General & Others One piece is a mediocre series

Ok for the sake of the conversation ill assume that you are not a troll.
First of all most people started watching one piece at the marineford arc so they thought that since marineford was great then all the pre timeskip arcs were solid too. Thats not true at all.
People complain about the lack of death in one piece. Did arabasta arc had any deaths? Did skypiea had any deaths? Did ennies lobby had any deaths? What about thriller bark or sabaody? NO DEATHS AT ALL. Suddenly everyone started complaining about it. People like you, are not and wont ever be real one piece fans. First time i watched one piece was in 2002 and i guarantee that is better than ever. Its not perfect, flaws exist, but dont act like is suddenly bad or sth.
I am 100% sure that if we were in skypiea right now, none of you who complain about everything that is happening, would watch it. So make us a favor and stop watching it and return to the other mediocre manga you were reading before.

Last edited:
Ok for the sake of the conversation ill assume that you are not a troll.
First of all most people started watching one piece at the marineford arc so they thought that since marineford was great then all the pre timeskip arcs were solid too. Thats not true at all.
People complain about the lack of death in one piece. Did arabasta arc had any deaths? Did skypiea had any deaths? Did ennies lobby had any deaths? What about thriller bark or sabaody? NO DEATHS AT ALL. Suddenly everyone started complaining about it. People like you, are not and wont ever be real one piece fans. First time i watched one piece was in 2002 and i guarantee that is better than ever. Its not perfect, flaws exist, but dont act like is suddenly bad or sth.
I am 100% sure that if we were in skypiea right now, none of you who complain for everything that is happening, would watch it. So make us a favor and stop watching it and return to the other mediocre manga you were reading before.
Holy based.

90% of chapters ends with fake hype, maybe this is a cause why this series is not so good rn. Honestly this formula of Oda putting those fake shit at the end of basically almost every chapter just sucks big dongers.
Tho I like some aspects, especially from this arc, like momo riding Yamato . This is definitely where Oda shines most as a storyteller.:steef:

Miura you sick bastard plzzz just finish the goddamn manga.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Anyway, for the discussion thread, One Piece between Baratie and the Sabo-Luffy-Ace flashback was peak fiction. One Piece during the post time has deteriorated in quality a bit but is still good.

Pre-Baratie OP - 7/10
Baratie - SLA Flashback - 9.4/10
Fishman Island - WCI - 8/10
Wano - 7/10

Overall- 8.5/10

I’d say OP is a good+ series, it isn’t amazing per sé but it’s definitely not mediocre lol.

In Wano specifically though, yeah, mediocre for OP is a fair take.

Sabody Archipalego, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford and Ace/Luffy flash COMBINED took less time than Wano. One Piece post time skip has been absolutely trash. Not mediocre but trash. Filler chapters after filler chapters. Wano, WCI and Dressrosa are three of the worst arcs in the series. I rather read Fishman Island than these three arcs.

- Chapter after chapter Yamato and Momo just running around
- Oda running in circles with all these fake deaths which only causes the arc to be that much longer since now they have to defeat them again.
- Oda maxing out the world building of one piece to such an extent that no matter what he does he won't be able to do justice with all the characters now. Filler characters at this point.
- Pointless Silhouettes and fake cliffhanger hypes.

And those complaints are just in the last few chapters. The problem with One Piece is that the editors are cowards and need to grow some balls and actually act like editors by stopping Oda from writing such trash.