Good catch

Kinda Curious about the length of the chapters tho

Egghead 20 chapters? Franky Focus
Fullalead 30 chapters? Aokiji and Koby plotline
Elbaf 35 chapters? Usopp Focus
Lodestar 40 Chapters? Blackbeard Setup
Laugh Tale 55 Chapters? Fights and Reveal
The Final/Throne War 100+ Chapters?

What are your predictions on the chapter length?

To kind of preface this, Jump apparently "officially" subdivided the story (so far) into 12 Arcs. So far, 6 are distributed Pre-TS and 6 are in Post- TS

But I've questioned if it's appropriate to split the series this way. We are now nearing what the author calls the "endgame", but the most recent chapter truly suggests we aren't that close to that yet. And if you look into how much territory the first "part" covers, it's actually pretty understandable how that's not possible.

Between the first 6 arcs of One Piece, starting from Grandline, we visit 15 locations before heading to Fishman Island. Early on, the series had reasonably short arcs that could last 10-25 chapters (i.e. many Boroque Works arc islands, Jaya, Long Ring Long Land, and basically every Paramount War island.).

The next 6 arcs were not structured like this, save for Zou. Essentially, the other 5 arcs, which includes the midpoint Fishman Island, were all 50+ chapters long, with DR, WCI, and Wano being way longer than basically any other individual arc in the series.

So this kind of gives Oda a conundrum, because progress in Paradise was easy to measure. The crew, geographically, traveled a ton, while in the NW, they realistically cant be more than half way since they've only, truly traveled through to 5 islands (you can't really count FI, it's a midpoint). Compare that to the current 15 locations Paradise has. Even better, subtract out Enies Lobby, Amazon Lily, Impel Down and Marineford as locations out of the way, and you are left with 11, 10 if you don't also count something like Reverse Mountain/Laboon. Let's call it an even 10.

Now, 10 in Paradise, so far 5 in New World. And even, then you have to suspend disbelief that Zou and WCI also count towards forward progress in the Journey. Can Oda actually equate this with the New World? I believe the answer is 100% yes!

See, now we are at Egghead, the "6th" island marked on this progress. Egghead is already teasing us potentially visiting Fullalead to deal with the Koby/Blackbeard situation. Elbaf has already been heavily teased and is basically guaranteed to happen. That's so far 8, leaving, imo Lodestar and Laugh Tale. Now while Lodestar is the physical end of New World, Laugh Tale is technically the final island of the journey. Now, if you don't count Laugh Tale, it's possible Oda throws yet another island in here somewhere....or he doesn't lol.

Maybe the above is already too much, but I can see now that One Piece may be officially split into 3rds as an 18 part story. Each part culminates into a big conflict. The Summit War, Wano's Raid, and the Final War.

Part 1:

- East Blue
- Alabasta
- Skypiea
- Water 7- Enies Lobby
- Thriller Bark
- Summit War

Part 2:

- Fishman Island
- Punk Hazard
- Dressrosa
- Zou
- Whole Cake Island
- Wano

Part 3:

- Egghead
- Fullalead
- Elbaf
- Lodestar
- Laugh Tale
- The Final/Throne War

Imo, this is how the last part will be structured. And no, that's not to say these parts are of equal length. Part 1 is 600 chapters. Part 2 is 450. Part 3 may not be as long as the rest, or maybe it will be lol.

But this has been a thought I've had for a while, where it never felt like the series could be realistically split into 2 halves. I do not think, realistically you can justify getting to the end of the New World in less than 3 islands without entirely suspending your disbelief in how much the crew has traveled.

Anyway, this is what I think is left. Don't want to argue about content, each of these could be argued to death about they contain or not (i.e. Vegapunk also being a moon arc and Luffy fighting an Admiral or Vegapunk himself, etc).

Some tags:

Counterpoint: Shuiesha also approved this
Don't think it's a good idea to take how they classify things as some kind of ironclad fact

Counterpoint: Shuiesha also approved this
Don't think it's a good idea to take how they classify things as some kind of ironclad fact
No where does it say that Yamato is a crew member here though lol.

And its beside the point. 4 of the 6 are basically guaranteed. We are in Egghead, and Elbaf, Laugh Tale and The Final War are necessitated by the plot. The only "questionable" ones are Fullalead and Lodestar, but they are safe guesses to make lol
Post automatically merged:

Good catch

Kinda Curious about the length of the chapters tho

Egghead 20 chapters? Franky Focus
Fullalead 30 chapters? Aokiji and Koby plotline
Elbaf 35 chapters? Usopp Focus
Lodestar 40 Chapters? Blackbeard Setup
Laugh Tale 55 Chapters? Fights and Reveal
The Final/Throne War 100+ Chapters?

What are your predictions on the chapter length?
Personally longer for some and shorter for others. It depends on what arcs have full blown antagonists and what others don't.

For Egghead, Fullalead, Elbaf, I still think they'll be substantial (i.e. Fishman Island/Punk Hazard length at least, so 50 or so chapters, or WCI length at most, 80 or so chapters.)

Like, hypothetically, let's say they resolved Vegapunk/Kizaru, Blackbeard and Shanks in that order, then I'd assume they would be long as shit while things like Lodestar/Laugh Tale are shorter and the Final War is solely focused on Akainu/Marines and Im/WG. However, if BB/Shanks are relevant to the endgame, the I would assume Laugh Tale and the Final War are just bigger final plotlines while these 3 arcs are shorter.

Imo, the Yonko will at least remain relevant until Laugh Tale, so these arcs may be a bit shorter than what we've seen recently.

Tldr: It depends on whose relevant in each arc. Either 1 or both Yonko go down before Laugh Tale, or they remain relevant up until that point or even after.

Last edited:
If part 1 was luffy gaining crew members and part 2 was him gaining allies

Do you think "part 3" would have something similar? Probably gaining territories now that i think about it

Also even if part 2 isn't an official thing it does basically feel that way. With every new world arc so far directly tying to both big mom and kaido. Even Fishman island tied to big mom by the end of it
Now that wano is over it finally feels like where moving on more so than any other arc.
Tho we might see big mom in elbaf its unlikely her role as antagonist would be as big

Oda has estimated another 5 years manga will end.

If going by the pace I definitely dont think he will keep up the promise

I am guessing final arc will be bit fast paced compared to wano. Most of these arcs needed luffy to build up and develop.

I hope there is pace up .