One Piece Episode 993 - Explosive?! The Handcuffs that Shackle Yamato's Freedom!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 0/5

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Solid episode.

Good effort from Masahiro Hosada in the direction and storyboard front, with the episode being decently paced, and having a decent filler scene here and there(most notably, Nami and Carrot being caught by Big Mum and her Yokai and Kiku and Kanjuro's conversation preluding their fight).

The art by Masayuki Takagi was also really on point and very expressive. Animation was serviceable, though nothing spectacular, but got the job done.

Overall, pretty alright episode. Not exactly a classic, but fun enough for what it is.

Next episode should be fun. Return of the Koyama and Shimanuki duo.

With this pace , onigashima will finish 3 years in the anime. Cuz , all offscreen fight will show one by one.
Like Jack and pero vs Duke.
Sanji vs calamities
Marco vs calamities. This list can be extended

With this pace , onigashima will finish 3 years in the anime. Cuz , all offscreen fight will show one by one.
Like Jack and pero vs Duke.
Sanji vs calamities
Marco vs calamities. This list can be extended
They're extending those things to make up for only adapting ~12 pages per episode. As long as they maintain that pace, the manga will always be ahead by the same amount (manga is 17 pages per chapter, but 2.5-3 chapters per month with breaks), so anime Wano will take the same time as manga Wano.

If only we could go back to episode 982 quality :risitasad:

Is anyone familiar with One Pace?
It will, the Chapter 1000 episode is being directed by the same director (Megumi Ishitani).

I watch everything that I can through One Pace, it's so good. Since the start of Wano, and particularly Onigashima, the anime has been adding "filler" which is just expanding on off-panel stuff, instead of dragging things out, so the anime has been much more watchable.

Last edited:
W

Wonderful World

I will, the Chapter 1000 episode is being directed by the same director (Megumi Ishitani).

I watch everything that I can through One Pace, it's so good. Since the start of Wano, and particularly Onigashima, the anime has been adding "filler" which is just expanding on off-panel stuff, instead of dragging things out, so the anime has been much more watchable.
Really? That's good news and gives me something to look forward to.

Honestly, though the pacing has never been great, what bothers me are 10-second close-ups of everyone's faces whenever something happens. So much time is wasted because of this.

One Pace is fantastic for manga readers.

W

Wonderful World

Not to scroll down too you just criticize the pace lol :kaidowhat:
I'm not sure what you mean at this point.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but as I said, the biggest thing for me is the close-ups they tend to do for too long.

While that's a thing with the anime, I enjoy the clarity it sometimes brings. As well as some of the off-screen stuff that gets expounded on.