General & Others One Piece General Discussion

Why people pretend plot armor is a normal thing specially at shonen? This is just assume you don't care about poor writing. How can someone accept plot armor and still say it is a great manga acknowledging the poor writing?

Why people pretend plot armor is a normal thing specially at shonen? This is just assume you don't care about poor writing. How can someone accept plot armor and still say it is a great manga acknowledging the poor writing?
Shonen are famous for their main characters plot armor. Dragonball, bleach, fairy tail etc... We cant avoid that. Thats because their plot is usually based on weak characters who wish to become the strongest in the world against all odds.
Aside from shonen though, most fictional stories have some amount of plot armor. Fantasy, horror and action films in general. Without it, the main character would always die before the movie ends.
I personally, dont find it that irritating because i expect it to happen. But lets be real, shonen are meant to be read by teenagers not to win nobel of literature.

Shonen are famous for their main characters plot armor. Dragonball, bleach, fairy tail etc... We cant avoid that. Thats because their plot is usually based on weak characters who wish to become the strongest in the world against all odds.
Aside from shonen though, most fictional stories have some amount of plot armor. Fantasy, horror and action films in general. Without it, the main character would always die before the movie ends.
I personally, dont find it that irritating because i expect it to happen. But lets be real, shonen are meant to be read by teenagers not to win nobel of literature.
First of all, do you know what plot armor is? Plot armor ir essentialy poor writing. Is when your story stop making sense by the elements giving by it's author.
So stop that, no work at all need plot armor. Plot armor is a problem not an element that has to be present in every work.
Tell me that, what training arcs are for? To justify characters growth. If even with training arcs the author needs plot armor, then first, he didn't needed training arc in first place since he is coming with whatever bullshit he has in mind, second, there is no second actually is just the first.
With that said, tell me where is plot armor in Dragonball? Without talking about DBS since I don't watch it. Only DB classic and DBZ. I can only imagine you saying about first time SSJ. Still I would argue that rage was always a power up in series.
Being knocked out and came up stronger with a new power up was never a thing in OP.

First of all, do you know what plot armor is? Plot armor ir essentialy poor writing. Is when your story stop making sense by the elements giving by it's author.
So stop that, no work at all need plot armor. Plot armor is a problem not an element that has to be present in every work.
Tell me that, what training arcs are for? To justify characters growth. If even with training arcs the author needs plot armor, then first, he didn't needed training arc in first place since he is coming with whatever bullshit he has in mind, second, there is no second actually is just the first.
With that said, tell me where is plot armor in Dragonball? Without talking about DBS since I don't watch it. Only DB classic and DBZ. I can only imagine you saying about first time SSJ. Still I would argue that rage was always a power up in series.
Being knocked out and came up stronger with a new power up was never a thing in OP.
I know very well what plot armor is. Tell me one fucking action movie that doesnt have it. The main character always kick everyone ass until there is no one else standing.
About dragonball, well the entire story is a plot armor. In every single arc, an overpowered villain shows up and defeats anyone he sees until the main hero gets a new tranformation and wins. So no matter what happens the main character always ends up being stronger.
Do i need to mention goku's inability to stay dead or the fact that he comes back from the dead right after he died, to somehow assist gohan in defeating cell. No one ever comes back from the otherworld yet goku does that with absolutely no conscequences. The fucking plot doesnt even let him die. If that isnt poor writing then i dont know what is.

I know very well what plot armor is. Tell me one fucking action movie that doesnt have it. The main character always kick everyone ass until there is no one else standing.
About dragonball, well the entire story is a plot armor. In every single arc, an overpowered villain shows up and defeats anyone he sees until the main hero gets a new tranformation and wins. So no matter what happens the main character always ends up being stronger.
Do i need to mention goku's inability to stay dead or the fact that he comes back from the dead right after he died, to somehow assist gohan in defeating cell. No one ever comes back from the otherworld yet goku does that with absolutely no conscequences. The fucking plot doesnt even let him die. If that isnt poor writing then i dont know what is.

