One Piece Magazine Vol. 9 (April 2020)

D

Deleted member 83

Pic from TalkOP
“Wano ver of Sabo and Ace”
“Right now I just want to draw kimono! I even thought to myself if I should draw Wano ver for different kinds of characters on the color spreads, but I’m hesitating because it’s really troublesome to draw the patterns on the kimono, so there’s the issue with time as well. Ace and Sabo, please have a look!”
Oda

It's actually very strange that Toei never adapted the Law or Ace novels into anime specials. You would figure they would be popular picks ripe for cashing in. The story is already written, the character designs are mostly out there, the setting is nothing special. Easy money, right?

Every year they do a special in late summer/autumn, last year they opted for the cheapest and easiest thing they could to celebrate the 20th anniversary: they readapted Romance Dawn but shortened it to 20 minutes. Below average a standard Wano episode in quality.

All I can really guess is two things: 1) Stampede took up all their resources in 2019. But they still didn't adapt novels in 2018. Film Gold apparently left them with enough time and money to do the Heart of Gold special promoting the movie. 2) Toei is pulling out of the anime special game. Maybe the business model isn't working anymore. Maybe their focus is Wano or other anime under their belt.

:sabogood: Happy to hear Boichi is at it once again. Dude has has his own manga but works tirelessly to keep promoting One Piece. He's a legit OP super fan at this point.

It's actually very strange that Toei never adapted the Law or Ace novels into anime specials. You would figure they would be popular picks ripe for cashing in. The story is already written, the character designs are mostly out there, the setting is nothing special. Easy money, right?
My bet is that after the Ace manga coming out, they making a special aswell for the Ace novel.
Don´t know much for the Law novel but the Ace novel alongside with the hype manga drawn by Boichi would give them easily many money.