Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Per Oda, this is the Strawhat's nationalities.
  • Luffy (Brazil)
  • Zoro (Japan)
  • Nami (Sweden)
  • Usopp (Africa)
  • Sanji (France)
  • Chopper (Canada)
  • Robin (Russia)
  • Franky (America)
  • Brook (Austria)
I do think Zoro looks Asian, but more manly than him. However, how he will look in action is different than still model photos.

With his hair slicked back I can see it better-

I don't know how I feel about a OP live action, but I do think they made some great choices. Luffy's actor looks like a goofy fun loving kid so he's perfect imo. Nami's Actor looks just like her as does Ussops (minus the silly nose). Only problem is Sanji, I don't see it at all.
Ay, actors like Skylar are apparently from Spain instead of France. Not like they always have to make it 1 to 1 after all though. They can be free with interpretation and I'm sure Oda would think the same.

Saw instagram stories from Sanji Actor, apparently they are going to meet in Cape Town, South Africa :queenmoji:
He tagged Luffy, Nami & Usopp’s Actor.
He didn’t tag Zoro’s actor, prolly lost somewhere :yasu:
Post automatically merged:

Taz (Sanji’s actor) just posted some pics with Inako (Luffy’s actor), Jacob (Usopp’s actor) & Emily (Nami’s actor). They were having meal that cooked by Taz himself :neesama:
http://instagr.am/p/CWcyqn5AdBo/
In the comment, Mackenyu (Zoro’s actor) said that he is lost LMAO :mihanha:

Last edited:
Saw instagram stories from Sanji Actor, apparently they are going to meet in Cape Town, South Africa :queenmoji:
He tagged Luffy, Nami & Usopp’s Actor.
He didn’t tag Zoro’s actor, prolly lost somewhere :yasu:

Taz (Sanji’s actor) just posted some pics with Inako (Luffy’s actor), Jacob (Usopp’s actor) & Emily (Nami’s actor). They were having meal that cooked by Taz himself :neesama:
http://instagr.am/p/CWcyqn5AdBo/
In the comment, Mackenyu (Zoro’s actor) said that he is lost LMAO :mihanha:
These actors are something else when it comes to physical aspect.

Actually no, unlike Bebop OP story has much bigger potential, but they should made it more reaclistic and less anime.
OP has also much bigger potential to get messed up. The character designs alone and alot of scenes that look "ok" in anime are gonna be cringe in real life. Bebop isn't as crazy as OP in terms of character designs and stuff and is much more "realistic" than OP. It's much easy to make Bebop work than OP, but those film makers have no idea how to create a good real life adaptation of an anime or manga.
There is like a 98% chance that they are gonna mess this one up aswell.

G

Gorosei Informer

He's Sonny Chiba's son, who's one of the biggest 'martial artist actors' not only in Japan but worldwide. Makes sense.
Holy fuck, I didn't even know he is Sonny's son! (Lol Sonny's son). Sonny passed away this August too!

:josad::emohiyo::perocry:

I knew him from Kill Bill as Hattori Hanzo in it at least...Also, I remember at least one theory that suggested Green Bull would based on him too!

This really makes the casting for live action Zoro all the more profound... Seeing how the actors are behaving and interacting so far and that Zoro's actor was in a live action Rurouni Kenshin film and was badass in that too is very promising! With a legacy like his too due to his father, this really is a wonderful choice!

:finally:

:zosmug:

Carrying a kitty cat :neesama:
@Nekomamushi will probably approve too!

:catrude::catsure::catpole:

I wonder how early they'll cast Rayleigh and Carrot.

So much potential with Rayleigh! Not sure how they would do Chopper, Carrot, Zoans and Minks in general, its gonna be very cursed lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fuck, I didn't even know he is Sonny's son! (Lol Sonny's son). Sonny passed away this August too!

:josad::emohiyo::perocry:

I knew him from Kill Bill as Hattori Hanzo in it at least...Also, I remember at least one theory that suggested Green Bull would based on him too!

This really makes the casting for live action Zoro all the more profound... Seeing how the actors are behaving and interacting so far and that Zoro's actor was in a live action Rurouni Kenshin film and was badass in that too is very promising! With a legacy like his too due to his father, this really is a wonderful choice!

:finally:

:zosmug:

@Nekomamushi will probably approve too!

:catrude::catsure::catpole:

So much potential with Rayleigh! Not sure how they would do Chopper, Carrot, Zoans and Minks in general, its gonna be very cursed lmao.
I remember Sonny Chiba from Fast and Furious Tokyo drift. He really had a presence and aura screaming legend. I think they really nailed Zoro's casting

Rayleigh is like the Obi Wan Kenobi of One Piece so I think it would make sense to pick a prestigious actor of a previous generation from America or Europe. Wait what about Ewan McGregor himself !

I mean

Sean Connery in Highlander has always given me Rayleigh vibes as well with his English + Scottish mentor looks so they might look for that that archetype in casting.