Sorry dude but let's recap DBZ villains. First we have Raditz that overcome in a battle against Goku + Piccolo. So Goku isn't even fighting alone. Gohan had a rage moment that overcome Raditz power and break his armor. Then Goku sacrifice himself so Piccolo could kill Raditz with a new power but he need time to charge. So no plot armor here.
Then there is an arc training.
The Earth Z Warriors can't do almost nothing to Sayajins even to Nappa. Goku comes in and low diff him if his new power up.
Then Vegeta is a real challenge. Against Oozaru he can't do shit. I don't remember very well that part but it seems another friend of Goku cuts off Vegeta tail turning off the Oozaru transformation. At the end Goku don't truly beats him but Vegeta almost defeated by everybody fighting together run away.
At Freeza's Saga Goku once again train a lot and came in low diffing all "side" villains. He then struggle against Freeza final form and unlocks Super Sayajin after goes enraged because Kurilin died. This is the most scenario to plot armor, but as we saw with Gohan x Raditz Sayajins enraged do become stronger.
Against Androids and Cell is basically the same. Okay was really weird that scene of Goku helping Gohan with kamehameha, I'm not sure what it was but I know Gohan was alone there and others started to attack Cell and made him lost concentration on kamehameha.
Buu saga. Goku has SSJ3 which was strong but still couldn't defeat Fat Buu. Gohan also comes in overpowered and lost after transformation from Super Buu. Then Kid Buu is playing with everybody and dies by Genki Dama which is everybody strenght unite in a single attack.

So as I see my friend, DBZ is one of the series that has almost none if any plot armor.

Doesn’t deserve a thread so once again I’m gonna post it here...

After Luffy’s current defeat the only way I see Kaido get defeated is with having the next rematch being Luffy, Kid and Law vs Kaido. However, this time the only difference is we need Kid and Law to PU to the same lvl as Luffy and work as a team to take down Kaido cuz he ain’t gonna be taken out in a solo fight.

I can’t believe I am saying this but oda is a toilet tier writer that I won’t be shocked if it happens.

first off, me calling my used to be all time favorite character big meme doesn’t mean that I am shitting on her... BIG MOM DIED , SHE’S DEAD.
this one is fake; her name is big meme.

the real big mom is the cunning plotting schemer...the woman that don’t underestimate her opponents as she used haki against Luffy in wedding... the woman that doesn’t hesitate to murder her children and backstab people that were going to help her (mother mode asspull)...that woman that was going to murder zeff etc etc etc the woman that WANTS Luffy’s head.

continuing on the last part, in this chapter she heard kaido killing Luffy and literally laughed...so not only she wasted all this time to go after Luffy but she actually couldn’t careless about kaido murdering him and was laughing...

she challenged kaido and came to wano fir luffy’s head but this happens... oda :gokulaugh:

after her acting out of character all this time ( being dumb, underestimating her opponents million times, not going after Luffy all this time, mother mode asspull and lastly being happy kaido killed Luffy instead of her)

why should I believe that Luffy gonna beat her ?
:crazwhat::bamathink::kobeha:

first off, me calling my used to be all time favorite character big meme doesn’t mean that I am shitting on her... BIG MOM DIED , SHE’S DEAD.
this one is fake; her name is big meme
EIICHIRO ODA IS KIDNAPPED. The new author is fake; his name is Eizoro Oda.

the real big mom is the cunning plotting schemer...the woman that don’t underestimate her opponents as she used haki against Luffy in wedding... the woman that doesn’t hesitate to murder her children and backstab people that were going to help her (mother mode asspull)...that woman that was going to murder zeff etc etc etc the woman that WANTS Luffy’s head.
The real Eiichiro Oda is the genius mangaka in my wet dream... the mangaka who draws arc revolves around Straw Hats and not some fucking scrubbards or crybaby gladiator... the mangaka who made Luffy said "people dead" and not some idiot who said "Jinbe even if you are dead, you must be not dead"... the mangaka who makes villain look threatening like Arlong, Crocodile, and Rob Lucci and not some throwing tantrum granny and king of hostages!!!

