Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This thing of "Oda is heavily involved in the series" is the same bullshit that happen with George Martin and the Game of Thrones series, if Oda is working in the manga i doubt that he can spend much time in anything else, but saying that the autor is involved will make the fandom hate less the series.

How they will do Arlong and his crew in a way that would work in a live action? Some others characters in East Blue, like Morgans, Kuro and Buggy, have some crazy fisical features that can be adapted in good ways, but the Fishman have a high chance of becoming very cringe, and after the SH get to the GL the things become even more crazy with guys like Kuma, Moria and Ivankov beeing impossible to be made by humans actors

Matt Owens, a writer/producer for the live action series, is talking about the live action series right now in RogersBase's Reverie stream. Here's what I managed to catch him say:

Confirmed: They have NOT cast anyone yet for the Live Action series. Yes, that includes Cole Sprouse.

Confirmed: Oda and his editors are HEAVILY involved in the creation of the LA series. Matt Owens has met personally with Oda gave him an outline of the series.

Confirmed: They know where they're going to be filming, but can't say where.

Matt is unsure how involved Oda is with the fandom.

Matt has sympathy for content creators who get copystriked.

RATING WILL BE TV-14 Quote: "This is not the 4Kids version. That is a promise."

They are experimenting with the best way to convey the Devil Fruits.

Matt is a fan of the Davey Back Fight (I'm sorry)

MATT'S FAVORITE ARC IS ENIES LOBBY.

Matt's favorite character is Law.

Matt believes Law is not making it out of the series alive.

Matt prefers Sanji over Zoro

HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW THE SERIES WILL END, NOR DOES HE WANT TO KNOW

Matt's favorite colors are green and yellow.

Matt really wants to see Vegapunk. "He's been too connected to so many things for so long, and we don't know where his allegiance lies."

Tekking and KOL are fanboying over the Moons. KOL has now started ranting about the Poud-being-alive issue.

Nami vs Robin: Matt prefers Robin.

Shanks vs Mihawk: Matt prefers Mihawk
Yes, Foxy is a lock in the live action series.

This will be fun.

:laughmoji::laughmoji::laughmoji::laughmoji:

Matt Owens, a writer/producer for the live action series, is talking about the live action series right now in RogersBase's Reverie stream. Here's what I managed to catch him say:

Confirmed: They have NOT cast anyone yet for the Live Action series. Yes, that includes Cole Sprouse.

Confirmed: Oda and his editors are HEAVILY involved in the creation of the LA series. Matt Owens has met personally with Oda gave him an outline of the series.

Confirmed: They know where they're going to be filming, but can't say where.

Matt is unsure how involved Oda is with the fandom.

Matt has sympathy for content creators who get copystriked.

RATING WILL BE TV-14 Quote: "This is not the 4Kids version. That is a promise."

They are experimenting with the best way to convey the Devil Fruits.

Matt is a fan of the Davey Back Fight (I'm sorry)

MATT'S FAVORITE ARC IS ENIES LOBBY.

Matt's favorite character is Law.

Matt believes Law is not making it out of the series alive.

Matt prefers Sanji over Zoro

HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW THE SERIES WILL END, NOR DOES HE WANT TO KNOW

Matt's favorite colors are green and yellow.

Matt really wants to see Vegapunk. "He's been too connected to so many things for so long, and we don't know where his allegiance lies."

Tekking and KOL are fanboying over the Moons. KOL has now started ranting about the Poud-being-alive issue.

Nami vs Robin: Matt prefers Robin.

Shanks vs Mihawk: Matt prefers Mihawk
Thanks for the summary. I couldn't watch the entire Reverie, so it's nice to have this!

This thing of "Oda is heavily involved in the series" is the same bullshit that happen with George Martin and the Game of Thrones series, if Oda is working in the manga i doubt that he can spend much time in anything else, but saying that the autor is involved will make the fandom hate less the series.
Matt mentioned he'd personally met with Oda and will be sending outlines/scripts to him for his approval. I never watched Game of Thrones, is that what happened with GRRM?

Oda hates romance, so he will make sure none of it happens.

:gokulaugh:
Lol I know, although I dont think he hates it as much now post time skip
But this is Netflix :kayneshrug: it's stupid to think they won't add this stuff to appeal the western audience,

That said listening to Matt Owens yesterday it was very reassuring how they will try stay faithful as much as possible to the canon material

I usually never bother watching live actions, especially not from anime, but I’m actually excited about this, seeing how they handle the story of One Piece in the real world really piques my interest, even if I know there’s a chance it might be a big let down.

I watched Netflix’s adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events and I had mixed feelings about it. While the series mantained the absurdity of the books, it just didn’t translate well to the screen, imo. CGI effects weren’t so great, but the actors were pretty good. In the end, I was much more moved by the books than I was by the series.

One Piece has a lot of humour, which is One of the things that always made me prefer it to Naruto or Bleach; rarely a chapter goes by where Oda doesn’t add a joke in it. But I think I’d rather the Netflix adaptation had a darker, more serious tone. I also expect them to do things slightly different from the original source (would be a good way to keep manga readers and anime viewers interested as well) even if the end result is the same.

Like maybe in the adaptation they could have Pell die for real, lol. Small changes like that, that don’t have much of an impact in the overall story, but are still interesting.

I hope this succeeds and we get to see later arcs adapted as well.