General & Others One Piece General Discussion

It’s interesting thinking about not only how long Roger had known Shanks, but whether or not Shanks is a good guy or bad guy, despite the old pirate king and Luffy, the future pirate king, being quite fond of him. Makes me wonder how people would feel if it turns out he’s a bad guy, at least a bad guy according to most peoples’ reckoning and not just by the Marines, and if many people would become less of a fan of him depending on what he does.

Shanks might be a good and friendly guy, but I'm not buying the perception that he's not doing anything shady or "evil" (which is a big word)... Not everyone is Shanks' friend...

Do you think Chopper can now defeat his former herd leader without using Rumble Ball, Rokushiki, Haki or any transformations or PEDs, just pure physical strength in his normal reindeer form (Walk Point)?

"In the original manga, the term "One Piece" (ワンピース, Wan Pīsu?) is often accompanied by an additional string of text translating roughly to "the great hito-tsunagi treasure" (ひとつなぎの大秘宝, Hito-tsunagi no Dai-hihō), initially as a separate descriptor and later as a base-text directly glossed with the "One Piece" katakana."

Quoting from the wiki but it's in the raws. First time it appears is when Whitebeard says one piece is real. Most people have been translating it as "the rope that connects people" or literally "in one piece". My suggestion is, what if it's not hito-tsunagi? Since it's katakana with no spacing given, it could be hitotsu-nagi or "一つ凪" - a phrase roughly translating to "one sea at peace".

So one piece is "the great treasure of a peaceful sea".
Post automatically merged:

Shanks will never be the final enemy..
Shanks will stab luffys eye out and say something like come on I thought you were supposed to show me how tough you are? Youve got to take me seriously. And Luffy will smile and say "it doesn't hurt a bit". Like chapter one

Shanks will stab luffys eye out and say something like come on I thought you were supposed to show me how tough you are? Youve got to take me seriously. And Luffy will smile and say "it doesn't hurt a bit". Like chapter one
That would be confusing and a big WTF moment.

Could the weak trio(combined or individually) defeat solung form minks ? If yes how many of them and can they go as dar as defeating the top three of both the musketeers and guardians?

Last edited:
I think it’s possible that Robin might get a pet horse to fit her whole cowgirl aesthetic she had going on in Alabasta arc and pre timeskip. It could be one of the animals out in Wano.

B

Ballel

The WG final war needs its preparation, set up, flashback, Revolutionary army and so many different aspects before getting into one
This is what I fear about. If Oda keeps trying to put out chapters (almost) weekly he won't have the time to plan these things out properly.
If the ending is supposed to not be rushed or half of the important plotpoints being forgotten, then Oda should take a 2 or 3 month break at least to sort things out and to plan ahead.
If he does it right, all the Strawhats' dreams can be shown and concluded as well as all the other relevant points that revolve around world history/politics.

I hope he takes his time and is not hellbent on spitting out chapter after chapter and then having to retcon stuff.
The WORST would be if he only concludes some of the plot points (PK, Void Century, Joyboy for example) and all the other points will be finished in novels or spin offs.

This would be so disappointing that I would seriously question whether One Piece was a good manga afterall.

Its been speculated that Whitebeard took the FI Road Poneglyph (the one missing), and put it somewhere on Elbaf (an island with a massive tree reaching into the sky, it begs for an awesome adventure arc).
Unfortunately I doubt there will ever be a mostly adventure themed arc like in prets.

Last edited by a moderator: