He never won the fight by having superior combat abilities anyways.

That's why Post WCI Luffy is overrated and nothing special amongst commanders. He was at best borderline YC1 level and would've still lost to Kata in another 1v1.
So after learning future sight, Kata's main advantage over Luffy, and increasing the time with which he had access to G4 he'd do worse starting fresh with those boosts. Not sure I believe that.
Luffy doesn't lose fights if he is close in strength to his opponents and they don't have hax that he can't deal with. He has higher willpower than anyone else.

Yeah I'm going to call bullshit on that one. Well I would agree if he didn't come back in the mirror world but from the moment he did he won that fight fair and square.
Flampee helped katakuri, not the other way around, that was the only time he managed to land a decisive hit because luffy's Coo was catching up with his.
Then Luffy sent him to bed, you could call it a draw if you want but there is nothing in that fight that he can't be proud of.

This win was more legit than against cracker and he was happy to win against both of them so this information is just wrong, it's a lie. There was a lot of respect between the 2 fighters at the end.

So yeah it's complete bullshit.

Last edited:
We should have Crocodile and Tsuru lecture some of you guys:

Croc: " It's a poison hook, don't say it's unfair, there is no fairness in PIRATE FIGHT" then Luffy agreeeeeeed!

Tsuru: "Don't say such pathetic things, there is no "IFs", you have lost, that's the only reality"
Doffy replied: "how can I best you?"

Kata and Luffy:" Sorry, I didn't know about the interference"
Luffy replied "there is no fairness in a pirate fight" recalling back and confirming once again Crocodile words!

Oda doesn't shy away from interferences cause pirate fights aren't fair, and when two chads clash fairly without interferences is RARE, and can be special cases like when Zoro or Mihawk need a 1 vs 1 duel
But in a pirate crew vs pirate crew, it usually ends up a biy chaotic
Cause the stakes are higher than the simple fights

What's on the line is not the winner of duel, it's about saving a country, saving a nakama, getting out of country alive, stopping rebillion, returning shadows, winning a war...etc!

So after learning future sight, Kata's main advantage over Luffy, and increasing the time with which he had access to G4 he'd do worse starting fresh with those boosts. Not sure I believe that.
Luffy doesn't lose fights if he is close in strength to his opponents and they don't have hax that he can't deal with. He has higher willpower than anyone else.
Very convenient for the MC to have higher willpower then anyone else. It does not change the fact that Katakuri was a far more skilled fighter than Luffy, whether pre or post the battle.

Luffy learning FS does not make that drastic of a difference when his application of it in combination with his usual Fighting style will never be as great as that of Katakuri.