General & Others One Piece General Discussion

Where is Shanks in all of this?

He have been awfully silent as of late after having a meeting with the Gorosei.
Don't be surpised if Shanks surprisingly stands before Blackbeard in the next act break.

Blackbeard is currently on his way to get his hands on something dangerous, don't think Shanks will just sit by and have Teach have his way with potentially an ancient weapon.
Post automatically merged:

Many think that but I have the feeling that Elbaf has no official ties with any Yonko and that the country is independant. The giants of Elbaf are hardly the guys I can see being willing to be under someone's else protection and they were unafiliated at the time of Loki's marriage attempt with Lola.
Elbaf is super obviously protecting the last "missing" Road poneglyph imo.

- Fishmans had one
- Kozuki had one
- Minks had one

Just Logical to assume that the Giant race was entrusted one too and that's why they're so closed up to the outside world, waiting for Joy boys return.

Last edited:
I would love to see Zunesha (the big elephant where Zou is located) make its appearance in Wano. Once events have unfolded and the final battle is ongoing or just about to start, Zunesha appears with the rest of the minks. Kaidou then kills Zunesha and it collapses onto or nearby wano. The minks and samurai are re-united, and the samurai have fertile soil to live off of until Wano has recovered from all the polution. (It might also be that Zunesha arrives after the conflict just to chill there with Momo.)

Considering Momo had a connection with Zunesha, and Momo's ongoing execution might set something in motion and cause Zunesha to go after him.

Just a wild idea, but I'd love to see it.

On another completely unrelated note.. Remember the guy with the book fruit from Big Mom's Crew? Who imprisoned Luffy and Nami? Why doesn't he just fit the crew in his book and fly to Onigashima?
And something else I'd love to see regarding him.. Him getting his ass kicked. Imagine him fainting, and all the creatures and people from inside the book come flooding out! If we see the end of big mom during Wano, this might happen during this war. Otherwise later if the Big Mom saga continues afterwards.

Last edited:
Don't be surpised if Shanks surprisingly stands before Blackbeard in the next act break.

Blackbeard is currently on his way to get his hands on something dangerous, don't think Shanks will just sit by and have Teach have his way with potentially an ancient weapon.
Post automatically merged:

Elbaf is super obviously protecting the last "missing" Road poneglyph imo.

- Fishmans had one
- Kozuki had one
- Minks had one

Just Logical to assume that the Giant race was entrusted one too and that's why they're so closed up to the outside world, waiting for Joy boys return.
Where did BM get hers from tho? She couldn’t have stolen the FMI one because she would have also taken the other Poneglyph

Where did BM get hers from tho? She couldn’t have stolen the FMI one because she would have also taken the other Poneglyph
Pehaps she get from her time with Rocks, he could have discovered the location of this one and after he dies she took for her.

If there is a Road Poneglyph in Elbaf, is the one that was in FI, pehaps Shanks have moved it to Elbaf and asked the Giants to keep It safe until the time came.

We know that Luffy has lost his #1 fights against his opponents ( Lucci , Kaido ) and even #1 and #2 ( Crocodile ) , but has his crew lost their first fights ?

just now i have thought of all arcs from Wano to Water Seven , so :

• Wano
• WCI
• Zou
• Dressrosa
• Punk Hazard
• Fishman Island
• Sabaody
• Thriller Bark
• Water Seven

and i think his crew didn't lost any of their first fights ?

if Zoro , Sanji , Jinbe , and 6 others lost their fights here in Onigashima , then it could be the first time they lost their first fights

but correct me if i'm wrong .

Is it me or are there sort of parallels between Roger and Zoro ? They both are swordsmen, they both were described to have the aura of a wild beast, and they’re both alcoholics

Roger also died a year before Zoro was born... not saying that means anything but it is interesting.
I guess same applies with Rayleigh

Rayleigh and Roger were extremely alike either aftet all :)

I guess both alcoholics, CoC users, wild beasts etc.

But Roger was actually much more of a wild beast then you would be correct

Luffy held back massiveley against Doflamingo, this was shown when he never used Kong Organ Gun on him, and waited for Doflamingo to heal.
You're a moron. Doflamingo was in base form, up until he had 10% HP. Imagine if he started using awakening since the beginning, and turned Dressrosa into strings. He was literally fighting Luffy and Law in base, and they still needed a dead body to land Gamma Knife.

And second of all Luffy didn't "wait for him to heal". He send Doflamingo flying to the other side of Dressrosa and was catching his breath. Gear 4 places a massive strain on his body, like Rayleigh said, it's not just Haki. He wasted too much energy dodging Doffy's awakening.

His stamina was completely shot in Dressrosa. Compare that to Mirror World where had 10x the energy, even after Boundman.

If you paid attention, you'll notice he never bothered dodging Katakuri's attacks in Boundman, so he had much more stamina. Against Doffy, his stamina was shot, because he spent 20+ minutes dodging and running.

Last edited:
He is always in base. Awakening is just another Tool/ability/Utility.
It's not "another tool". Read what Doflamingo said. "There's a whole other LEVEL to Devil Fruit powers."

If you notice, even Katakuri only busted out awakening around the Merienda. He wasn't constantly using it for Part I of the battle. Then after that it was just Power Mochi again and again for Part II.

Oda is holding Luffy's awakening even after Top Tier CoO and CoA. That's how powerful he considers it.

It's not "another tool". Read what Doflamingo said. "There's a whole other LEVEL to Devil Fruit powers."

If you notice, even Katakuri only busted out awakening around the Merienda. He wasn't constantly using it for Part I of the battle. Then after that it was just Power Mochi again and again for Part II.

Oda is holding Luffy's awakening even after Top Tier CoO and CoA. That's how powerful he considers it.
Awakening is just like Luffy holding out on G4 until it was neccessary. Yes to the a whole new power, we just don't know what Luffy's would be.

At this point i just don't care about Wano that much. Oda teased us so much not making the strawhats have worthy opponents that the only things I'm looking forward are fights and that is a pity.
I can still enjoy (at least a bit) chapters if i reread them after a while but almost any spoiler seems just the same, there never is something that makes me scream "wow, this is so cool".
Oden, Yamato, the supernovas, the Red Scabbards and even Kaido are just nuisances.
Hopefully Kaido's flashback (I'm kind of interested in it even now) will happen after the fights are started so I'll be a little bit less critical and fully enjoy it:pepemy:

I'm starting to wonder if this "saga" even ends with Wano. Rocks plot bejng perpetuated into something bigger, im starting to believe Kaido/BM may survive the arc, reform the Rocks pirates, and we see an arc where all 4 Yonko collide over ancient weapons or something in God Valley. Idk, with the way Kaido speaks, it almost sounds like his plot can't be over just yet after Wano. He talks about stuff in the future (looking for ancient weapons, converting Wano into a lawless country, etc)

Weird to me if he himself goes down after this, but this is also me banking on an Ace existing and Luffy fighting that person instead.