I can’t believe I am saying this but oda is a toilet tier writer that I won’t be shocked if it happens.

this one is fake; her name is big meme.

continuing on the last part, in this chapter she heard kaido killing Luffy and literally laughed...so not only she wasted all this time to go after Luffy but she actually couldn’t careless about kaido murdering him and was laughing...

she challenged kaido and came to wano fir luffy’s head but this happens... oda :gokulaugh:

after her acting out of character all this time ( being dumb, underestimating her opponents million times, not going after Luffy all this time, mother mode asspull and lastly being happy kaido killed Luffy instead of her)

why should I believe that Luffy gonna beat her ?
:crazwhat::bamathink::kobeha:
you are free to drop the series, no force :steef:

Garp said that he thinks the return of rocks pirates will surpass his imagination, implying they will be even more terrifying then the original rocks pirates ?

the force that has the potential to erase the world government haha

Oda is a master at fake hype.

Kidd have powerful devil fruit ? Kid have great haki user ? After falling 10000m falling, Kaido made Kidd ...... :) Big Mom is great haki user , monster from birth. Under normal condition, Kidd do not anything to BM. @Lukegranders
dw... wait and see how things progress.. whining about it won't help.. the pen's in oda's hands..

let him progress and bring put fantasies to existence or dump them in the abyss
:endthis:

Last edited:
I have speculation tho I don’t think it needs its own thread imo,

it goes like imagine the raid fails now only for SHs and allies to regroup and decide on another date for revenge after they heal up and words come out to the public via Drake that there’s another battle, which result people like Weevil who wants SHs and Marco’s head for WB’s treasure(as his mother wishes). Buggy and whatever left of his crew coming to Luffy for taking his giants squad as well as BB sending at least two of his titanic captains to steal DFs out of this battle, BM’s crew officially is part of this war, The SH GF commanders senseing the danger in Luffy’s viver card so they come for assistance. Furthermore, marines send an admiral(maybe Kizaru or GB) with a buster call, lastly more of the worst gen coming into play. This would make Wano’s war comparable to that of MF.

Let me start of first with some theory crafting.

1. Law meets up with momo and co

2. He used his room just in time and teleported the top half of kinemons body (homage to how kinemon was first introduced on punk hazard) before kaido could crush him

3. Law then reassemble his body again

4. Kinemon catches up to momo

5. Kaido makes a quick remark to law

6. Law reveals to kaido that he is a D

Scene changes to laws crewmates in his submarine finding luffy. They prepare themselves to save him but are left shocked in disbelief

Scene changes again to chopper reaching his limit. Right when queen is about to deliver the final blow on chopper, sanji swops in hitting queen. Queen makes a quick remark about the vinsmoke.

Sanji thinking now would be a good time for chopper to focus on healing zoro is now left with a huge shock. Chopper is actually still in monster point. The side affects of the drug used by Caesar to create the new rumble balls are the same as the candies given to the gigantic children on punk hazard.

Luckily chopper suspected that going mad would be a side affect of the new rumble ball and thus made a sedative to cure himself in advance. However chopper is in monster point form going berserk.

He attacks sanji. However his attention is quickly diverted when he sees queen. Chopper starts fighting queen again this time stronger and not on control of his actions.

Sanji however is now looking for the sedative to give to chopper so that he can be in his right mind to heal zoro.

Scene changes again to Marco vs king. They seem to be evenly matched with king (now in hybrid form. It has four wings emphasizing his original wings in base and his devil's fruit wings. It is revealed that Marco is having such a hard time because he gave up alot of his own flame trying to stop the ICE ONI-fication of the samurais chapters ago. And that he needs time to rest and regenerate so that he can fight king at full strength). Sanji concludes that he now has to help both members fight against two yonko commanders. Zoro smirks making a remark that he will be the one to help give luffy that winning push (zoro and luffy vs kaido round 2 incoming).

The chapter ends with it panning back to what laws crew in the submarines saw. It's the same thing that was speaking to momo.

The island of wano is......... A BLACK TORTOISE??????