part was bad. But we all knew and waited for the clash. To have 15/16 minutes of Kurozumi and maybe 2/3 minutes about WB/Roger was a bit of a drag.

And the red things were not as defined and don’t really show the haki powers compared to other one piece players. The black tendrils were only showcased by Roger and WB to that extent

It was frustrating to wait for the awaited clash, the Kurozumi part was so long when everybody was just hyped for the WB/Roger bit.

3/5
Good reminder about how One Piece just isn’t about the fights. :)

not saying the first part was bad. But we all knew and waited for the clash. To have 15/16 minutes of Kurozumi and maybe 2/3 minutes about WB/Roger was a bit of a drag.

And the red things were not as defined and don’t really show the haki powers compared to other one piece players. The black tendrils were only showcased by Roger and WB to that extent
I agree. This dbz shit looks too similar:

There should be a clear difference in WB and Roger\s clash but you don't really see it.

Worst

Custom title
A bit underwhelming at least for a manga reader since we were only waiting that damn clash (i was hoping for some more quality on Roger's first hit to Oden) but hey seems like next episode it's a full fan service...at the end u can't blame toei Roger Pirates vs WB pirates doesn't happen all days I bet they'll put all they've got next episode

divine departure as I feared .....
Have to say, I also have mixed feelings on that. Like, Roger actually drawing his sword and going in for the slash is actually really good, but the actual moment of impact is a bit lacklustre. Oden being sent flying was really well animated as well. It was just the actual collision that was kind of underwhelming.
Post automatically merged:

I agree. This dbz shit looks too similar:

There should be a clear difference in WB and Roger\s clash but you don't really see it.
I don't think you know what DBZ actually looks like, because that's not really similar to DBZ. Again, One Piece action looked more similar to DBZ in Dressrosa.

Also, I think the difference in collateral damage at least is super obvious. Big Mum and Kaido were creating massive wind gusts, Roger and Whitebeard while not even touching each other were changing the environment around them dramatically.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Man that clash of WB and roger is soo godly animated mann...:steef::steef::steef:

that preview tho roger pirates vs wb pirates lets fuckinnggg goooo!!!!

that oden with grenade scene really shows that he is just only living in small pond his whole life before meet WB...

Great Episode..
:ultimoji:
Yes I think Oden reminds a bit of Ace in this aspect right? His Life was also in a quite smaller pond before meeting Whitebeard. Then things quickly escalated once the realization occurred.