Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lmfao that would actually be hilarious if it happened!

I kinda want it it to be so bad, its like an unholy lovechild of the 4Kids OP dub and Tommy Wiseau's The Room and becomes a cult classic instead ironically?

It's gotta be better than the Cowboy Bepop live action at least surely?

kingufy:nicagesmile::robinsweat::neesama:
This Live Action even if it's better than Cowboy Bebop (which is also shit) it will be just as bad, because the problem with Live Actions is that because they try to be too faithful to the manga/anime, the series becomes too crude, and it looks too much like a Nickelodeon production.

G

Gorosei Informer

This Live Action even if it's better than Cowboy Bebop (which is also shit) it will be just as bad, because the problem with Live Actions is that because they try to be too faithful to the manga/anime, the series becomes too crude, and it looks too much like a Nickelodeon production.
Hahaha yep! There's no way a live action can sucessfuly replicate the medium of anime/manga/cartoon/video games or w/e, it always ends up coming out janky/awkward.

I've heard rumours of sex, increased violence and gore and such and I fear its gonna be the typical Netflix approach of trying to make everything a typical young adult series, regardless of the IP and it means we're gonna get blatant romance within the SHs too if not "more" than that and such.

Given Oda is meant to be overseeing this though, I hope he reigns in the crazier ideas but I can't see this being anything but a disaster so far, except for how the sets are looking maybe so far and how truly dedicated and seemingly wonderful (as people at least) the cast are.

I'm dreading how Luffys powers are gonna look although I've heard Sanji is gonna be "less extreme" and more like his pre TS/cooler self I believe? Zoro seems like he will done well and I have good faith in Nami and Usopp so far too. Sanjis actor does seem like he will do a great job too, as well as Zeffs and some others too.

Not familiar with any of them aside from Zoros actor, from the Rurouni Kenshin live actions, which are some of the only decent LA adaptations I've seen too.

I'm desperate to see a trailer for it already, the waiting is agonising lol. I need to know what we're in for hahaha!

G

Gorosei Informer

If the live action got successful somehow, can't wait till they cast The Rock as Kaido.:kobeha:
Oh god please no! I wanted Momoa for him or maybe Bautista possibly? I am so freaking sick of Dwayne but he might do a good job with Kaido, might that is. In fact, funnily enough, he might be better for All Might actually to think of it! Hah!

I've not seen Black Adam but it seems like a joke and apparently is a flop and I fear if Rock did get involved, it might end making this worse somehow lol. Granted though, I have enjoyed him in some films, especially Moana and Jungle Cruise but he also isnt exactly a "varied" actor and just seems to play himself each time too, one of those actors who are just being themselves instead of acting lol. He did have some good moments in Central Intelligence, Get Smart and such I think though. Maybe even the Jumanji films but he felt like the same character in those films pretty much? I've seen quite a few very famous actors do that same thing to be fair though.

Some people wanted Dwayne for Aokiji too and I'm not sure how I feel on that tbh.

Idris Elba has been knocking it out of the park hard with Sonic 2 and Suicide Squad imo, hes much more vesatile than I expected and a truly great actor, really surprised me with how different he was in Suicide Squad and truly animated/extreme and such lol. Idk if theres a good fit for him in OP or he should play, but maybe Daz Bones or even Aokiji maaaaybe? Idk though lol. If we're not limited to ethnicity too, like how some characters have been cast with actors of different ethnicity to them, that does open a lot of potential for Idris and even Dwayne potentially too.

Both of them are too big and thus expensive to get involved with this OP live action I'm sure though, especially Dwayne by far surely?

Yeah exactly lmfao, lets hope they stay rumours!

:lulz::kailaugh::luffylaugh::ace:

(Although I wouldnt mind seeing Nami and Robin getting it, especially with each other too LMAO! Although theres no Robin yet and may not be unless this gets greenlit for multiple seasons ofc? I'm guessing she might be late next season or early 3rd season at worst?)

:choppawhat::zorothink:

https://www.myinstants.com/en/instant/kill-me-just-fucking-kill-me/

Lets make it worse LMAO!:

OH MY GOD LMAO!

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
I've heard rumours of sex, increased violence and gore and such and I fear its gonna be the typical Netflix approach of trying to make everything a typical young adult series, regardless of the IP and it means we're gonna get blatant romance within the SHs too if not "more" than that and such.
not sure about the other things you mentioned but there’s nothing about sex circulating, and matt already confirmed there’s gonna be no romance between the SH