Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• No, it's not a good adaption.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its like they know that people wont like most of the casting soo they keep It hided until a lot of things are already done so they cant change anymore.

The hard part in casting for a anime/manga adaptation is that the characters already have a visual image deeply associated with them, its hard to change it and now say "u have been seeing Luffy for the last 20y, but now this random guy is Luffy", and different from US comics where the characters change theirs design everytime the author change, or a book where the characters dont even have visual, just descriptions, and u can even change it in your mind.

You’ll be eating those words when the live action Gomu Gomu makes it debut with a cringey live action Luffy who will look like a hillbilly…

Eck gross… Some powers need to stay 2D animation.
Actually not...it could be cool adventure movie, with beatiful locations. Just imagine: Arabasta, Skypia, Water 7, Sabaody and ofc Fishman island.
If you watch it as different story it will be solid itself, ofc it will depend on characters: more cruel, kill people etc. I believe Luffy there should be more similar to Kidd(not in tortures tho). Case you know series should be made not only for OP fans, but for "hollywood" auditory, or even for Netflix auditory.
Luffy is not a kid...he is older then Robb Stark from GOT, same goes for all main heroes...they are not a kids, so it can't be the story about kid adventures(like Oda's OP). Also jokes that work in anime never will work in movie. So concept of the story overall could be changed. Luffy there instead of being just reckless and dumb, could be also smart. Basically his best behaviour could be like Dragon from One Piece manga. Case you know people should love him from first moment, and he should act as someone who knew what he is doing.
Also in OP manga and anime Luffy actually was like that till he entered Grand Line(for example shoot from canon to stop the ship). Anyway that's my thoughts on live action film, that has even biggerpotential that manga

They need to cancel production…. Tired of all these lazy cheap ass companies wanting a quick buck by remaking shit for no reason.

Even if it succeeds OP will become mainstream af
:whitepress:
Cancel production because you say it? You can just move on without watching it instead. Why bother insulting a production if you can just ignore it?

Actually not...it could be cool adventure movie, with beatiful locations. Just imagine: Arabasta, Skypia, Water 7, Sabaody and ofc Fishman island.
If you watch it as different story it will be solid itself, ofc it will depend on characters: more cruel, kill people etc. I believe Luffy there should be more similar to Kidd(not in tortures tho). Case you know series should be made not only for OP fans, but for "hollywood" auditory, or even for Netflix auditory.
Luffy is not a kid...he is older then Robb Stark from GOT, same goes for all main heroes...they are not a kids, so it can't be the story about kid adventures(like Oda's OP). Also jokes that work in anime never will work in movie. So concept of the story overall could be changed. Luffy there instead of being just reckless and dumb, could be also smart. Basically his best behaviour could be like Dragon from One Piece manga. Case you know people should love him from first moment, and he should act as someone who knew what he is doing.
Also in OP manga and anime Luffy actually was like that till he entered Grand Line(for example shoot from canon to stop the ship). Anyway that's my thoughts on live action film, that has even biggerpotential that manga
I think they will make One Piece feel a bit darker and more realistic, since what we see in anime and manga is not transferable into live action just like that. The jokes don't work, the action will be different. Story aspects will be adjusted but they will follow the main plot. Changing characters and their personality though would be critical though, since Luffy is a great character for how he is. Air-headed, careless, selfish, but not wanting to kill because he only wants them to lose courage in their dream because they stand in his way. He acts for justice if he cares about it. He is not lile Dragon, he does not want to change the world but he will end up doing it anyway because it's fated to be, because he ends up caring by chance. If they change that about Luffy, it will be way too different from his original vibe as protagonist.

I do agree with the adventure though. It's a big aspect of One Piece, and just imagine all those great places and islands being protrayed visually in live action.

I stopped reading not even halfway in…

Then they must Have casted people and are there with him?
The official staff twitter of OP had posted a while ago that the casting is in the selection process. There is no confirmation as of yet that they have finished selecting all the actors yet though. But since the Showrunner and his assistant already arrived in SA I assume that it can't take that long anymore until they start filming.

First time posting. Not sure how any of this works

One Piece live action is in pre-production under the working title of "Project Panda".
Casting for "Project Panda" began approximately 5 months ago

Some new confirmed production members:
Cheryl Eatock - Line Producer
Nomfundo Mabaso - Production Coordinator
Lerato Tshabalala - Production Secretary
Emlyn Nield - Graphic Designer
CAITLIN ELIZABETH GANGER - Production Assistant

Some official auditions:
Luffy - SCENE 1:

SCENE 2:

Koby - https://vimeopro.com/user22718314/project-panda-nicholas-hamilton-pascal

Changes to the script:
-Roger is killed by guillotine
-Garp is a series regular
-Arlong meets with Kuro "of the hundred plans" to make a plan to bring down Krieg. However, he lowkey looks down on Kuro too. Arlong knows about what Kuro is doing with Kaya (Arlong refers to her as Kuro's plaything), and he asks Kuro if he isn't tired of keeping up the act yet. But kuro says arlong is also guilty of doing the same. Not sure what he means but its probably foreshadowing to nami. Kuro also recognizes Nami later during syrup village.
-Alvida seems like a series regular. They gave her a plot line of being with buggy. She's also jealous of boa hancock
Source for this?

One Piece live action is in pre-production under the working title of "Project Panda".

Some official auditions:
Luffy - SCENE 1:

SCENE 2:

Changes to the script:
-Arlong meets with Kuro "of the hundred plans" to make a plan to bring down Krieg. However, he lowkey looks down on Kuro too. Arlong knows about what Kuro is doing with Kaya (Arlong refers to her as Kuro's plaything), and he asks Kuro if he isn't tired of keeping up the act yet. But kuro says arlong is also guilty of doing the same. Not sure what he means but its probably foreshadowing to nami. Kuro also recognizes Nami later during syrup village.
-Alvida seems like a series regular. They gave her a plot line of being with buggy. She's also jealous of boa hancock
Thanks for these infos! It seems there is a lot of foreshadowing

Some official auditions:
Luffy - SCENE 1:

SCENE 2:

Changes to the script:
luffy will be the hardiest to turn live action and still feel like luffy, that much energy, wide eye optimism but not niave about how dark the world is and so who ever plays luffy needs undrstand him and dont treat him like everyother adventure fantasy tv show mc.

Looking at the second video,i wonder if the fact that Live Action Luffy says "did my father abandoned me because i did something wrong?" is an invention of the live action writers,or is an indicaton Oda gave to them on how Luffy feels about his father. Because right now,in the manga,it seems that Luffy doesnt care at all about his father Dragon.

Looking at the second video,i wonder if the fact that Live Action Luffy says "did my father abandoned me because i did something wrong?" is an invention of the live action writers,or is an indicaton Oda gave to them on how Luffy feels about his father. Because right now,in the manga,it seems that Luffy doesnt care at all about his father Dragon.
luffy should not say the word father/dad relating to dragon,do not ask about his father and if a charater ask about his father he should say "i dont have one " and get distracted by something and walk off.

B

Ballel

luffy will be the hardiest to turn live action and still feel like luffy, that much energy, wide eye optimism but not niave about how dark the world is and so who ever plays luffy needs undrstand him and dont treat him like everyother adventure fantasy tv show mc.
Yeah Luffy's character has a depth to him that is impossible to put in words.

luffy should not say the word father/dad relating to dragon,do not ask about his father and if a charater ask about his father he should say "i dont have one " and get distracted by something and walk off.
Luffy would never ask the aforementioned question. He was raised by Dadan and to an extent Garp, this is enough for him. Just like Nami's mom and sister are Bellemere and Nojiko.